Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD

In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD : Shouda woulda coulda. I watched every play. I don't hold good or bad bounces against a guy or for a guy. Plenty of his picks so far this year could have bounced the other way too. The bottom line is the bottom line. The rest is spin. Asante should have sealed the perfect season - but he didn't.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Here's more on why Brady only got a "B". After the safety, Brady turned it on, beginning in the waning seconds of the first half. But, prior to that, he appeared to be struggling: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/football/jets/Stapleton_Tom_Brady
    _silences_all_the_doubters.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SentientMeat. Show SentientMeat's posts

Hey, TexasPat - Just me "Amigo" saying 'Hi'.  You and me used to post on the Patriots chat board back when...

Good to see you still at it.

Oh, and tanbass is right about Carter.  I picked up the game in the 2nd and they were already talking about him and he looked impressive for the rest of the game!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

[QUOTE]How the hell can you give Brady a B!! When is the last time you saw hin MOVE IN THE POCKET like he did last night and make big plays.  Make a first down by a quarterback sneak. As usual your report card is as stupid as every other report card is. Nothing bugs me more than people sitting on their  butts giving grades to players who are out there playing the game. I think everyone who publishs "report cards" should go out and play 15 minutes in a real football game. I'm sure as they carried your a s s off the field I 'd love giving you a FFFFFFFFF!!
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

THANKYOU FOR STATING THIS!!!! Some of these ppl dont realize this simple fact. That win was an A all around for great effort

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, TexasPat - Just me "Amigo" saying 'Hi'.  You and me used to post on the Patriots chat board back when... Good to see you still at it. Oh, and tanbass is right about Carter.  I picked up the game in the 2nd and they were already talking about him and he looked impressive for the rest of the game!
    Posted by SentientMeat[/QUOTE]

Hey! What was your former posting name? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SentientMeat. Show SentientMeat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :      Hey! What was your former posting name? 

Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

It was "Amigo"  NOW it is SentientMeat.  Is NEGAME2 our friend GAME from NC?  I was going to say "Hi" but it did not sound like her.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :      Did you watch the whole game...or just the second half? But for the grace of God, Brady could have, and should have, been picked 3 times in the first half. Sorry...no "A" when he does that. 
    Tex...   if someone gets 90 answers right on a 100 question test in which in their first 10 answers were wrong, does that mean you reduce the overall grade, from A to B, because of the first 10 question results?  Seems you did that here for Brady.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I don't think Tex was that hard on Brady, had those forced and errant throws been intercepted we'd be questioning his decision making just like last week. I don't fault Brady one bit for that safety though. I think Woodhead's a great player but whoever had him on the field in that situation just didn't make a sound decision.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :      Hogwash. You have a blind spot for Brady, similar to what "The Dog(gggg)" has for Peyton Manning. Brady's accuracy and decision making has been a bit of an issue. He has already thrown 10 picks through 9 games this year, as opposed to throwing just 4 picks throughout 16 games, last year.       Had the Jets' DBs not dropped those three passes discussed in detail above, this might have been an entirely different game. But, don't take my word for it. Rodney Harrison acknowledged during halftime that Brady had been "lucky" that he hadn't suffered multiple picks.  

TP - If you are using Brady's miracle season last year as the standard for grading his decision making, it will be near impossible for him to ever get an A from you again. Using last year isn't a fair standard and clearly fans don't realize just how special it was.

Winning in the NFL, against any teams let along a divisional rival and one of the most watched rivalries, is very difficult any given week. Brady made a couple of errant throws and yes, he got lucky on a couple, but the fact is, he didn't get burned on them. He led the team when he needed to, completed the passes at the most critical times (did you forget his 3rd down completions), and the offense took care of their side of the ball.

Your criticisms of Brady lately almost seem like a suffering of dillusions of grandeur. Even the greatest athletes of all time have imperfect moments. I think too many fans have become too spoiled and "used" to how Brady has been over his career and anything less than 400 yards, a 75% completetion %, and 5TD's, deems a subpar performance.

The guys is a winner. He made the plays when he had to and the offense controlled the ball when it needed to. Brady was fantastic with the exception of a couple throws from which he didn't get burned on.

If Matt Cassell had a similar game, you'd have given him an A.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]A 118 passer rating with 300+ yards 3 TDs and no INTs is a B? What the hell is an A for you? I think you've got a forest/trees thing going on here TP. It seemed Woodhead did pretty well with the same blockers.

Blah Blah Blah. Not everybody is set to blow Brady like you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

TPat: A couple of minor disagreements with you: the secondary gives up 306 yards to Sanchez and gets a B+ but Brady plays an absolutely brilliant second half, throws no picks, sidesteps Jets rushers to keep plays alive and gets a B. Part of the reason that the secondary didn't get torched any worse was the pressure from the front four, especially from Carter and Anderson. 
     As for the OL, the Pats managed an anemic 60 yards on 28 carries for a 2.1 yards per carry average and almost got Brady killed on several occasions. Matt Light in particular looked as if it might be time to pack it in.
     Finally, while ST showed an immense improvement, you failed to point out the wretched kick return game that the Pats are currently deploying. 
     Lots of posters have said that running the ball is the answer. My response is why would you continue to do something that hasn't worked in the past and expect it to work in the future? I am not sure whether the failure of the running game belongs with the running backs, a poor OL, or maybe the play calling. Maybe it belongs with all three, but what was clear yesterday was that this team will succeed or fail on the arm of Tom Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD : TP - If you are using Brady's miracle season last year as the standard for grading his decision making, it will be near impossible for him to ever get an A from you again. Using last year isn't a fair standard and clearly fans don't realize just how special it was.

RESPONSE: I respectfully disagree. Brady is rated, along with Joe Montana,  as perhaps the greatest QB of all-time. Like Joe, his calling card has been his accuracy, decision making, and penchant for playing his best in the biggest games. Like Joe, Brady's not a "gunslinger", who throws almost as many picks as he does TD passes.
         Going into last nights's game, Tom was on pace to throw 20 interceptions this season....by far the most in a season that he's ever thrown: http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/careerstats Had the Jets not dropped those three balls, the Jets might have won last nights' game. 

Winning in the NFL, against any teams let along a divisional rival and one of the most watched rivalries, is very difficult any given week. Brady made a couple of errant throws and yes, he got lucky on a couple, but the fact is, he didn't get burned on them.

RESPONSE: He did get burnt of them, in losses to the Giants and Bills. Six of his ten picks came in those two losses. Turning the ball over paves the way to losing in the NFL. Do you deny that Brady hasn't been as accurate, and hasn't  protected the ball as well as he's had in years past?

He led the team when he needed to, completed the passes at the most critical times (did you forget his 3rd down completions), and the offense took care of their side of the ball.

RESPONSE: I credited him for that. It's not like I gave Tom a "D" or a "C". A "B" is a good grade...especially against a good defense. 
         What am I supposed to do...forget the first 29 minutes of play? Prior to that safety, Tom was just 7 for 16, and clearly struggling. Had those picks been made, who knows where Tom's confidence level may have been in the 2nd half? Certainly, the Jets would have fed off the momentum gained from picking Tom off three times. At a minimum, the Jets' failure to make those picks resulted in a 6 point swing. So, at the half, the Pats would have trailed at least by a 9-7 count...as opposed to being up, 13-9.   

Your criticisms of Brady lately almost seem like a suffering of dillusions of grandeur.

RESPONSE: Huh????

Even the greatest athletes of all time have imperfect moments. I think too many fans have become too spoiled and "used" to how Brady has been over his career and anything less than 400 yards, a 75% completetion %, and 5TD's, deems a subpar performance. The guys is a winner. He made the plays when he had to and the offense controlled the ball when it needed to. Brady was fantastic with the exception of a couple throws from which he didn't get burned on. If Matt Cassell had a similar game, you'd have given him an A.

RESPONSE:  I try to be objective with my grading. What's the point of giving the Pats' "A" grades across the board, every time I analyze a win? Heck, I gave Tom a "B"  in the Pittsburgh loss. He kept the Pats in that game, didn't turn the ball over, and almost led a comeback in the end. If Matt Cassel had a similar game, he would have received the same good grade as did Tom...a "B".
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :

So you are grading Brady based on past performances? What do the Giants and Buffalo games have to do with last night? TPAT, that doesnt' make sense. Stop thinking you being attacked and be open to the possibility that you might not always be right.

Fact is that he didn't turn the ball over last night. That is what we are judging...at least that is what I'm basing it on...Last night against the Jets. He has been less accurate, but he still has over a 100 passer rating and is 2nd in the league in passing yards. If you are slinging it more, which they are compared to last year, it stands to reason that you are going to be subjected more to the possibility of bad things happening. You mention he is on pace to have 20 ints this year......well, if you are going to look at projections, he is actually projected for 5390 yards, 41 TD's, 18 INTs, 61% completion percentage.....Those are MVP numbers! He has, right now, the third best passer rating of his career, only third to his miracle years of 2007 and 2010. In fact, if you look at the QB's that have been awarded the MVP in the last 10 years, you will see his projections this year make him a candidate. The only thing preventing that is the incredible year Aaron Rodgers is having. Throw in the fact last night that Brady, along with BB, set the record for most wins as a tandem in history.

We can What If all day long. What if's have no bearing on what actually happened. Using what if's with what is suppose to be an objective grade doesn't really make sense. I got 9 right out of 10, but what if I had marked the wrong answer for 2 other questions? Should I get a 7 out of 10 instead because of what if?

TPAT, I love reading your report cards....I've always given you kudos for taking the time to write them......but don't write them anymore if you aren't willing to be open to the possibility that sometimes you get them wrong.

Good discussion though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

It was a good win but my main take away from that game is that the Jets, especially on offense and especially Sanchez, just are not very good. 

It is big win and gives the Pats a huge edge in the division race but it doesn't do much to change my opinion of the Pats b/c I just don't buy the Jets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]     Make no mistake about it...the Patriots saved their season with their 37-16 win over the Jets, in The Meadowlands. Had the Patriots lost tonight, the Jets would have held a one game lead in the AFC East over them, and an edge in any tie-breakers. But, with their win, the tables have turned, and the Jets are a game down, and down in any tie-breakers. Don't know whether this win was more a result of the Jets playing poorly than the Pats playing well. Nonetheless, the Pats now are in command of the AFC East.      Here are my grades: I. OFFENSE: After a sluggish first half, the Patriots' offense began to look like the Patriots' offense of old. The Jets' "D" was up-tempo, no huddled to death in the second half. It was great to see Patriots' receivers getting separation again; 1.) QB: Sometimes, it better to be lucky than good. In the first half, Tom Brady again suffered from accuracy troubles, and poor decision making. He was extremely fortunate that the Jets dropped three (3) of his errant passes. The first, which was thrown right into the hands of Jets CB Kyle Wilson, could have changed the course of the game. It occurred on a sideline pass thrown in the vicinity of Deion Branch, on the Pats' initial drive. Wilson might have been running a long way if he had caught that ball...and it would have negated a subsequent Patriots' FG.      The second came about when Tom tried to force the ball into a double covered Rob Gronkowski, deep in Jets territory. It could have, and should have been picked. The Jets' failure to take advantage of this Brady mistake cost them another FG.       The third came on a bomb thrown to a double-covered Deion Branch, in the second quarter.         Tom also was correctly penalized for intentional grounding in the endzone.  This resulted in a safety. It also led to the Jets getting great field position on the subsequent kickoff, from the Patriots' 20 yard line. The Jets would negotiate the "short field" for a TD. So, in essence, giving up that safety resulted in a 9 points for the opposition.      But, thereafter, Tom transformed back into "The Terrific One", that we know and love. Brady marched the Pats 80 yards in the final 1:20 of the first half, as the Pats scored the go-ahead TD. It put them up, 13-9 at the half. From there, they never looked back.      Brady finished with 26 completions in 39 attempts for 329 yards, and three (3) TDs. He took advantage of a muffed punt and two Rob Ninkovich picks, in a flawless second half performance...in which he completed 14 of 17 passes for 135 yards, and a pair of TDs: GRADE: B; 2.) RBs: In what has become a recurrent theme over their last three games, the Pats are getting little from their RBs. BJGE hasn't looked the same since the first Jets' game, in which he suffered a toe injury. Kevin Faulk is a relic, and Stevan Ridley is playing like an over-matched rookie. But, in fairness to them, they're not getting much help from their OL. Danny Woodhead was the best of the bunch, finishing with 7 carries for 38 yards...as the Pats' were held to a mere 60 yards rushing. Woodhead was the last line of defense for Tom Brady on that safety play, and got bowled over by the Jets' Jamaal Westerman: GRADE: D+; 3.) OL: Once again failed to produce much running room for the RBs. An ole' "block" by Sebastien Vollmer on Jamaal Westerman, led to the Jets' safety. But, other than that, and some occasional pressures over LT Matt Light, the Big Uglies did a credible job of keeping the wolves off Tom Brady: GRADE: B-; 4.) TEs: Rob Gronkowski was immense. Gronk finished with eight (8) receptions for 113 yards, and two (2) TDs. The Jets had no answers for him all evening. He has become Tom Brady's most lethal weapon.      Aaron Hernandez has never really been the same player since injuring his knee early in the season. But he still contributed, with four (4) receptions for 41 yards: GRADE: A; 5.) WRs: There was an Ocho sighting, at last! His 53 yard reception and run after catching a Brady heave led to a FG, and a 6-0 Patriots lead, early on. Maybe there's hope. Wes Welker was pretty much stranded on Revis Island, finishing with six (6) catches for just 46 yards. He also had a drop on a swing pass in the second quarter, which killed a drive. Deion Branch re-appeared this week, contributing five (5) catches for 58 yards, and a TD.  GRADE: B; II. DEFENSE: This might have been the much maligned "D"'s finest hour. Despite key injuries in the secondary and at LB, this cut and pasted unit turned in an outstanding performance.           1.) DL: DE Andre Carter played like Dwight Freeney in his prime, finishing with four and a half (4.5) sacks, and 8 QB hits. It was easily the most dominating performance by a Patriots' DE/OLB in the past 4 years. Look for him to start commanding double-teams. Mark Sanchez was clearly rattled by the consistent pressure he received throughout the evening. The Jets had some success running the ball, as Shonn Greene averaged 4.6 yards per carry, and Tomlinson 5.4 yards per run. But, because the Jets were playing from behind throughout most of this game, their "ground and pound" was never much of a factor: GRADE: A-; 2.) LB: Obviously, OLB Rob Ninkovich ate his Wheaties this morning. His two interceptions, including a 4th quarter pick-6, broke this game open for the Pats. Solid job in coverage, as TE Dustin Keller and Jets' RBs were not a factor in the passing game. The trio of Jerod Mayo, Tracy White, and Ninkovich combined for 15 tackles (5 each), 14 of which were solos...in a very solid effort: GRADE: A-; 3.) SECONDARY: Though Mark Sanchez passed for 306 yards, 84 of those yards came during garbage time. Sanchez barely was able to complete 50% of his passes in this game. The Pats' seemed to employ more man coverage this week, and, by and large, it was effective. Held tough redzone WR Plaxico Burress to just one TD, with some solid redzone coverage. Saftey James Ihedigbo led the team in tackles with seven (7), all solos: GRADE: B+;       III. SPECIAL TEAMS: After a horrible game last week, PK Stephen Gostkowski bounced back with his best game of the season. His first of three FGs, a 50 yarder on the Pats' initial scoring drive, was huge. It set a positive tone for the game...while a miss would have given the Jets outstanding field position. This from the NY Times on the 50 yarder: "...The Patriots’ first possession culminated in a 50-yard field goal by Stephen Gostkowski, whose kick wobbled and swayed as it neared the goal post. It was the Patriots’ good fortune that the ball floated over the crossbar, safe by about a foot." Punter Zoltan "The Magnificent" Mesko averaged almost 48 yards per punt, and got good hang time. Good job of coverage in containing the Jets' Joe McKnight...and in recovering a McKnight muff on a punt. Julian Edelman contributed a 16 yard punt return: GRADE: A; IV. COACHING: BB clearly got the better of Sexy Rexy this time. The Pats took an much more aggressive approach in pass coverage, and in rushing the passer. Gone was that loose zone, as BB employed more man coverage. Inroads appear to have been made in solving the "Brady blueprint", which had hamstrung the Pats' offensive output over the past three weeks. Tom Brady appeared to regain his confidence and swagger, as the game wore on. A combination of a few breaks, receivers getting open, and solid pass protection will tend to do that for a QB. The Patriots defense played with anger, and purpose. There were no 4th quarter break-downs this week: GRADE: A; V. PLAY OF THE GAME: The first of two Rob Ninkovick interceptions with 7:36 to go in the third quarter killed a Jets' drive, and gave the Pats the ball in great field position at their own 43. This was a momentum changer. At the time, the Pats were nursing just a 16-9 lead. Tom Brady subsequently took advantage of this break, and led the offense to a 57 yards to a TD, in 8 plays. This gave the Pats' a commanding 23-9 lead; VI. PLAYER OF THE GAME: LB Rob Ninkovich, with his two picks...the one discussed above, and his 4th quarter pick-6, with 7:45 left. It iced the game, putting the Pats up, 37-16.                          Here are the game stats: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311113020      Great win for the Patriots!! As always, your comments and opinions are welcome.

You give the OL a B- and the RBs a D+?! You do say: in all fairness they are not getting much help from the o line... Ridley did not miss a read or dance around or not try. Woodhead was simply outmatched on the block. He stepped up to make it but just doesn't have the heft to make that block on a player that much bigger. Faulk got what was given him. The thing slowing down the running game was a combination of D sets, some good D plays and players and some blown blocks. I ike Connolly but he blew a couple as did some others. I would give RBs C for doing what they were given and making some good blocks at times and C+ for O line broken down as A- for pass blocking and D for run blocking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD : You give the OL a B- and the RBs a D+?! You do say: in all fairness they are not getting much help from the o line... Ridley did not miss a read or dance around or not try. Woodhead was simply outmatched on the block. He stepped up to make it but just doesn't have the heft to make that block on a player that much bigger. Faulk got what was given him. The thing slowing down the running game was a combination of D sets, some good D plays and players and some blown blocks. I ike Connolly but he blew a couple as did some others. I would give RBs C for doing what they were given and making some good blocks at times and C+ for O line broken down as A- for pass blocking and D for run blocking.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

The OL and RBs have different tasks. The OL did do a terrible job of run blocking. But, for the most part, they protected Brady well.

The RBs look tentative, and slow. They did a poor job when asked to pass protect...and weren't a factor in the passing attack. The closest thing they have to an "explosive" RB is Danny Woodhead. Wasn't Shane Vereen supposed to be a bigger version of Darren Sproles/Kevin Faulk?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD : Blah Blah Blah. Not everybody is set to blow Brady like you.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Kind of crazy a Pats' fan would treat the greatest player in Pats' history like the greatest player in Pats' history hunh, tard?

But there are a few brain-dead nincompoops like you who think tossing a 118 is an average day.

One would think somebody is a troll when they portray a fan who applauds the reigning MVP QB for putting up a 118 as "set to blow Brady". So, you're a f'n jets troll, or ought to be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]     Brady gets high praise from the NY media: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/just_brady_being_brady_RtiwpkisJfL1TpmMolWZ6M

Of course he does. The people in the big picture don't have the anal view some Pats' fans have.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :      Hogwash. You have a blind spot for Brady, similar to what "The Dog(gggg)" has for Peyton Manning. Brady's accuracy and decision making has been a bit of an issue. He has already thrown 10 picks through 9 games this year, as opposed to throwing just 4 picks throughout 16 games, last year.       Had the Jets' DBs not dropped those three passes discussed in detail above, this might have been an entirely different game. But, don't take my word for it. Rodney Harrison acknowledged during halftime that Brady had been "lucky" that he hadn't suffered multiple picks.  

No TP. Hogwash to you.

Brady put up a 118 and that isn't a "B" in the view of anybody with any sense of fairness. You were grading this game so whatever he has done in others is moot for this analysis.

Get a f'n grip. His INT% is about one pass in 200 greater than his career average. He is on pace to throw the 5th most TDs in NFL history.

You're out in left field on this; bigtime.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :   It was "Amigo"  NOW it is SentientMeat.  Is NEGAME2 our friend GAME from NC?  I was going to say "Hi" but it did not sound like her.
    Posted by SentientMeat[/QUOTE]

yep it's me, and HI to you. TP knows I hate report cards. Gee I thought I was always mouthy and outspoken.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

. OFFENSE: After a sluggish first half, the Patriots' offense began to look like the Patriots' offense of old. The Jets' "D" was up-tempo, no huddled to death in the second half. It was great to see Patriots' receivers getting separation again;

1.) QB: Sometimes, it better to be lucky than good. In the first half, Tom Brady again suffered from accuracy troubles, and poor decision making. He was extremely fortunate that the Jets dropped three (3) of his errant passes. The first, which was thrown right into the hands of Jets CB Kyle Wilson, could have changed the course of the game. It occurred on a sideline pass thrown in the vicinity of Deion Branch, on the Pats' initial drive. Wilson might have been running a long way if he had caught that ball...and it would have negated a subsequent Patriots' FG.
         The second came about when Tom tried to force the ball into a double covered Rob Gronkowski, deep in Jets territory. It could have, and should have been picked. The Jets' failure to take advantage of this Brady mistake cost them another FG. 
         The third came on a bomb thrown to a double-covered Deion Branch, in the second quarter.   
         Tom also was correctly penalized for intentional grounding in the endzone.  This resulted in a safety. It also led to the Jets getting great field position on the subsequent kickoff, from the Patriots' 20 yard line. The Jets would negotiate the "short field" for a TD. So, in essence, giving up that safety resulted in a 9 points for the opposition.
         But, thereafter, Tom transformed back into "The Terrific One", that we know and love. Brady marched the Pats 80 yards in the final 1:20 of the first half, as the Pats scored the go-ahead TD. It put them up, 13-9 at the half. From there, they never looked back.
         Brady finished with 26 completions in 39 attempts for 329 yards, and three (3) TDs. He took advantage of a muffed punt and two Rob Ninkovich picks, in a flawless second half performance...in which he completed 14 of 17 passes for 135 yards, and a pair of TDs:
    GRADE: B;

I've got a couple of problems with this..."it was great to see the Patriot recievers getting seperation again thing".

I didn't really see that. I saw a QB putting the ball where very few could put it. The three passes that were almost intercepted were proof of LACK of seperation in my opinion.

The pass to Branch along the sideline was a good example of a guy that is having serious problems getting seperation. It looks like his legs don't have the drive to seperate anymore and unfortunately when legs get like that - sometimes they work - sometimes they don't. Very tight place to try and fit the ball and he had to get rid of it quick.

The one to Gronk going deep is a clear indication that we don't have anyone who can get deep. We have to send a 6'6" tight end deep? Yup, because there is no 6' wideout that runs a 4.3 that plays on this roster, or 4.4 for that matter. Price? Maybe, but I'm not sure the guy really exists.

The other one to Branch is another indicator of an older wideout, that has lost his speed - seperation ability. They try to attempt these things to keep the defense honest, but it's not really a threat.

I'm probably swaying a little too far in favor of Brady on these things, but I really think this offense is lacking seperation and a running game...making his throws even more difficult and impressive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD : No TP. Hogwash to you. Brady put up a 118 and that isn't a "B" in the view of anybody with any sense of fairness. You were grading this game so whatever he has done in others is moot for this analysis. Get a f'n grip. His INT% is about one pass in 200 greater than his career average. He is on pace to throw the 5th most TDs in NFL history. You're out in left field on this; bigtime.

What would his precious QB rating having been, had those three passes been picked...as they should have been? Why don't you read that article I posted. The NY media sings Brady's praises...but points out, as I have, that Brady struggled uo to and prior to giving up that safety.

I guess Rodney Harrison needs to "get a grip" too...because he too pointed out that Brady was extremely fortunate not to have those three bad passes picked.

The way some folks here are acting, it's as if I gave Brady an "F". A "B" is a good grade. Sorry...but it takes an exceptional performance throughout the entire game to earn an "A"...and Brady wasn't exceptional throughout the entire game. He made several poor decisions and poor throws in the first half. Poor play by the Jets, as much or more than good play by the Patriots, resulted in this win.

Check Brady's career stats. The most interceptions that he's had in a season previously is 14. Yet, going into this game, he was on pace to throw 20 this season. That's far too many.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :      What would his precious QB rating having been, had those three passes been picked...as they should have been? Why don't you read that article I posted. The NY media sings Brady's praises...but points out, as I have, that Brady struggled uo to and prior to giving up that safety.      I guess Rodney Harrison needs to "get a grip" too...because he too pointed out that Brady was extremely fortunate not to have those three bad passes picked.      The way some folks here are acting, it's as if I gave Brady an "F". A "B" is a good grade. Sorry...but it takes an exceptional performance throughout the entire game to earn an "A"...and Brady wasn't exceptional throughout the entire game. He made several poor decisions and poor throws in the first half. Poor play by the Jets, as much or more than good play by the Patriots, resulted in this win.      Check Brady's career stats. The most interceptions that he's had in a season previously is 14. Yet, going into this game, he was on pace to throw 20 this season. That's far too many.    

Nonsense. BS. And Hogwash.

If you want to make your grades based on woulda shoulda coulda or what somebody did in a particular part of the game rather than the bottom line then that just makes your grades a joke.

And regarding Brady's career INT stats; he had a higher INT% in two of his SB years than he does now; and his TD/INT ratio was worse in both of those years to boot. So much for your expert analysis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD : Nonsense. BS. And Hogwash. If you want to make your grades based on woulda shoulda coulda or what somebody did in a particular part of the game rather than the bottom line then that just makes your grades a joke. And regarding Brady's career INT stats; he had a higher INT% in two of his SB years than he does now; and his TD/INT ratio was worse in both of those years to boot. So much for your expert analysis.

Sorry...but you've way off base here, Babe...caught up in your blind admiration of a great QB. I'm not going to trade insults with you. Let's just agree to disagree, and move on. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :      Sorry...but you've way off base here, Babe...caught up in your blind admiration of a great QB. I'm not going to trade insults with you. Let's just agree to disagree, and move on. 

I didn't insult you.

I just blew your assertion about Brady's interceptions out of the water with facts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]How the hell can you give Brady a B!! When is the last time you saw hin MOVE IN THE POCKET like he did last night and make big plays.  Make a first down by a quarterback sneak. As usual your report card is as stupid as every other report card is. Nothing bugs me more than people sitting on their  butts giving grades to players who are out there playing the game. I think everyone who publishs "report cards" should go out and play 15 minutes in a real football game. I'm sure as they carried your a s s off the field I 'd love giving you a FFFFFFFFF!!
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is a fairly angry post for you.  I'm a bit surprised.  You make some great points here, also.