Patriots @ Ravens REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Re: Patriots @ Ravens REPORT CARD

an unnamed source has reported that Patriot second year players Chandler Jones & Tayvon Wilson sent Raven back-up QB Tyrod Taylor a gifted-wrapped fruitcake in appreciation for his generous game-ending performance ... 14 turnover points in 85 seconds has gotta be right up there with Mark Sanchez and Tony Romo -- somewhere Ryan Mallett is smiling

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Officiating merits an F-. Worst called I can recall, worse than any replacement ref games.  

The call on Wendell (centers do that routinely, I've never once seen that called); the PI call on Gregory (completely uncatchable). Calls reversed at least twice. Ticky tack calls destroying the flow of the game. Just brutal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Well, Tex, you got your chance to give the Pats some good grades considering how most felt they'd play in this game, or rather, how much stronger the Ravens would be.  Surprised everyone!  Definitely want a repeat performance from your grades next Sunday!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Wow! Lots of A's & B's. Merry Christmas Tex!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Well, Tex, you got your chance to give the Pats some good grades considering how most felt they'd play in this game, or rather, how much stronger the Ravens would be.  Surprised everyone!  Definitely want a repeat performance from your grades next Sunday!

Not everyone. http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/line-already-moved-1-point/100/6935943?ia=22658833

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good stuff TPat. Thanks for all the time you put into this. Merry Christmas. 

[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Phil!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I also give them A+ for toughness and their refusal to give into all of the injuries. I admit i was one who has doubted their ability to keep moving forward, Thought it was too many injuries with too many new unproven players. I think the Oline surprised me the most - And the Oline to me is the first line of Defense.

RESPONSE: I meant to reflect the team's toughness and ability to overcome adversity with my "A+" coaches grade. Stuff like that permeates down through the team from the head coach.  

I think McD called his best game by far. I think with this mix of skill plaers its better to be under center. My belief is it gives the D less time to lock and load not knowing what TB isd gling to do. And the cluster patters were huge - I dont remember seeing them aginst Miami???

RESPONSE: Part of it was strategy, and part necessity. With all the offensive weapons that Brady was missing, what else could the Pats have done?

Now

With Von Miller out - there really is no AFC team that should b favored.

RESPONSE: Have to disagree here. Denver's explosive offense makes them favorites. But, without Miller, they are no longer prohibitive favorites. 

What TB said about this team's tuffness is what got my attention. This team can stand the heat. I especially like how Spikes and High are lighting up yhe other teams runners. while our DBs can cover 1 on 1. How long ago was it that we were all hurting with db pass coverage? even tho Talib may ber a little hurt, Dennard was out. We just have to hope mcCourty is ok. what a fun team to root for

RESPONSE: The AFC is wide open, with Denver the main threat. Though I'm still not sold on Marvin Lewis and QB Andy Dalton, the Bengals may have the best overall talent of any AFC team. Seattle will bounce back. If the Pats can earn a bye, they'll have a puncher's chance to win it all, because they have Brady. Don't get too excited over this one win. The Pats are still thin on their OL and DL, have nothing at TE, and have no deep threat WR to stretch the field.  

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Overall a fair and accurate assessment of the Pats performance.  Might have upped Brady's grade just a bit.  Mankins played a hell of a game.  Thanks TP for your assessment and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

I am not sure Cannon is injured or not, but I would have liked to see him improving while he is getting the majority of the snaps, but he seems to be regressing a bit. Penalties and getting beat twice trumps the other 55 plays.

I would like to see Amendola have a big game against the Bills, back to were he was in the first Bills game. Again, not sure if it is health related or not, but I would like to see Brady look at both Edelman and Amendola equally so that the defense is on its heels.

I posted "bye or not to bye" earlier. If DMC, Solder, Dennerd, Boyce, Thompkins and some others do not play against the Bills, and the Pats win and secure a bye, that will be 3 and in some cases 4 weeks with out playing. 

Do we see a surprise in the Bills game and see mid drive Mallett come in, as kind of a "practice" if Brady gets injured, as Mallett takes over the balance of the drive, and Brady comes back in after that.

For you Rutgers guys loving the PAts connection..there is anothr WR playing for the Knights that is as big, yet better than Harrison. If Edelman cannot be resigned, and the team needs another WR, this guy is 6'6" and will be a 2nd rd draft choice

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Texas.... always look forward to your report. Thanks for doing it. Merry X-MAS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My Christmas wish is that all future Patriots' report cards be as fun and enjoyable to do as this one! It's a chore doing a write up following a loss.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not sure Cannon is injured or not, but I would have liked to see him improving while he is getting the majority of the snaps, but he seems to be regressing a bit. Penalties and getting beat twice trumps the other 55 plays.

RESPONSE: In the case of Cannon, I've always felt that he was better suited to play guard, than tackle. I would love to see the Patriots draft an OT in April, and slide Cannon inside at RG, to upgrade from Dan Connolly. Cannon's struggles could be attributed to still not being 100%, that he's not that good, or that he's shaking off some rust after being out for so long. But, only Donte Scarnecchia and BB know for sure...and they're not talking.

I would like to see Amendola have a big game against the Bills, back to were he was in the first Bills game. Again, not sure if it is health related or not, but I would like to see Brady look at both Edelman and Amendola equally so that the defense is on its heels.

RESPONSE: Despite the lack of weapons at WR, Brady targeted Amendola just three times last week. There appears to be a trust issue between the players.

I posted "bye or not to bye" earlier. If DMC, Solder, Dennerd, Boyce, Thompkins and some others do not play against the Bills, and the Pats win and secure a bye, that will be 3 and in some cases 4 weeks with out playing. 

RESPONSE: With all the injuries and nicks that the Patriot players have endured this season, I see the bye as very beneficial to the cause.

Do we see a surprise in the Bills game and see mid drive Mallett come in, as kind of a "practice" if Brady gets injured, as Mallett takes over the balance of the drive, and Brady comes back in after that.

RESPONSE: No way. Brady will be going the distance. The Pats need to win this game badly. There's no way that Indianapolis will lose to Jacksonville. Here's a scenario for you...if both Cincinnati and Indy win, and the Pats lose, New England will drop from the 2nd seed to the 4th seed...and will have to play Kansas City in Foxboro, on wildcard weekend. YUCK!

For you Rutgers guys loving the PAts connection..there is anothr WR playing for the Knights that is as big, yet better than Harrison. If Edelman cannot be resigned, and the team needs another WR, this guy is 6'6" and will be a 2nd rd draft choice

RESPONSE: My guess is that Edelman will be resigned. But, even if he isn't, I don't see the Pats using their second round pick on a WR. They need to continue to address their defense, TE, and their OL. The WR position will likely be addressed in the later rounds, or through free agency. 

[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas, my friend!