Patriots @ Saints REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Re: Patriots @ Saints REPORT CARD

The most distressing thing that was apparent Monday was the difference in team speed. The Saints were flying around the field on both sides of the ball. The Patriots looked a step or two behind at nearly every position. For all that Tex likes to point out regarding how our defense has gotten younger and more quicker, it looked to this observer that the Pat's D played a lot older than their ages.

And if you look at the crap called our secondary, how is it the Saints are able to come up with McKenzie and McAllister with both their corners out. Both those guys have been out of the game all year and they come in and play like studs and we have crap like the "Smurf" Wilhite - hope his burns heal quickly. And the answer to these questions and more - the Saints have a successful DC in Gregg Williams. We have crap called canned Pees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots @ Saints REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]The most distressing thing that was apparent Monday was the difference in team speed. The Saints were flying around the field on both sides of the ball. The Patriots looked a step or two behind at nearly every position. For all that Tex likes to point out regarding how our defense has gotten younger and more quicker, it looked to this observer that the Pat's D played a lot older than their ages.

RESPONSE: Keep in mind that the Saints are the best team in the NFL. They're custom built to play in a dome...just like the Rams were in SB 36. One area in which the Pats may need an upgrade is DC.    

And if you look at the crap called our secondary, how is it the Saints are able to come up with McKenzie and McAllister with both their corners out. Both those guys have been out of the game all year and they come in and play like studs and we have crap like the "Smurf" Wilhite - hope his burns heal quickly.

RESPONSE: A good pass rush is a secondary's best friend. The Pats cannot and do not pressure opposing passers. 

And the answer to these questions and more - the Saints have a successful DC in Gregg Williams. We have crap called canned Pees.

RESPONSE: Thats' something that bears' watching.

Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

A couple of blown assignments can make the whole defense look bad.  It's hard to pinpoint defensive stars, nobody has the ball.  You can look at a lineman's sacks but how do measure is a QB chooses not to throw to someone because they're covered.  On the TV broadcast you can't tell if you have 10 players doing well and one player with a blown assignment, you just see a TD. 

When a defense is hitting thier assignments everybody looks good, when they miss everyone looks bad.  I think once the defense gets some experience we will see stars emerge that are already playing.  They were the second best defense in the NFL before the Saints game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Here's why they need to get serious again about first round picks: McGinest, Seymour and Law.

I agree with you its great when things work out but it seems other teams are making better use of their first round picks then we are. They need some serious corset stiffening with a great rusher and a great CB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Saints REPORT CARD : Here's why they need to get serious again about first round picks: McGinest, Seymour and Law. I agree with you its great when things work out but it seems other teams are making better use of their first round picks then we are. They need some serious corset stiffening with a great rusher and a great CB.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]

Fantasy: Love the Hillbilly Jim photo...LOL!!!

Its' hard to get pass rushers in the draft. Everybody now realizes the importance of these guys. Its' the only way to combat the Polian Passing rules.

The Pats have usually done a great job with their #1 selections. Jerod Mayo, Brandon Meriweather, Logan Mankins, Vince Wilfolk, Ty Warren, and Daniel Graham were all good players. Though RB Laurence Maroney didn't turn out to be the breakaway threat that we all hoped he'd become, he hasn't been KiJana Carter or Vernon Gholston, that the whiners and complainers set him out to be. Ditto Ben Watson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

Heart - F
    Will - F
    Quit - A

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Can somebody answer this question for me? The other day I was watching the NFL channel and the weekly replay was the Patriots at Saints nightmare. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I always thought that those replays were meant for the most competitive game of the week. I know the Pats are a hated organization (3 Titles will do that) but why was that particular game on the weekly replay?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

[QUOTE]Can somebody answer this question for me? The other day I was watching the NFL channel and the weekly replay was the Patriots at Saints nightmare. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I always thought that those replays were meant for the most competitive game of the week. I know the Pats are a hated organization (3 Titles will do that) but why was that particular game on the weekly replay?
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Because eVERYONE likes to watch the patsies lose....

And its not 3 titles its ***

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Can somebody answer this question for me? The other day I was watching the NFL channel and the weekly replay was the Patriots at Saints nightmare. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I always thought that those replays were meant for the most competitive game of the week. I know the Pats are a hated organization (3 Titles will do that) but why was that particular game on the weekly replay?
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

The same thoughts crossed my mind. But, I don't think the game was replayed because the Pats' are hated. It was the marquee match-up of the week, if not the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]Usually, I look forward to your report card - not today :-(. However, it was, in some respects, not as heart wrenching as the Jets (thanks to Mangini, Rex and Leon, I HATE), or the Colts (had the game wrapped up and then handed it over to them) or the Broncos. Saints were clearly a better team yesterday and we were never really competed after the 1st quarter. From an overall performance, this was the worst I have seen this year. It seemed to me that we clearly regressed on both sides of the ball. The ONLY positive from yesterday was the possible emergence of Aiken as a receiver.
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

You're right, that Pats should have beat the Colts and the Broncos, and losing to the J-E-T-S anytime just s----.  But this was a "statement game" and the statement got made on the Pats.   Right now I have zero confidence in this team's ability to win a playoff game against anyone on the road (if they get there)

Sections
Shortcuts