Patriots-Bengals Matchup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Patriots-Bengals Matchup

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/10/scouting_the_cincinnati_bengal.html

Not as worried about the Bengals vs. Atlanta.  If everyone stays on top of their game and don't turn the ball over - they should beat the Bengals.

Looking ahead, the Saints game may be their first loss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

Re: Patriots-Bengals Matchup

In response to anonymis' comment:

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/10/scouting_the_cincinnati_bengal.html

Not as worried about the Bengals vs. Atlanta.  If everyone stays on top of their game and don't turn the ball over - they should beat the Bengals.

The Saints are a different team on the road,then at home.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Keys to the game

Offense:

1: Protect Brady( Bengals have a great OL)

2: Run the football

3: Avoid turnovers ( this is the most important in this game)

4: Score TDs in the red zone

5: No three and outs

6: Control the game clock

7: Play with a Balanced offense

OBS: OL will be crucial in this game

Defense:

1: Shut Down Green( Talib coud do that)

2: Stop their TE( our defense have to improve covering TEs) 

3: Stop the run( they have a good duo in Benjarvus and Bernard)

4: Pressure Dalton ( He is too inconsistent, if pressured will make some mistakes)

5: Create turnovers

6: Avoid penalties.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BILLB50's comment:

The Saints are a different team on the road,then at home.

Maybe. They still have Brees, who is a much better QB than Dalton

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Depends on wether or not BB can replace Vince, I still say he needs to make a signing. Otherwise, Benny runs up the gut.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Depends on wether or not BB can replace Vince, I still say he needs to make a signing. Otherwise, Benny runs up the gut.

Where he will be met by Spikes. I like that matchup. This could be the years breakout game for Spikes. We have yet to see any bone crushing hits or FF's by Spikes. He's due.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Won't be much of  a game. Patriots will dominate the Bungles.

As for the Saints, no way they come into NE and win. BB will have them prepared. Shutdown Graham and Sproles

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Keys to the game

Offense:

1: Protect Brady( Bengals have a great OL)

2: Run the football

3: Avoid turnovers ( this is the most important in this game)

4: Score TDs in the red zone

5: No three and outs

6: Control the game clock

7: Play with a Balanced offense

OBS: OL will be crucial in this game

Defense:

1: Shut Down Green( Talib coud do that)

2: Stop their TE( our defense have to improve covering TEs) 

3: Stop the run( they have a good duo in Benjarvus and Bernard)

4: Pressure Dalton ( He is too inconsistent, if pressured will make some mistakes)

5: Create turnovers

6: Avoid penalties.

dalton is not as good as Ryan. almost every pass was perfect to Gonsalez. And his tE may not have as good hands.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Won't be much of  a game. Patriots will dominate the Bungles.

As for the Saints, no way they come into NE and win. BB will have them prepared. Shutdown Graham and Sproles

Graham is a pretty good TE. We'll see if he has a good game like Gonzo this past week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Bengals have greshiem green and the te from ND.  They run the bll a lot. I'm not old on their O line. Smith I think is a bust. The bengals may have one of the bet front 7 in the game. The bengals like to get penalties.  Playing in their house I'd take this game very serious. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Where he will be met by Spikes. I like that matchup. This could be the years breakout game for Spikes. We have yet to see any bone crushing hits or FF's by Spikes. He's due.

We'll see if Spikes is talented or a benefactor of playing behind a great NT like Vince.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

The Bengas looked better earlier in the year. A.Dalton is still up and down and may be another  year away or he may just never develop into one of the greats. He has the tools but wasnt a sure fire 1st rd pick and looks to still struggle through his progressions and reading defenses. I like Big Red but luckilly we are getting him at a tough spot.

If you can take away his 1st read which is usually A.J. Green than you can disrupt their offense. Joe Haden did a good job of locking him up. I see no reason why Talib cant do the same based on what weve seen so far. The real worries I would have is concerning Gresham who is a bigger TE who can be a matchup problem and judging how we covered Gonzo, I would say Gresham is gonna need to be payed attention too. Benny? Meh,,but I would keep Gio off the edges. He is super quick. All in all, their offense doesnt scare me.

Its their Defense that worries me. They are very stout from front to back. They have some very pesky, long DE's that disrupt the passing game with big Geno Atkins in the middle causing havoc. Linebackers that can run and hit and a very stout secondary led by Leon Hall. They are gonna make it tough on our young WR's. It would be a good game to get Gronk back. If we can find a way to move the ball on offense, I like our chances but the biggest issues I see is our offense vs their defense. Dalton is not gonna beat this defense and neither is Benny. Talib on A.J. - 2 on Gresham,,,BUT does Dennard play?? I think Cole coming back sais Dennard is out and look to see who they put outside Ryan or Arrington. I would use Ryan since their is no film on him. Qbs see Arrington outside and just let it fly. HE has been literally turned around twice by WRs this year.

Pats Win in a low scoring affair 20-17

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Marvin should exploit Ryan Wendell by lining up Geno Atkins with him. That matchup alone can be the difference. Atkins is the best interior pass rusher in the NFL.

Dalton sucks, he can't handle pressure. OTOH, the Bengals have a strong pass blocking O-line and the Pats don't have a good pass rush.

If the Bengals don't put the ball on the ground, I can see them winning this Sunday.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What I am going to be very interested watching in this games is Spikes.  Only getting 6 out of 76 plays in the Falcons game, I believe this matchup is best suited for his strengths.  Should get much more playing time, and I will be very interested to see him play without Vince in the lineup. 

Even though before the season started I picked the Pats over the Bengals in this game, I was counting on the Pats being healthy and Gronk being back.  However, now even without Wilfork, Gronk and possibly even Amendola do I still see the Pats being able to win this game?  Absolutely!  Mainly because the Bengals are not as good as I thought they would be at this point.  Also, the D is playing well, Talib being able to take anyone out of the game, and the offense showing they are able to get it done, not pretty but still able to get it done.  If Amendola is back I feel very comfortable about a Pats win.  Without Amendola it's close to a pick'em game, possibly Pats by 3.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Bungles vs Bill Belichick and Tom Brady? Zzzzzzzz ... Wake me up when the Ravens come to town.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the Pats have not faced 2 TE's this year the caliber of the Bengals TE's. Gregory and a LB covering either of these TE's favors Cincy.

Talib has been great, but I still bracket McCourty over the top on Green all day.

I see the Pats having favorable matchups all over the field on offense. Cincy DB's really beat up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

the Pats have not faced 2 TE's this year the caliber of the Bengals TE's. Gregory and a LB covering either of these TE's favors Cincy.

Talib has been great, but I still bracket McCourty over the top on Green all day.

I see the Pats having favorable matchups all over the field on offense. Cincy DB's really beat up.

Please. Eifert is a rookie. Gresham is good, but nothing they can't handle.  BB will take away the midfield, lock down Green with Talib and push everything inside where differing players (LBs, Ss, Nickels) will assist on the seam based routes via the TEs.

That will be the gameplan.

Every time they do a TE/stp the run gameplan, they execute very well. It was the perimeter WR element that gave this D fits before. Not anymore.

They scored 2 FGs last week vs Cleveland?

Tony G had a career game at age 37 vs us. Stop trolling and respect your opponents or you look uninformed. Im hoping we can contain their TE's. Its not Ideal to have to double either one. Talib is gonna need to lock up on Green one on one for that to happen. I like him matching up, but not alone all day. Tight Ends will Always Kill us cuz BB loves cover 2 which leaves the middle open. I dont expect anything different. We will just rely on clamping down in the redzone, but they will attack the middle in between the 20's and have success. Its like the sun rising....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Eifert has had 17 targets with 12 catches (what we expected from Sudfeld?)Eifert is 6'6"

Gresham has had 23 targets with 18 catches. Gresham is 6"5"

I dont see Gregory or one of the LB's having an advantage in either matchup with these TE's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Eifert has had 17 targets with 12 catches (what we expected from Sudfeld?)Eifert is 6'6"

Gresham has had 23 targets with 18 catches. Gresham is 6"5"

I dont see Gregory or one of the LB's having an advantage in either matchup with these TE's.

This but remember the bengals play calling isn't the greatest. Jay grueden is going to grave a rough day.  Go right after Andre smith. He's a tub of goo who was never worth that high or a draft pirights he bengals D front 7 is a lot better then advertised. Mankins better put that holding to bed in this one. Let the bengals shoot their own foot.  I'm surprised that goodell is letting pacman play after being in court. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

The Bengas looked better earlier in the year. A.Dalton is still up and down and may be another  year away or he may just never develop into one of the greats. He has the tools but wasnt a sure fire 1st rd pick and looks to still struggle through his progressions and reading defenses. I like Big Red but luckilly we are getting him at a tough spot.

If you can take away his 1st read which is usually A.J. Green than you can disrupt their offense. Joe Haden did a good job of locking him up. I see no reason why Talib cant do the same based on what weve seen so far. The real worries I would have is concerning Gresham who is a bigger TE who can be a matchup problem and judging how we covered Gonzo, I would say Gresham is gonna need to be payed attention too. Benny? Meh,,but I would keep Gio off the edges. He is super quick. All in all, their offense doesnt scare me.

Its their Defense that worries me. They are very stout from front to back. They have some very pesky, long DE's that disrupt the passing game with big Geno Atkins in the middle causing havoc. Linebackers that can run and hit and a very stout secondary led by Leon Hall. They are gonna make it tough on our young WR's. It would be a good game to get Gronk back. If we can find a way to move the ball on offense, I like our chances but the biggest issues I see is our offense vs their defense. Dalton is not gonna beat this defense and neither is Benny. Talib on A.J. - 2 on Gresham,,,BUT does Dennard play?? I think Cole coming back sais Dennard is out and look to see who they put outside Ryan or Arrington. I would use Ryan since their is no film on him. Qbs see Arrington outside and just let it fly. HE has been literally turned around twice by WRs this year.

Pats Win in a low scoring affair 20-17

good post. thanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

What I am going to be very interested watching in this games is Spikes.  Only getting 6 out of 76 plays in the Falcons game, I believe this matchup is best suited for his strengths.  Should get much more playing time, and I will be very interested to see him play without Vince in the lineup. 

Even though before the season started I picked the Pats over the Bengals in this game, I was counting on the Pats being healthy and Gronk being back.  However, now even without Wilfork, Gronk and possibly even Amendola do I still see the Pats being able to win this game?  Absolutely!  Mainly because the Bengals are not as good as I thought they would be at this point.  Also, the D is playing well, Talib being able to take anyone out of the game, and the offense showing they are able to get it done, not pretty but still able to get it done.  If Amendola is back I feel very comfortable about a Pats win.  Without Amendola it's close to a pick'em game, possibly Pats by 3.

With Wilfork out, Spikes certainly plays a bigger role against the run game.  Hopefully, he's up to the task since it's his last year and he has to show other teams what he's made of.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Marve Lewis also let us have chandler jones.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Please. Eifert is a rookie. Gresham is good, but nothing they can't handle.  BB will take away the midfield, lock down Green with Talib and push everything inside where differing players (LBs, Ss, Nickels) will assist on the seam based routes via the TEs.

That will be the gameplan.

Every time they do a TE/stp the run gameplan, they execute very well. It was the perimeter WR element that gave this D fits before. Not anymore.

They scored 2 FGs last week vs Cleveland?

Tony G had a career game at age 37 vs us. Stop trolling and respect your opponents or you look uninformed. Im hoping we can contain their TE's. Its not Ideal to have to double either one. Talib is gonna need to lock up on Green one on one for that to happen. I like him matching up, but not alone all day. Tight Ends will Always Kill us cuz BB loves cover 2 which leaves the middle open. I dont expect anything different. We will just rely on clamping down in the redzone, but they will attack the middle in between the 20's and have success. Its like the sun rising....

That was by design.  Career game? Barrring a Sudfled or Brady fumble, it's 13 points allowed by the D.

I'll take that "career game" against us all the way to the SB! Are you this dumb?

They baited Atlanta into going to Gonzalez over and over because their goal was to take away the perimeters and deep balls to White and Jones.

Gresham is only not Tony Gonzalez.  It will be an easier gameplan to execute along with Ryan being superior a QB to Dalton.

Yes By  design, but it happened right? AJ Green outside and Gregory in the box,means same gameplan. Safety help for Talib and the TE goes off.  When was the last time you watched a game sober?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think the PATS let Tony G have a career game....kept Jones in check.

Notice how the PATS doubled Tony G at the end and Jones started making catches...but it was to late...

Cincy is a game we can win.

Sections
Shortcuts