Patriots Better After CameraGate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Patriots Better After CameraGate

Just look at the facts.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-patriots-opponents-wont-let-spygate-die-but-did-it-really-matter/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Patriots Better After CameraGate

Trolls and losers hate facts. They'll just say "the Pats haven't won a SB in a decade."

The jealousy remains a delight.

If this mythological concept of video scouting, only done by NE, was such an advantage, their record and level of play would have fallen off in some distinct fashion at some point.

All the facts support not only that there was no advantage, but the story was wildly overblown due to  the media taking advantage of the opportunity Goodell created.

Maybe someday when BB retires, he'll write an autobiography and dedicate a chapter to the witch hunt. I'd love to know the details and the things that BB/Kraft have not been allowed to talk about which would expose Goodell's inept handling of the issue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

What stood out to me was that the "best team" wins the super bowl 24% of the time. I drilled down and found the exercise supporting that claim to be very interesting. It really debunks the popular argument that winning the super bowl is the only true measure of success.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

What stood out to me was that the "best team" wins the super bowl 24% of the time. I drilled down and found the exercise supporting that claim to be very interesting. It really debunks the popular argument that winning the super bowl is the only true measure of success.

Yes, the statistical analysis is very interesting. It found the best 3 teams collectively win over 50% of the SB's and that even the 32nd team in the league will win 1 x every 10,000 years due to weak divisions with relatively close team records and a bizarre series of flukes! Fascinating!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=57

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The best team doesn't always win. 2001 and 2007 are good examples.

The worst team will win once in 10,000 years? That is bizarre.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, this isn't baseball, hockey or basketball where you play a 7 game series, obviously. That is what makes the SB in itself so unique. You get the 1 crack at it.  I wouldn't want it any other way, but it's beyond disingenuous or maybe jealous fans are seriously that dumb to say "they have not won a SB in a decade" as if NE fell off the map.

They've played in 2, lost both due to two different humans simply not able to catch easy balls in the air, and they've been in a myriad of other title games, losing 2 on the road.

Far from anything remotely pointing to NE having some mystery video advantage over other teams when different humans held onto the ball or when the team got lucky with their health.

Trolls and jealous tools just are incensed that the Pats HAVE NOT fallen off the map which is why they resort to that statement above.

Their jealousy of our team is not like anything the world has ever seen towards a sports franchise. 

Goodell has changed rules to offset anything NE does, too. That's a little fact that is hard to ignore, especially on the heels of Elway whispering in Goodell's ear this offseason, reinforcing the already embarrassing favorable offensive-based passing rules for Gomer.

BB signed Revis and Browner and all of a sudden, here comes another rule adjustment.

If the PAts can win another one with BB and Brady here, the best part of it all will be the media needing to finally come clean. I don't expect turds behind a keyboard in their basement to do it, but the media will be forced to do it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Spygate was irrelevant then, and is irrelevant now.

It's only relevant to morons.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I've never seen any evidence that cameragate gave the Pats any advantage. 

The return trips to the Super Bowl and sustained success afterwards are vindication enough. 

The stats are also vindicating, though you may have wanted to mention the author himself admits that the post season numbers are a bit more complicated - and not enough of a sample size either. 

I've never considered a Super Bowl losing season a failure of a season. Yes, winning the Super Bowl is WAYYY better but in a one-and-done tournament, second place is a big deal. The number of guys in the Hall of Fame from the Buffalo Bills Super Bowl teams reinforce that also. 

Doesn't mean it doesn't suck to lose the final game, of course it does. 

For that matter a 16-0 regular season is a huge accomplishment also. 

However: the fact remains that in terms of broader perception, one more Super Bowl ring for Belichick (and Brady for that matter) would elevate both of their legacies and also put even more damper on the spygate BS - which, to be fair, Belichick helped to bring on himself. 

That's why I'm rooting so hard for those guys now to get one more. 

Sections
Shortcuts