Patriots Blew This Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: Patriots Blew This Draft

[QUOTE]From John Clayton: New England Patriots -- Bill Belichick was wrongfully criticized for supposedly not getting great value for quarterback Matt Cassel . The truth is, Belichick parlayed the franchise tag on Cassel into second-round safety Patrick Chung and 11 veterans. After ridding himself of Cassel's $14.6 million salary, Belichick used that room to add halfback Fred Taylor , tight end Chris Baker , wide receivers Greg Lewis and Joey Galloway , center Al Johnson , offensive lineman Damane Duckett , cornerbacks Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden , linebackers Tully Banta-Cain and Vinny Ciurciu , and long-snapper Nathan Hodel . He threw in tight end Alex Smith and safety Brandon McGowan in the past week.
    Posted by joe81b[/QUOTE]

None of the free agents you mentioned are better than mediocre players. And is they are all so good and going to be added to our already-deep roster, why are we packing on more rookies? We can only hold 53, and teams will pluck our practice squad when final cuts are announced. This is illogical. Brady and the core players will keep the empire from falling, but the rest of the league is catching up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Sure did.  Belichick likes old guys who roll up in wheelchairs to training camp.  What is he going to do with a bunch of rookies?   Don't let the media fool you about your draft and how Belichick is a "genius".  To really gauge if this idiot did something special look at all the guys he could have drafted and where they are 4 years from now.  Then compare them to Chang, Chung, Chum or whoever and it will be apple and oranges.   The true mastermind left New England to join the Chiefs.  How else do you explain a 2nd rounder for Cassell and Vrabel.  
    Posted by 19andNo[/QUOTE]

As a Pats' fan, I do not like the way this is presented, but it is the point I was making. Vrabel was valuable to us in many ways. Cassel speaks for himself. BOTH of them for Chung??? This is how empires have their foundation chip away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Ok as long as you know what i am saying, you could be right and the Pats could be in trouble with Brady but i dont think so but you could be right and if you are i will be the first one to say so but if you are wrong I want a complete disscription of what a foot in your mouth tastes like lol 19andnone if you knew anything you would know that no one has stoped more league MVPs in the playoffs in the last decade so thats why i have the quote. Kurt Warner Peyton Manning Steve McNair Peyton Manning LaDanian Tolmalson But you can keep on trying kiddo. And hey d i ck head if all we do is cheat and video tape how do explain an 18-1 season with out video and then last year with out video tapes and with out Brady we still went 11-5 but yea you must be right we need tapes to win right? dumb a ss...
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I fear we are like Nero. Fiddling while the underlying foundation is burning. Being honest enough to not like this off season is not a crime. Too many yes men and ball lickers for BB in here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]I fear we are like Nero. Fiddling while the underlying foundation is burning. Being honest enough to not like this off season is not a crime. Too many yes men and ball lickers for BB in here.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]

"Bob," (Leon, Togah, whatever troll you are) I fear you dost protest too much.  You aren't fooling anyone.  You are indeed a ball licker, just not for BB (Mangina, perhaps?) Give it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]I fear we are like Nero. Fiddling while the underlying foundation is burning. Being honest enough to not like this off season is not a crime. Too many yes men and ball lickers for BB in here.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]

It is more like there are too many people that know more about footaball than you....

BostonBobBlowhard is the equilivent of LAW2005 in the baseball forum.....that is not a good thing...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Speedyrpm. Show Speedyrpm's posts

I too was a little disappointed in that the Pats didn't land one of the better rated defensive players in the draft but I have hope that there is a long way to go before the season starts and they are not yet finished with putting together the team for this upcoming season.   I still thing they will come up with another free agent signing or some razzle dazzle trade that will fill in any hole (s) the team now or will have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]I too was a little disappointed in that the Pats didn't land one of the better rated defensive players in the draft but I have hope that there is a long way to go before the season starts and they are not yet finished with putting together the team for this upcoming season.   I still thing they will come up with another free agent signing or some razzle dazzle trade that will fill in any hole (s) the team now or will have.
    Posted by Speedyrpm[/QUOTE]

one of the better rated defensive players? you don't believe the highest rated cover corner or highest rated strong safety or 2nd highest rated nose tackle constitute high rated defense? what did you want? Brian Orakpo, Aaron Curry, and BJ Raji?