Patriots, Brandon Lloyd close to agreement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Patriots, Brandon Lloyd close to agreement

In Response to Re: Patriots, Brandon Lloyd close to agreement:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots, Brandon Lloyd close to agreement : I hope so, too. As mentioned yesterday, it could be a "go test the market, Benny" and then we'll talk" type move by BB. I hope they keep him because he's the best on the market and he's going to be cheap even with a raise he deserves! On his side, if the money's close, why leave now? I think it's way too much of a risk to let a known walk like this. He's also the kind of guy who isn't going to act up as the second option in a gameplan either.  He and Ridley would be ideal lead backs in this offense.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

I agree Russ, I hope we sign benny but give Ridley every opportunity to be the bell cow, if he falters what better back up then a proven vet who always falls forward and never turns the ball over.

I would like Loyd but I hope the deal is reasonable. How would it look to WW and the locker room of we pay big bucks to an outsider?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Chung won't be asked to play 100% of the SS snaps or moonlight as a free safety anymore with Landry here... the two of them can just split the time there and concentrate on intimidating hits in the box and staying healthy

Moore and Gregory are a solid duo at free safety with maybe someone drafted there or McCourty moves over if need be, not too bad

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

BB is playing it smart once again. I hope Benny stays and that Ridley is given more touches becoming a bigger part of the offense. Lloyd had a great season a couple years back but has been inconsistent most likely due to changing qb's,  teams, ect.... He should do well here and at a good price. Landry has been injured a lot but worth a look. 

Imo BB has made the right moves, they need to save some cap space for draft picks, signing guys during camp, and possibly extending someone on the roster like gronk or hernandez....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Solid additions.  Now if BB would stop trading the draft picks away for future picks and use them now to fill the remaining needs of the team. I do believe signing Lloyd will cost us our 1st,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

[QUOTE]Solid additions.  Now if BB would stop trading the draft picks away for future picks and use them now to fill the remaining needs of the team. I do believe signing Lloyd will cost us our 1st,
    Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE]

I think it's only Wallace that would cost us a 1st.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/patriots-want-brandon-lloyd-to-lower-his-asking-price/

Patriots want Brandon Lloyd to lower his asking price

AP

Despite a report that the Patriots and free agent receiver Brandon Lloyd are close to a deal, and despite Lloyd hinting that he’d take less money to play for the Patriots, the deal is not done. And money is the reason.

After the Boston Globe published a report citing an unnamed source saying the deal is close, the Boston Herald published a report citing an unnamed source saying that as of noon today, the deal was not close.

The Herald says the Patriots are still the favorites to land Lloyd in the end, but they want Lloyd to bring his price down. It’s not clear what Lloyd is asking for now, but apparently it’s more than the Patriots want to spend.

The question is whether it’s also more than the 49ers want to spend. Lloyd has also visited San Francisco, and if the 49ers aren’t balking at what he’s asking for, that could make the 49ers the favorites for his services, and we could see Peyton Manning throwing passes to Randy Moss and Brandon Lloyd at Candlestick Park next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

In response to "Re: Patriots, Brandon Lloyd close to agreement": [QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/patriots-want-brandon-lloyd-to-lower-his-asking-price/ Patriots want Brandon Lloyd to lower his asking price Posted by Michael David Smith on March 17, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT   AP Despite a report that the Patriots and free agent receiver Brandon Lloyd are close to a deal , and despite Lloyd  hinting that he’d take less money to play for the Patriots , the deal is not done. And money is the reason. After the Boston Globe published a report citing an unnamed source saying the deal is close , the Boston Herald published a report citing an unnamed source saying that as of noon today, the deal was not close . The Herald says the Patriots are still the favorites to land Lloyd in the end, but they want Lloyd to bring his price down . It’s not clear what Lloyd is asking for now, but apparently it’s more than the Patriots want to spend. The question is whether it’s also more than the 49ers want to spend. Lloyd has also visited San Francisco, and if the 49ers aren’t balking at what he’s asking for, that could make the 49ers the favorites for his services, and we could see Peyton Manning throwing passes to Randy Moss and Brandon Lloyd at Candlestick Park next year. Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE] Condon is probably high-balling the Pats right now. He will probably sign by Monday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Re: Patriots, Brandon Lloyd close to agreement?

Anyway, once the Manning chase is over, Condon will have his full attention on Lloyd and the Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/patriots-want-brandon-lloyd-to-lower-his-asking-price/ Patriots want Brandon Lloyd to lower his asking price Posted by Michael David Smith on March 17, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT   AP Despite a report that the Patriots and free agent receiver Brandon Lloyd are close to a deal , and despite Lloyd  hinting that he’d take less money to play for the Patriots , the deal is not done. And money is the reason. After the Boston Globe published a report citing an unnamed source saying the deal is close , the Boston Herald published a report citing an unnamed source saying that as of noon today, the deal was not close . The Herald says the Patriots are still the favorites to land Lloyd in the end, but they want Lloyd to bring his price down . It’s not clear what Lloyd is asking for now, but apparently it’s more than the Patriots want to spend. The question is whether it’s also more than the 49ers want to spend. Lloyd has also visited San Francisco, and if the 49ers aren’t balking at what he’s asking for, that could make the 49ers the favorites for his services, and we could see Peyton Manning throwing passes to Randy Moss and Brandon Lloyd at Candlestick Park next year.
    Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE]

Just as I suspected...agent Tom Condon is the main obstacle in the Pats signing Brandon Lloyd. Lloyd is asking for too much money. This is a guy who has had just one good season under Josh McDaniels. Unless Lloyd lowers his demands or fires Condon, the Pats should send him packing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

In response to "Re: Patriots, Brandon Lloyd close to agreement": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots, Brandon Lloyd close to agreement :      Just as I suspected...agent Tom Condon is the main obstacle in the Pats signing Brandon Lloyd. Lloyd is asking for too much money. This is a guy who has had just one good season under Josh McDaniels. Unless Lloyd lowers his demands or fires Condon, the Pats should send him packing.  Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE] Rapoport says that they aren't far apart on a deal and that Condon wil get this done once Peyton signs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Also being reported on ProFootballTalk... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/report-patriots-brandon-lloyd-close-to-a-deal/
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

pft is citiing the saem source i linked above.
    so no new news yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I think lloyd deal gets done this weekend, and landry will leave without a contract. Mcdaniels was down at lsu this past week. The article says he was scouting a safety, but my bet is Reuben randle. The pats adding Lloyd and randle via the draft would be a thing of beauty. Question is, do they keep Ocho and branch?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]
    no need to keep ocho. branch very little. besides i want them to also draft a slot demon (double up in the draft at wr)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

If he doesn't want to meet the Patriots price, let him hit the road.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots, Brandon Lloyd close to agreement?:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Patriots, Brandon Lloyd close to agreement": Rapoport says that they aren't far apart on a deal and that Condon wil get this done once Peyton signs.
    Posted by bgomez[/QUOTE]

We'll see. Condon is a royal pain in the butt. He and BB are like oil and water.