Patriots-Broncos Matchup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Patriots-Broncos Matchup

Well, if people thought the Panthers game was going to be a tough fought game, the Broncos game will surely be as competitive - if not more so.

Thoughts about the matchup - strengths and weakness of the Broncos vs. Pats?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Patriots-Broncos Matchup

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

]

Get him to float it when he doesn't want to.  

Make him throw it outside the numbers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Defense:

The Pats need to play a base nickel defense, taking away the deep throws and hope that PM becomes impatient with the dink and dunk. 

Offense:

I thought JM had his best gameplan of the season last week.   Unfortunately, Ridley fumbled and the offense had only SIX possessions before the last desperate drive.   Gronk will be more of a feature this week since the Broncos don't have someone of LK's caliber to take him away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Defense:

The Pats need to play a base nickel defense, taking away the deep throws and hope that PM becomes impatient with the dink and dunk. 

Offense:

I thought JM had his best gameplan of the season last week.   Unfortunately, Ridley fumbled and the offense had only SIX possessions before the last desperate drive.   Gronk will be more of a feature this week since the Broncos don't have someone of LK's caliber to take him away.

And how many drives did the Panthers have, Mr. Sneaky? It was a low scoring, defensive style kind of game.   You act like Brady is entitled to 15 drives a game or something. Not every game is like another.

If the Pats are limited to SIX possessions against the Broncos the only way to win is if every offensive drive lasts 8+ minutes.   Take it to the bank.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Defense:

Offense:

And how many drives did the Panthers have, Mr. Sneaky? It was a low scoring, defensive style kind of game.   You act like Brady is entitled to 15 drives a game or something. Not every game is like another.

If the Pats are limited to SIX possessions against the Broncos the only way to win is if every offensive drive lasts 8+ minutes.   Take it to the bank.

That won't happen. Denver's D sucks. And BB usually gets 1 INT from Gomie and does enough to keep his offense's contained.

I noticed you ignored me when I asked how many possessions Carolina had.  Why is that?

We'd better hope for 1 at minimum.  The loss to the Panthers and the last 3 playoff losses had the same common denominator - ZERO forced TOs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Which normally isn't an issue if your OWN TEAM is avoiding turnovers themselves. Brady has been throwing 2 INTs per game almost in his more recent home playoff losses.

Last year, Ridley got whacked and fumbled but Brady also threw an INT.

You act like our offense should have no responsibility in the turnover department.

Nope.   The Pats need to have a WIN in the TO battle this week.  I can't expect Denver to turn it over a lot, so the recipe demands ZERO TOs by the Pats O.

If the Pats play a base-nickel like I hope then either PM's huge ego gets in the way of being forced into underneath throws, gets greedy and throws into deep coverage;  or we get a strip fumble in the running game.  I can see DMC being the defensive hero if we pull this one out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I thought the Psts were very good against the run except for cam, that is one thing PM cannot do. So I think we can stop the run. I think we need to get PM to move to his left and to change up the D

Look we are playing 4 of the second team,  if not more. BB will take away Julius but there may be too many weapons against a depleted D. I will be thrilled to get the second seed and no more injuries

The other thing is that to win they have to play 60 minutes. And not get off to a slow start. Or a bad 3rd qtr. it seems to me the other team always has a good first series against us as we try and figure out what's happening. 

will be holding my breath Sunday PMPM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

we must make Manning uncomfotable, if we don`t pressure him, we`ll have trouble, and remember they are deadly with the yards after the catch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Consider this..  in this game the nature of the team being faced reverses from that of Carolina.

Carolina has one of the top ranked Ds in the NFL and a fair offense.  Denver has the top ranked offense in the NFL and a fair defense.  Unfortunately, the Pats did OK against one of the best Ds in the NFL but couldn't really stop a so-so offense.  Makes you wonder.  Thankfully, this game is in Foxboro and BB has a history of handling Manning led offenses.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I say gamble it and play them like the Cowboys did = a 51-48 shootout.  Just make sure Gomer doesn't have the ball last.  

The Denver D is not the Panthers' one.  And our D, as decimated as it is, should not present a significant inequality from the "healthy" one D Denver is fielding.  KC lost in Denver because of a horrible offensive game plan.

I also won't be surprised if the D lays it all out, fired up from being maligned against Carolina.  They won't stop every drive, but they'll find a way to make a big stop in th 4th.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I see the Denver D and the Pats D as essentially a wash.  Neither is on par with the respective team's O.  I see heavy doses of zone from the Pats D with emphasis on containment.  It then becomes a case of how does the Pats O put more points on the board than the Denver O.  A strong run game will be key with chain-moving drives comprising 8-10 plays and absolute ball security.  If the Pats can execute such a game plan then they have a very solid chance of coming away with a W.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

I say gamble it and play them like the Cowboys did = a 51-48 shootout.  Just make sure Gomer doesn't have the ball last.  

The Denver D is not the Panthers' one.  And our D, as decimated as it is, should not present a significant inequality from the "healthy" one D Denver is fielding.  KC lost in Denver because of a horrible offensive game plan.

I also won't be surprised if the D lays it all out, fired up from being maligned against Carolina.  They won't stop every drive, but they'll find a way to make a big stop in th 4th.

I agree. It's going to be in the mid 20's with a wind chill in the the low teens. I would clog the middle make him throw to the outside outside. If he is going to throw short passes make him throw them outside the numbers. In very cold weather I think Brady throws a tighter ball and is more suited to play in that type of weather.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Defense:

Offense:

You really are a whack job.  Why is your perception always the opposite of reality?

It was NOT a low scoring defensive game.  It was LOW SCORING because the DEFENSE sucked and could not get off the field causing low possessions causing low scores.  It was low scoring because the D allowed an unheard of 72%, 3rd down conversion completion.

Low scoring defensive games include multiple 3 & outs.  Get it?

What part of your 152 IQ, doesn't understand this?

Same crappy defensive play as last 2 SB's.  Same reason the scores were low in those SB's.

Low possessions = low scores.  Get it?

You can only score 42 points total on 6 possessions and that's if you score a TD on ALL OF THEM!  Get it?  How f'n ignorant?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Brady owns Manning.  Who's our next opponent?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

I thought the Psts were very good against the run except for cam, that is one thing PM cannot do. So I think we can stop the run. I think we need to get PM to move to his left and to change up the D

Look we are playing 4 of the second team,  if not more. BB will take away Julius but there may be too many weapons against a depleted D. I will be thrilled to get the second seed and no more injuries

The other thing is that to win they have to play 60 minutes. And not get off to a slow start. Or a bad 3rd qtr. it seems to me the other team always has a good first series against us as we try and figure out what's happening. 

will be holding my breath Sunday PMPM

Cam was the difference maker for the Panthers.  Made just enough passes and runs.  During 1-2 of those runs, made several Patriot defenders look like high schoolers....lol

I wonder if this is going to be a shootout where one takes it to the house or if be close. Don't know, but it will be fun to watch; especially since welker will be playing.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/11/wes_welker_practices_excited_for_sunday

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I agree. It's going to be in the mid 20's with a wind chill in the the low teens. I would clog the middle make him throw to the outside outside. If he is going to throw short passes make him throw them outside the numbers. In very cold weather I think Brady throws a tighter ball and is more suited to play in that type of weather.

I would hope that cold weather favors the Patriots...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

This is the shoot out game beweent Brady and Manning. 

Big Gronkskowki must have a monster game along with AD and Amendola.

Ridley needs to handle the ball with two hand when he hit the hole.

Pats DBs need to jams the Broncos WRs before 5 yards lines so Peyton would hold the ball longer than usual.

BB should combine the Dallas va Colts games vs the Broncos this week.

Go Pats!

Sections
Shortcuts