Patriots/Browns pre-game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots/Browns pre-game thread

New England Patriots
    Patriots S Patrick Chung has been downgraded to out and will be one of 8 players designated as inactive for Sunday's game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Patriots/Browns pre-game thread

Good call by the staff. I'd rather rest him another week and have him ready for the showdown in Sh!tsburgh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss
    With Chung and Jarrad Page (calf) out, look for Brandon Meriweather and James Sanders to once again play most, if not all, of the snaps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots/Browns pre-game thread:
    [QUOTE]Good call by the staff. I'd rather rest him another week and have him ready for the showdown in Sh!tsburgh.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

I agree! He needs to be 100%

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Agreed apdynasty ...
    Pats at Heinz Field in Prime Time is going to be a physical game and a healthy Chung is going to be important 
    ( I didnt expect them to rush him back for the Browns )

The Mankins activation however caught me by surprise .
    ( Thought he would utilize Mankins' roster exemption and keep him shelved )

My guess is BB knows that weeks 10 and then 11 ( Colts ) will probably determine home field advantage and wants the team to be hitting their stride for those upcoming heavy-weight battles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE] Agreed apdynasty ... Pats at Heinz Field in Prime Time is going to be a physical game and a healthy Chung is going to be important  ( I didnt expect them to rush him back for the Browns )  The Mankins activation however caught me by surprise . ( Thought he would utilize Mankins' roster exemption and keep him shelved )  My guess is BB knows that weeks 10 and then 11 ( Colts ) will probably determine home field advantage and wants the team to be hitting their stride for those upcoming heavy-weight battles.
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]

I was shocked he was activated for the Sunday's game....He must have shown a lot this week!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

patriots win easy 31-9

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]patriots win easy 31-9
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Don't be too over confident. The Browns have a solid running game behind a good offensive line and a bruiser at RB. Their D isn't all that bad either. Not a blowout but a solid 24-10 victory.

They can only go as far as their QB will take them, Colt McCoy is a rookie and their WR's are injured/not to good to begin with so our D should have a very decent day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

10. Tomorrow in Cleveland: A few clouds early, otherwise mostly sunny. High 51F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://the506.com/sports/?cat=14

Announcers are: Bill Macatee, Rich Gannon

• You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots/Browns pre-game thread : Don't be too over confident. The Browns have a solid running game behind a good offensive line and a bruiser at RB. Their D isn't all that bad either. Not a blowout but a solid 24-10 victory. They can only go as far as their QB will take them, Colt McCoy is a rookie and their WR's are injured/not to good to begin with so our D should have a very decent day.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

We're fans.  It's our job to be overconfident.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I've got 27 to 13. Pats, of course.

Gary Guyton
    looking out my window.. no one is in the streets of cleveland... just tooo darn cold... lmao..

(LOL)

New England Patriots New England Patriots
    Patriots fans were prominent in NY, Miami and San Diego. Not so obvious tonight in Cleveland.

((((I guess all of the fans are at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame....))))))

Ian R. Rapoport
    @
    @ must've been at Rock N Roll Hall of Fame... it was overflowing with them...

Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats

November, 7, 2010
    By Mike Reiss

1. If the Patriots didn't expect Logan Mankins to play today, they wouldn't have promoted him to the active roster. While Mankins' conditioning might limit him from going wire to wire, coaches also view him as being fresh and someone who can add immediate snap and power up front.

3. Quarterback Tom Brady is a top MVP candidate at this point of the season even though he has yet to throw for 300 yards in a game. Outside of the 2008 season lost to injury, the only other time in Brady's career that he hasn't produced a 300-yard game season at this point of the season was 2003. 

7. The Patriots might not be considered a running team, but they are one of the NFL's better short-yardage clubs. Consider that on third-and-1 plays this season, quarterback Tom Brady is 3 of 3, running back Sammy Morris is 2 of 2 and BenJarvus Green-Ellis is 3 of 4. 

9. Maybe Colt McCoy is the long-term answer, but it sure looks like Eric Mangini made a mistake in trading down multiple times from the No. 5 pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. In doing so, he passed up Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman. While those young quarterbacks are still developing, they represent hope for their franchises.

10. Rode the elevator at a downtown Cleveland hotel Saturday night with a member of the "End Zone Militia" from Gillette Stadium. Turns out Benjamin Watson used to high-five her after touchdowns and they struck up a friendship, so Watson -- now with the Browns -- invited her to today's game. Neat story.

Video of the day:

Patriots CB Devin McCourty talks playing time and the Browns

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/11/07/video-of-the-day-patriots-cb-devin-mccourty-talks-playing-time-and-the-browns/

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots/Browns pre-game thread : Don't be too over confident. The Browns have a solid running game behind a good offensive line and a bruiser at RB. Their D isn't all that bad either. Not a blowout but a solid 24-10 victory. They can only go as far as their QB will take them, Colt McCoy is a rookie and their WR's are injured/not to good to begin with so our D should have a very decent day.

Not overconfident any week, but BB will stack it on Hillis and force McCoy to throw into zones.

I am sure they know this, so I expect to see some way to try to counter this early.

Maybe 1st down screens instead of runs, etc.

What to watch for Sunday against the Browns

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]  realpatriots New England Patriots Patriots fans were prominent in NY, Miami and San Diego. Not so obvious tonight in Cleveland. ((((I guess all of the fans are at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame....)))))) RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport @ @ realpatriots must've been at Rock N Roll Hall of Fame... it was overflowing with them...
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Would that be the 'rock and roll' hall of fame that has Madonna in it but not the J Geils Band or a host of other peole that actually played rock and roll?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

How many trick plays does the Man Gina try today and how many of them do the Pats blow up in his face?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Welcome to Browns Stadium

November, 7, 2010
    By Mike Reiss
    CLEVELAND – Welcome to Cleveland Browns Stadium, where the Patriots visit the Browns today (1 p.m.).

Weather conditions. The temperature is expected to be in the mid to high 40s at kickoff with a 10 percent chance of precipitation, according to Weather.com. Winds, which can sometimes be a factor coming off Lake Erie, are projected to be in the 10 mile per hour range, which means they probably won't be a major concern for both teams.

Getting a feel for the stadium. Every seat at Cleveland Browns Stadium is orange and there is a no-frills feel to the playing field, with a Browns helmet at midfield and the words “Cleveland” and “Browns” in the end zones. Some of the greats from the franchise’s past are recognized with their names and numbers listed underneath the top section of seats – Paul Brown, Ozzie Newsome (82), Lou Groza (76), Jim Brown (32) and Otto Graham (14) among them. Two former Browns -- running backs Kevin Mack (1985-93) and Eric Metcalf (1989-94) -- are serving as Browns honorary captains today.

First-year referee gets the call. Clete Blakeman, who is in his first year as a referee, has been assigned to work today’s game.

Peyton Hillis emerging in Cleveland. The Browns running back, who leads the team with 460 rushing yards and is second with 27 receptions, is featured today on the cover of the magazine being sold at the stadium.

Heavy Patriots fan presence. On Saturday night and even this morning, there was a heavy presence in downtown Cleveland when it came to Patriots fans who were easily recognized with their jerseys. The team’s fans travel well.

Television information. Today’s game will be broadcast on CBS, with Bill Macatee (play by play) and Rich Gannon (analysis) on the call.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Good stuff as always Rocky.  I guess they will play Mankins into game shape.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Thanks for the info Rocky (from the Emerald Isle).

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Patriots/Browns pre-game thread:
    [QUOTE]realpatriots New England Patriots Patriots S Patrick Chung has been downgraded to out and will be one of 8 players designated as inactive for Sunday's game. #fb
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

• Sections
    Shortcuts