Patriots claim DT AJ Francis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots claim DT AJ Francis

Per colleague , the Patriots have claimed DT AJ Francis on waivers. Was undrafted free agent for Dolphins this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Patriots claim DT AJ Francis

A.J. Francis, DS #37 DT, Maryland   Bookmark and Share Name:  A.J. Francis 
    College:  Maryland      Number: 96
    Height: 6-5    Weight: 309 
    Position:  DT   Pos2: DE
    Class/Draft Year:  rSr/2013
    40 Low: 5.12    40 Time:  5.20   40 High: 5.29 
    Projected Round:    Stock:     High: 7th   Low: PFA
    Rated number 37 out of 174 DT's      500 / 2434 TOTAL  Combine Results  Pro Day Results Combine Invite: 
    Height: 6050
    Weight: 309
    40 Yrd Dash: 
    20 Yrd Dash: 
    10 Yrd Dash:  225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
    Vertical Jump: 
    Broad Jump: 
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 
    3-Cone Drill: 

Dates:  03/13/13 
    Height: 6050
    Weight: 309
    40 Yrd Dash: 5.19
    20 Yrd Dash: 3.04
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.78 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
    Vertical Jump: 29
    Broad Jump: 09'04"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.58
    3-Cone Drill: 7.45

40 Time Range: 5.19-5.21  Draft Scout Snapshot: .  A.J. Francis/Maryland football Videos

powered by *Automated search based on player first/last name, college team name, football, 3 loading panels, click video to view in full size on this page, watch or fast forward one full video, or open player with red arrow to choose more cuts at the bottom of the big video screen. Click "I'm done watching this" blue link at the top of video to close screen. If available/HQ changes video quality.  

Draft Scout A.J. Francis News 08/31/13 - DT A.J. Francis was released by the Miami Dolphins on Saturday. 05/03/13 - Dolphins Sign 19 Undrafted College Free Agents...DT - A.J. FRANCIS (6-0, 309, 5/7/90, Maryland): Appeared in 49 career games with 35 starts … Recorded 149 tackles (61 solo), 19.5 tackles for a loss, 9.5 sacks, one forced fumble, four fumble recoveries, seven passes defensed and three blocked kicks. - MiamiDolphins.com 04/08/13 - 2013 Maryland Pro Day: A.J. Francis, DT (6-5, 309) - Francis ran the 40 in 5.21 and 5.19 seconds. He had a 29-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-4 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.58 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.45 seconds. He also performed 24 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press. Francis is a possible rookie free-agent pickup following the 2013 NFL Draft. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com 12/12/12 - 2012 COACHES ALL-ACC FOOTBALL HONORABLE MENTION: DE-A.J. Francis, Sr.-R, Maryland (4), has been selected Honorable Mention All-Atlantic Coast Conference (Coaches selection) for the 2012 college football season. This year, for the first time under the auspices of the ACC, the league's 12 head football coaches voted for an All-ACC football team. Francis had 43 tackles on the year, including nine for a loss and four sacks. He also had three fumble recoveries and three blocked kicks. - Maryland football 12/01/12 - 2012 ALL-ACC HONORABLE MENTION (MEDIA): A.J. Francis (Maryland), de (12)...has been named Honorable Mention All-Atlantic Coast Conference for the 2012 college football season by the ACC Media Association. Francis had 43 tackles on the year, including nine for a loss and four sacks. He also had three fumble recoveries and three blocked kicks. - Maryland football

--> [A.J. Francis TSX Player News Log]...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Big move by the expert GM. That'll save the day.

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I smell a 3-4 in the works. Wonder if they'll go after anyone else. 

Let's go Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

There you go Babe....Read the analysis!  :  )    lol

Height: 6-4.5 Weight: 307 40: 5.41 Year: 5Sr A.J. Francis School: Maryland Position: DT Bio: Moved into the starting lineup on a full-time basis as a senior and totaled 43 tackles/9 tackles for loss/4 sacks. Junior numbers included 31/3/2 when he started four games. Positive: Large, forceful defensive lineman who flashes dominance. Plays with good lean, displays power in his lower body, and tough to stop. Tosses aside opponents, breaks through double-team blocks and gets a lot of momentum going up the field. Holds his ground against blocks then slides to the inside defending the run. Negative: More of a gap occupier rather than a playmaker. Heavy footed and not a lineman who's effective pursuing the action outside the box. Analysis: Francis is a tough, slug-it-out lineman who clogs the middle of the field and disrupts the opponent's game plan. He's an underrated prospect with the ability to start at multiple positions on the defensive line and could turn out to be one of the hidden gems in this year's draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

So we spent "wisely" over the last five years...didn't spend to the cap...planned for the future...so we could sign another undrafted free agent that couldn't even make it on the Dolphins? This is the fall out from the salary cap hell I've been hearing about for the last 4 years? I thought guys like Demarcus Ware were going to end up being cut because of "mismanaged cap sitiuations" and "salary cap hell"....does that happen tomorrow?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Rkarp... Your assessments often seem accurate. Anything to be optimistic/excited about here?

Let's go Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Senior "Highlight" tape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJkNvEWDOao

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Labor Day Special at the Dollar Store.

This will shut down Vegas books until they they've recalibrated Super Bowl odds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

So we spent "wisely" over the last five years...didn't spend to the cap...planned for the future...so we could sign another undrafted free agent that couldn't even make it on the Dolphins? This is the fall out from the salary cap hell I've been hearing about for the last 4 years? I thought guys like Demarcus Ware were going to end up being cut because of "mismanaged cap sitiuations" and "salary cap hell"....does that happen tomorrow?

Dallas's team and defense sucked last year.

Do you really enjoy walking into walls so easily like you do?  You and your ilk are seriously some of the most miserable humans I've ever seen.

You need this media reassurance of a name on a jersey to make you like your football team. It's very little kid-like who has posters on his wall.

You couldn't enjoy Mila Kunis if she fell on your face.

Hey do you think anyone would listen to you for a second regarding football? You are the guy who sang all off season about the brilliance of signing A. Wilson and Ballard...remember those days?

Here, I saved a little argument you had with rkarp regarding Wilson, it's priceless!!

1.     Exhibit B, folks. We had Exhibit A above with PatsEng, who also has turned into a BB basher.

Classic RKrap. Overrates every mediocre signing or overpaid FAs for other AFC teams and then claims things like this for a future HOF Safety.

Dear RKrap:

BB plays a nickel base in lile 75% of the snaps. This means we'll see more dime type stuff with BB using Wilson like a coverage or taking off a Spikes or Hightowers more than a Wilson.

He's not going to be riding the bench. You don't take off a future HOFer who makes your entire D better due to what kind of formation you're supposed to play (non nickel or dime).

Dumb as a bag of rocks.

BB is drooling over the possibilites for Wilson in his D and you and PatsEng are making it seem like he'll see the field 25% of the time, which is false.

A player with this kind of a skill set is bad news for opposing offenses. Wilson was also not taken off the the field last year due to performance either, it was due to them moving on, being out of the playoffs and debuting other young players who may or may not be in their plans after Wilson was leaving.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Do you really enjoy walking into walls so easily like you do?  You and your ilk are seriously some of the most miserable humans I've ever seen.

You need this media reassurance of a name on a jersey to make you like your football team. It's very little kid-like who has posters on his wall.

Hey do you think anyone would listen to you for a second regarding football? You are the guy who sang all off season about the brilliance of signing A. Wilson and Ballard...remember those days?

Here, I saved a little argument you had with rkarp regarding Wilson, it's priceless!!

1.     Exhibit B, folks. We had Exhibit A above with PatsEng, who also has turned into a BB basher.

Classic RKrap. Overrates every mediocre signing or overpaid FAs for other AFC teams and then claims things like this for a future HOF Safety.

Dear RKrap:

BB plays a nickel base in lile 75% of the snaps. This means we'll see more dime type stuff with BB using Wilson like a coverage or taking off a Spikes or Hightowers more than a Wilson.

He's not going to be riding the bench. You don't take off a future HOFer who makes your entire D better due to what kind of formation you're supposed to play (non nickel or dime).

Dumb as a bag of rocks.

BB is drooling over the possibilites for Wilson in his D and you and PatsEng are making it seem like he'll see the field 25% of the time, which is false.

A player with this kind of a skill set is bad news for opposing offenses. Wilson was also not taken off the the field last year due to performance either, it was due to them moving on, being out of the playoffs and debuting other young players who may or may not be in their plans after Wilson was leaving.

My Goodness, I'm glad I copied this masterpiece before you went and got yourself banned again rusty! I knew this one would come back to further expose you:) 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Dear RKrap:

Dumb as a bag of rocks.

My Goodness, I'm glad I copied this masterpiece before you went and got yourself banned again rusty! I knew this one would come back to further expose you:) 

Yeah.  A player who gets hurt really exposes me.

You seemed normal yesterday in the A. Wilson thread having a reasonable discussion and now you're back to your mental illness self.

You know, being passive aggressive and having that disorder is nothing to be ashamed of, Cucpcake.

Do you behave in this way with your students, too?

Yeah yesterday during your four hour backpedal people were able to have a almost normal football discussion with you, because you were so embarrassed about how wrong things turned out...now you're back to your usual self:) Tears! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Dear RKrap:

Dumb as a bag of rocks.

Yeah.  A player who gets hurt really exposes me.

You seemed normal yesterday in the A. Wilson thread having a reasonable discussion and now you're back to your mental illness self.

You know, being passive aggressive and having that disorder is nothing to be ashamed of, Cucpcake.

Do you behave in this way with your students, too?

Yeah yesterday during your four hour backpedal people were able to have a almost normal football discussion with you, because you were so embarrassed about how wrong things turned out...now you're back to your usual self:) Tears! 

I am embarrassed because an NFL player gets hurt?

Maybe you have one more form of mental illness that hasn't been diagnosed yet?

Hey! Do you think Brady can avoid crapping his pants and blaming others for his crappy decisions in an AFC Title game this year?

lmao

That's all you got? Seriously? I mean all you can say is something negative about Brady?

Your post from a month ago paints a picture of you perfectly...it's rude, it's wrong, it's biased, it's poorly written, it's attacking another poster and in the end it's another example of you losing a debate. Rkarp owns you so bad right now that I'm surprised you come back here at all - in fact I thought you'd take a month off (like you did after the Jets beat us in the playoffs and all those jet trolls you peed off came looking for you). 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Rusty,

know you guys have been at war, but if you answer all your retorts like this instead of some of the names, you are way more effective. Miserable humans is way better than what you normally use lol. I hope they, in their rejoinders, up their game as I have occasionally seen.  I dont mind a good chuckle

As to this issue, it sounds like at the minimum,he is a physical tough guy. We need tough guys, We are not looking for All stars but role players. if he is stout in his box as DT he could be ok.We cannot always get a Nink

I think someone mentioned going more to a 3-4. BB eschews defining his D one way or the other.   and finally I wonder if Collins will be used as some sort of hybrid SS. I just see so much versatility on this year. Have thought BB limited in scheming past years, but noy this 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Rusty,

know you guys have been at war, but if you answer all your retorts like this instead of some of the names, you are way more effective. Miserable humans is way better than what you normally use lol. I hope they, in their rejoinders, up their game as I have occasionally seen.  I dont mind a good chuckle

As to this issue, it sounds like at the minimum,he is a physical tough guy. We need tough guys, We are not looking for All stars but role players. if he is stout in his box as DT he could be ok.We cannot always get a Nink

I think someone mentioned going more to a 3-4. BB eschews defining his D one way or the other.   and finally I wonder if Collins will be used as some sort of hybrid SS. I just see so much versatility on this year. Have thought BB limited in scheming past years, but noy this 

Consideing what was out there, as long as he is stout versus the run and clogs the line, he's better than what we cut...they were small and slow and pushed around badly by the Giants and Eagles lines....I'm ok with this, hope we bag another...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Looks like Ray Lewis on ESPN....after sniffing some antler powder...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Labor Day Special at the Dollar Store.

This will shut down Vegas books until they they've recalibrated Super Bowl odds.

Good one!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

There you go Babe....Read the analysis!  :  )    lol

Height: 6-4.5 Weight: 307 40: 5.41 Year: 5Sr A.J. Francis School: Maryland Position: DT Bio: Moved into the starting lineup on a full-time basis as a senior and totaled 43 tackles/9 tackles for loss/4 sacks. Junior numbers included 31/3/2 when he started four games. Positive: Large, forceful defensive lineman who flashes dominance. Plays with good lean, displays power in his lower body, and tough to stop. Tosses aside opponents, breaks through double-team blocks and gets a lot of momentum going up the field. Holds his ground against blocks then slides to the inside defending the run. Negative: More of a gap occupier rather than a playmaker. Heavy footed and not a lineman who's effective pursuing the action outside the box. Analysis: Francis is a tough, slug-it-out lineman who clogs the middle of the field and disrupts the opponent's game plan. He's an underrated prospect with the ability to start at multiple positions on the defensive line and could turn out to be one of the hidden gems in this year's draft.

Thanks for pointing the guy out Rocky. I hope he is a big find for the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Aren't the Pats very low on the list of teams getting first dip in the waiver wire, and what player the Pats can pick up had not generated much interest among other teams for them to put in a claim?

Living well is the best revenge.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This explains why we kept so much cap spending. Everyone telling me they were keeping cap space to sign players after the cut done now I see it all makes sense

dreigh - We don't have the bodies for a 34. You need at least 290+ guys to play DE. So far they have Wilfork as the only possible NT, Kelly, and two UDFA DE's one of which they just signed today. There just isn't the personal for it. And before you say Jones, Willie was Jones size and he was rarely used as a 34 DE and only on sub blitzes where they overloaded a side.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

True, true, true, true. So funny when people start back peddling about lord billy. The truth is he makes mistakes. As many as the next GM.( top level) he is no better or worse than the top 1/3 of gm's. certainly not infallible. Great coach though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This explains why we kept so much cap spending. Everyone telling me they were keeping cap space to sign players after the cut done now I see it all makes sense

dreigh - We don't have the bodies for a 34. You need at least 290+ guys to play DE. So far they have Wilfork as the only possible NT, Kelly, and two UDFA DE's one of which they just signed today. There just isn't the personal for it. And before you say Jones, Willie was Jones size and he was rarely used as a 34 DE and only on sub blitzes where they overloaded a side.

Not for a traditional BB two-gap 3-4, but remember he was using lighter bodies (Francis and Cunningham) in the middle a lot last year.  Then he just cut (somewhat surprisingly) both Love and Deaderick.  I'm wondering if BB is rethinking that old formula.  

Fewer big bodies, fewer DEs, and more LB types on this roster.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Not for a traditional BB two-gap 3-4, but remember he was using lighter bodies (Francis and Cunningham) in the middle a lot last year.  Then he just cut (somewhat surprisingly) both Love and Deaderick.  I'm wondering if BB is rethinking that old formula.  

Fewer big bodies, fewer DEs, and more LB types on this roster.

I like this " scrap the paradigm" theory, prolate.  It's got legs.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Aren't the Pats very low on the list of teams getting first dip in the waiver wire, and what player the Pats can picked up had not generated much interest among other teams for them to put in a claim?

BB regularly picks players up, keeps them for about a week or sometimes for two days, then boots them out the door if they're no good for whatever reason.  If this weren't football BB would be Charlie Sheen's character.  Once in a while he runs across a keeper like Danny Woodhead.

Sections
Shortcuts