Patriots close to deal with tight end Daniel Fells

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

The New England Patriots are looking to add a blocking tight end, and they may have found one.

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that the Pats are closing in on a deal with free-agent tight end Daniel Fells.

Fells played in 14 games for the Rams last season, starting four. Although the 272-pounder is mostly known as a blocker, he did catch 21 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns last season.

The Patriots are also said to be interested in tight end Alge Crumpler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/patriots-close-to-deal-with-tight-end-daniel-fells/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Patriots close to deal with tight end Daniel Fells

Only way this happens is if Crumpler wants more money then the Patriots want to spend on this position... Fells is the back up cheaper option.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@DaBlade....why would you say that?  NE as of right now has no TE's. If they add Crumpler I will be very pleased with this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

I say grab Crumpler and draft one... then pick up a third closer to the season if need be

I had no clue who Fells was I just remember having Steven Jackson on my fantasy team and I would get excited when I saw they had a TD and i would look (assuming it was Jackson who got it) and it was Fells! haha. Felt like that happened more than 3 times

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Fells who??? I'd be plenty happy with seeing Crumpler in a Pats uniform and if Fells can block we could use that too. We still haven't replaced Daniel Grahams blocking ability.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bring them both. We tend to always go into camp with atleast 5 TE's. The kids worth a shot and will most likely come in cheap. If he's really good then he'll earn a spot but I don't see BB bringing him in as a starter. Sounds like another come to camp and prove it TE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

whew whoo!wait a minute who is fells?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

it seems just like yesterday when we had a surplus of TEs in our stable.

We haven't had/or used a pass-catching oriented TE for a long time. Is it just going to be a bona-fide blocker for Brady? Are we gonna use the TE for blocking for RBs? Or, are we gonna incorporate a TE back into our offense? or, all of the above...none of the above....lol.

Sections
Shortcuts