Patriots Coaching for 2011 season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Patriots Coaching for 2011 season

I would like to bring back Crennel.  Doubt that he's leaving KC tho.

I also think Dawkins could be a good signing.  DEN has a new coach, so a house cleaning isnt out of the picture.

Dawkins doesnt have much left on the field, I hope he would be willing to take a major pay cut and play a back up role.  This secondary could use some veteran guidance.  This defense could use a little more fire.  He can provide it.  I'd like to see him in a Junior Seau type role.

This guy can add a ton to a defense that isnt seen on the stat sheet.  I just have a feeling that if we sign Dawkins, Chung and Meriweather are going to improve a ton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i want Brad Seely back from the browns!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Wow Seely and Romeo that would be a good combo. I really think we need to make some new hiring decisions as far as coaches this off season. In addition we need to sign some bigger time players.

I want my Patriots to WIN it all next season and shut the Jets and cromartie and scott up for good. I also think Tom needs to get a little more ticked at himself and take that all win or nothing approach that he did back in 2003

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BB-IS-BEST. Show BB-IS-BEST's posts

I think it would be awesome if Belichick brought in Dick LeBeau to coach the Defense along side him. His contract expires from what I read, and I think he would persuade BB to draft some defensive talent and push the younger players to their potential.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'd like to see BB get some experienced help at coordinator.  I think some fresh ideas would help this team.  This isn't a criticism of BB--I still think he's the best coach in football--but any great leader knows it helps to surround yourself with other smart people.  I think BB would benefit from a few top football minds to challenge him and give him new ideas.  I worry, sometimes, that our schemes have gotten a bit stale.  In 2001, BB's ideas were fresh and different. Now everyone has copied him and seen what he does  A few new ideas might give this team some new wrinkles and make it a bit more unpredictable.  I think that wold help.

That, and some additional talent at a few key spots where we're still weak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

LeBeau's not coming here or going anywhere else. We're not even going to attempt to talk to him. You don't just scrap your entire defensive system and start a new one. It sets you back a few years in terms of getting new talent that fits your new system. Belichick drafted to fit his system and getting LeBeau nullifies that.

And as for Romeo, that issue always irks the crap out of me. What a lot of fans don't get is that it's almost never about JUST winning and x's/o's. With Romeo, Josh McDaniels, and Charlie Weiss, it's better to AVOID New England because if they succeed here (after failing elsewhere), people will quickly give Belichick the credit (and rightfully so). It's career suicide to come here and win. If they come here and fail, it's just as worse. They'll avoid New England like it's the plague because they have ego's, they have dreams as well. And they can't move their way up the ladder if they're always being overshadowed by Bill Belichick.

Belichick has no choice but to groom coaching talent internally. He has no choice. He can teach them while they're younger and impressionable, teach his system, and what he expects on and off the field. He'll just keep building new coordinators knowing that a) he can't scrap his system (a system that's been around for 3 decades and that had brought him 5 Super Bowls) and b) other teams will always be after his assistants and scouts.

And let's not lose sight here: we played well 90% of the time this season. Our defense, given what they were lacking in healthy bodies, experience and a pass rush, played decent. The offense scored at a ridiculous rate too. There's not much to THROW AWAY here people.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Coaching for 2011 season:
    I think it would be awesome if Belichick brought in Dick LeBeau to coach the Defense along side him. His contract expires from what I read, and I think he would persuade BB to draft some defensive talent and push the younger players to their potential.
    Posted by BB_IS_BEST

BOOF! there it is! great post.

Sections
Shortcuts