Patriots Contracts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Patriots Contracts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Keep cherry picking! BB is the greatest combo coach GM in modern football history. 12 straight post season appearences. I don't give two hoots about a failure of players as it's not the fault of the coach who acquires the services of guys who had big reps before they got here and that they failed to learn the system they were brought in to play or that they got injured during the process and weren't able to continue to play to their skill levels, BB can lead them to the trough but he can't make them drink the water! I'll take BB over any other guy you can name presently acting as HC/GM.

Exactly. How irrational is it for him to be 100% perfect, have a crystal ball, etc, when the goal is to put out the best team possible year to year?

If these idiots walked into a bar in Detroit with these comments, or Cleveland, etc, they would be arrested for suspicion of escaping from a mental hospital.

I am not kidding. I've lived in the SE and Midwest and been around many different NFL fanbases and they're either haters or very jealous of BB and admit it.

An injury here or the thing with Hernandez is somehow on BB?  It's so irrational.

The only way it would make sense is if our team was missing the playoffs or barely getting wild cards or something.

GOd forbid these same inbreds acknolwedge Brady's poor play at home in AFC title games since 2007 or mediocre/disappointing play in SBs.

No one is expecting perfection, unlike you that EXPECTS perfection from ONE player.

How bout this.

How bout he just not pay half these guys that he paid in 2012,  THAT WEREN"T ON THE TEAM!

FAIL!

This is the equivalent of BRADY's, Mankins, Wilforks cap hit!!!!!!

How bout he used just half that money to pay someone (anyone) that could have played and helped and not threw it away to pay guys that were either running a snow cone business or playing for another team.  How bout that?  How embarrassing!

Dead Money NamePositionCap
    Value TOTAL  

$22,283,533

Light, Matt OL $3,000,000 Bodden, Leigh CB $3,000,000 Warren, Ty DE $2,750,012 Banta-Cain, Tully LB $2,000,000 Ochocinco, Chad WR $1,683,333 Fanene, Jonathan DE $1,383,333 Brace, Ron DE $1,291,294 Shiancoe, Visanthe TE $1,200,000 Branch, Deion WR $998,529 Kaczur, Nick OL $875,000 Butler, Darius CB $542,500 Gallery, Robert OL $500,000 Wright, Mike DT $450,000 Price, Taylor WR $352,290 Koppen, Dan OL $325,000 Moore, Sterling CB $272,636 Salas, Greg WR $272,577 Carpenter, Bobby LB $202,059 Tate, Brandon WR $188,750 Develin, James RB $160,165 Gaffney, Jabar WR $150,000 Tarpinian, Jeff LB $149,612 Williams, Malcolm CB $131,665 Smith, Lee TE $128,610 Tennant, Matt C $127,059 Addai, Joseph RB $125,000 Kopa, Matt T $114,660 Warren, Jeremiah OL $107,200 Winslow, Kellen TE $97,059 Petrus, Mitch G $95,294 Forston, Marcus DT $95,098 Stroud, Marcus DT $75,000 Hilliard, Lex FB $72,353 Carter, Markell DE $70,539 Koutouvides, Niko LB $65,000 Ihedigbo, James S $65,000 Warren, Gerard DE $60,000 Stallworth, Donte WR $50,000 Rivera, Mike LB $45,882 Silvestro, Alex DE $42,234 Austin, Thomas C $35,280 McClain, Terrell DT $27,353 Aiken, Kamar WR $22,941 Weston, Kade DT $19,850 Williams, Malcolm CB $18,000 Fayson, Jarred WR $17,100 Quarles, Cyhl S $17,100 Ohrnberger, Rich OL $15,000 Maneri, Steven OL $15,000 Ebert, Jeremy WR $12,050 Lavarias, Aaron DE $12,000 Taylor, Kerry WR $11,400 Logan, Tony WR $11,400 Brown, Sergio S $9,708 Woods, Corey OL $8,000 Draheim, Tommie C $5,700 Harris, Jerrell LB $5,700 Berry, Mike OL $5,334 Austin, Thomas OL $5,000 Yeatman, Will TE $4,667 Nurse, Clay DE $3,334 Coulson, Ryan LB $1,667 Roark, Matt WR $833 Ross, Jeremy WR $667

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

yet Brady has sucked in the postseason since 2007.

More dishonesty from the Megatw@t.

Other than the two blowouts by the Ravens in 2009 and 2012, Brady has a 13-5 TD/INT ratio.

But we will never hear a word out of you about all the fails on the rest of the team in those two embarrassing losses.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

12 straight post season appearences.

Wrong.

The only one is 11-5 in 2008.  Only two times in NFL history since the 16 game schedule was introduced, did an 11 win team not make it:

1985 Broncos

2008 Patriots

That may be incorrect, but Sportsbozo meaning to say 13 straight winning seasons, is beyond impressive in this era, and it ain't ending anytime soon.

Whatever, he was wrong, and I informed him of such.

You mean the year the previously 1-15 Dolphins won the division? That year?

List for me the teams with a winning record we played that didn't beat us in 2008 Einstein. Do it! Or shut it!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

yet Brady has sucked in the postseason since 2007.

More dishonesty from the Megatw@t.

Other than the two blowouts by the Ravens in 2009 and 2012, Brady has a 13-5 TD/INT ratio.

But we will never hear a word out of you about all the fails on the rest of the team in those two embarrassing losses.

shreds the piddly divisonal rd opponent if they play zone or don't have a very good D.

You expect him to roll up the numbers against the best Ds? Learn the game fool.

But this stupidity is entirely in keeping with your dishonesty when you blame him for the 2007 SB loss despite him getting hit 25 times in the game, and sacked 5 times.

You're a football moron.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wrong.

The only one is 11-5 in 2008.  Only two times in NFL history since the 16 game schedule was introduced, did an 11 win team not make it:

1985 Broncos

2008 Patriots

That may be incorrect, but Sportsbozo meaning to say 13 straight winning seasons, is beyond impressive in this era, and it ain't ending anytime soon.

List for me the teams with a winning record we played that didn't beat us in 2008 Einstein. Do it! Or shut it!

KC went 2-14 last year and 11-5 this year. So what?  Miami wasn't as bad as 1-15 in 2007 either just like Houston isn't as bad as 2-14 shows this year.

LMAO@U. Spin away Megatw@t. Miami was not only 1-15 the previous year that they won the division, but they had a losing season after that 2008 schedule as well. Imbecile.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wrong.

1985 Broncos

2008 Patriots

KC went 2-14 last year and 11-5 this year. So what?  Miami wasn't as bad as 1-15 in 2007 either just like Houston isn't as bad as 2-14 shows this year.

A winning record in 2008?  You look it up.  I know how that season went and how the Pats got better as the year went on with a QB who hadn't played in a decade.

Has that even happened before in NFL history? Seriously.  Was Darryl Lamonica brought back into the NFL by Al Davis after 10 years in the amazon jungle somewhere?  lol

"Hi, I haven't played football in a decade and I just helped my team to an 11-5 record." - Matt Cassel

Nice try, Babe. You lost again.

^ I see hot air here, but I don't see the list.

Put up or shut up liar.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from khiro822. Show khiro822's posts

In response to khiro822's comment:

You're wasting your time. They'll say "it's all about Brady", yet Brady has sucked in the postseason since 2007.

And, BB went 11-5 with Matt Cassel in 2008 as we watch GB barely go 8-8 with Matt Flynn who actually had played within a 10 year window before. LMAO

BB is the best GM and coach of all time. End of story.

The Patriots succes is due to four primary factors:

1.  Ownership.  The Kraft's have allowed BB to "do his job" without meddling and without the threat of being fired if things temporarily go bad.  This creates stability to withstand the ups and downs of a volitile NFL season.  Most coaches/GM's are coaching for their job year to year  which leads to short term, save my job now, type decision making.  

2. Superior coaching.  Belichick will likely go down as the greatest coach in NFL history.  13 consecutive winning seasons.  5 trips to the Super bowl.  11-5 with Matt Cassel.  12-4 this year with 15 rookies, no Mayo, no Wilfork, no Kelly, no Hernandez, no Wleker, and  with Gronk and Volmer out for most of the season.  So take 6 All Pro players away, insert a bunch of rookies, go 12-4.  Fourth consecutive first round playoff bye (8th in 13 seasons). Enough said.

3. Superior GM.  Again, Belichick zigs when everyone else is zaging.  He stock piles draft picks for several years then he trades up twice in the first round the next year.  With the stability Kraft allows him, he is able to act both for the short term AND the long term with emphasis on DEPTH (players get injured in the NFL) in all three phases- offense, defense, AND special teams.

4  OK.  Let's not forget Tom Brady.  The best QB of his era, for sure.  Peyton Manning?  He may put up great stats, but let's look at how he does when it really counts: Peyton Manning Career Playoff Record: 9-11, With Eight One-and-Done Postseason Trips.  Brady?  17-7.

There is a lot of bickering and criticism on the this site.  This is one of the reasons I don't post often.  Its not easy to win a single game in the NFL let alone have a winning season.  Look at the success we've had over the last 13 years.  Maybe  many of you are too young to have lived through the Chuck Fairbanks, Ron Erhardt, Ron Meyer, Rod Rust, Dick Mcphearson days.  Remember Victor Kiam?  James Orthwein?   The Patriots were the joke of the league for a long time.  I have lived through those tough times as a loyal fan.  

Let's count our blessings and enjoy this spectacular ride together!   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Every FA they targeted, which was really only LLoyd, since the team was built already through the draft and internal development (Woodhead, Connolly, Wendell, Nink, Arrington, etc), was captured under team friendly money. Lloyd knew the system, had nowhere else to go and clearly outperformed his contract even with some mininmal dead money this year.

Lloyd's dead money this year against the cap is $3.5 million. That's a little more than minimal. The Pats would have had less of a cap hit this year if they had kept him on the roster.

How did he outperform his contract?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wrong.

1985 Broncos

2008 Patriots

A winning record in 2008?  You look it up.  I know how that season went and how the Pats got better as the year went on with a QB who hadn't played in a decade.

Has that even happened before in NFL history? Seriously.  Was Darryl Lamonica brought back into the NFL by Al Davis after 10 years in the amazon jungle somewhere?  lol

"Hi, I haven't played football in a decade and I just helped my team to an 11-5 record." - Matt Cassel

Put up or shut up liar.

You can cut and paste the schedule.

In 2008, Miami (2x), SD, Colts, Steelers (SB), Cardinals (SB) - 6 games, 5 teams who made the playoffs. I could literally go down every schedule and do the same thing with Brady under center instead of Cassel, too.

Do you know how hard it is to play back to back games on the west coast, TWICE in a season?

You put up or shut up. I've lied about nothing.

I have put up dumbkoff. You're the one who refuses to name the teams with winning records that they didn't lose to.

Since you're too dishonest to name them, I will.

The Cardinals. That's it, and they played us away after they clinched and a win would in no way have helped them.

One fourth of the schedule was against teams with a combined 13-51 record!

Another day, another bludgeoning of the lying Village Imbecile. LMAO@U

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Its not easy to win a single game in the NFL

It only happens 50% of the time. That's very rare.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Its not easy to win a single game in the NFL

It only happens 50% of the time. That's very rare.

Khiro's statement was true. Yours, not so much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Do you even watch any football outside of the one where Brady's buttocks are showcased in silver or navy tights?

Hmm?

Never noticed, but apparently you have. That could explain it. You lust for Brady but can never have him so you trash him like a jilted lover.

Thanks for shedding some light on this bizarre facet of you, Imbecile.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Do you even watch any football outside of the one where Brady's buttocks are showcased in silver or navy tights?

Hmm?

Never noticed, but apparently you have. That could explain it. You lust for Brady but can never have him so you trash him like a jilted lover.

Thanks for shedding some light on this bizarre facet of you, Imbecile.

Look in the mirror.  I go by facts, Gramps. I don't spend every waking hour here deflecting from the facts with him like you do.  

The only reason why you Brady Ball Washers continue to pump tis premise here, is to build in a proactive scapegoat in case your deep fears come true again (Brady plays like crap in the AFC Title game again).

So, it's a pre-emptive strike for you, HUrlie, Pezzy, etc.  We all know the game by now.

As for your warped comment, if I did love Brady in that way, wouldn't I be joining you and your buddies scrambling to deflect from the facts about his postseason play?  Then you would be right about me having some odd man lust like you do for him.

There is absolutely no other explanation as to why your group continues to do this other than you have bedroom thoughts about ol Tommy. Your business, not mine, but leave it out of the discussions please.

Brady has SUCKED in the last 3 AFC title games and been beyond disappointing in the last 2 SBs he played in.

Can you even utter those words? Or, do your dreams of him shedding tights in your bedroom block you from doing that?

bawahaha

You and your little tagteam buddies would have to be brain dead to try to sell people on 3 TDs and 7 INTs in 3 AFC Title games as acceptable play from him.

No more excuses. You're all out of them.  All of you are.  I've never seen a team win a SB with crappy or barely mediocre QB play unless you're Ben Roethlisberger in 2005 with creepy officiating.

Why hasn't the greatest GM of all time moved on from this crappy QB sometime in the last 6 years? BB replaced Bledsoe with Brady and realizes Brady is his best chance of winning. But you apparently know more than Bill?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

Every FA they targeted, which was really only LLoyd, since the team was built already through the draft and internal development (Woodhead, Connolly, Wendell, Nink, Arrington, etc), was captured under team friendly money. Lloyd knew the system, had nowhere else to go and clearly outperformed his contract even with some mininmal dead money this year.

Lloyd's dead money this year against the cap is $3.5 million. That's a little more than minimal. The Pats would have had less of a cap hit this year if they had kept him on the roster.

How did he outperform his contract?

The market for that production is set by Miami with Mike Wallace at 13 million per. That's how.

ALso, Dobson, Edelman and Thompkins make up about 3.5 million in salary. That's 3 players who are producing well.

Umm, so that means Lloyd's 3.5 million on the books, if that is even accurate, has ZERO effect.

BB signed exactly the FAs he wanted to sign this offseason. Period.  I don't care who it was, Svitek, Kelly, Edelman, Arrington, Talib, Amendola, etc.

None of this supposed scary dead money affected the team. End of story.

PLease get to a college when you can.

Last to first: 

Been to college.

Dead money any year against the salary cap affects the team from either adding players or extending contracts of current players on the team.

I can post Lloyd's salary cap hit for 2013 if you really need to see it.

Miami signed Wallace to a stupid contract. What does that have to do with Lloyd's contract? BB thought so little of Lloyd after the 2012 season that it's actually costing the Pats more by not having him on the team for 2013.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

1985 Broncos

2008 Patriots

Put up or shut up liar.

You can cut and paste the schedule.

In 2008, Miami (2x), SD, Colts, Steelers (SB), Cardinals (SB) - 6 games, 5 teams who made the playoffs. I could literally go down every schedule and do the same thing with Brady under center instead of Cassel, too.

Do you know how hard it is to play back to back games on the west coast, TWICE in a season?

You put up or shut up. I've lied about nothing.

I have put up dumbkoff. You're the one who refuses to name the teams with winning records that they didn't lose to.

Since you're too dishonest to name them, I will.

The Cardinals. That's it, and they played us away after they clinched and a win would in no way have helped them.

One fourth of the schedule was against teams with a combined 13-51 record!

Another day, another bludgeoning of the lying Village Imbecile. LMAO@U

All their losses occurred earlier in the year minus that OT loss to the Jets.  

How about that week 13 - 33-10 trouncing at the hands of the Steelers, liar?

Go take a nap. It's the only time you don't lie.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Ocho Cinco...traded a 5 and a six for him, then acquired his remaining three years 18 million.

Jonathan Fanene. Cincy laughed as we signed him to a 3 year 12 million dollar deal. They laughed harder when he went home crying, never to be seen again.

Leigh Bodden. 25 million dollar deal. Never made it past his second year into it.

Fred Taylor. 12 million dollar deal. Played four games.

Shaun Ellis. 2 years 8 million. Was supposed to replace Seymore. Instead he literally crapped his pants every Sunday in front of 60k people.

Kyle Arrington. 3 years 12 million

Danny Amendola. 30 million dollar contract

Brandon Llyod. What was it? 15 million

Sciancoe and Fells. 5 million between the both of them...neither one did anything.

Adalious Thomas. 33 million

Mike Wright. 8 million

Aaron Hernandez. 45 million...turned out to be Dexter Morgan

Holt, Galloway, Gaffney, Stallworth. 6 million. Not a single one could even stand on their own two legs.

Robert Gallery, Joseph Addai, Marcus Stroud. What did they cost? Doesn't matter...not a single one of them made it past two days in training camp!

Adrian Wilson. Gave him a 1.5 million dollar retirement gift. Gave one to John Lynch too.

Albert Heynesworth. 2 years 5 million. They had to dress him up and drive him to his court appearances. Then he tried to punch Pepper Johnson in the face. See yeah later'

There is more, but I have to go shopping:(.  Too bad the Patriots didn't do a little better shopping when we had 5 years of salary cap space and a huge window of opportunity...more draft picks than anyone, etc. we were set up for the future, etc...we were smarter than everyone else.

The warnings were out people!

Amazing how a team could ever over come all of those franchise crippling acquisitions.  Oh, maybe these guys helped. 

Brady

Seymour

Wilfork

Warren

Ted Washington

Light

Kazcur

Neal

Koppen

Branch

Givens

Graham

Antowoin smith

Corey Dillion

Patton

Marc edwards

Evans

Colvin

Rodney harrison

Vrabel

Asante samuel

Ty poole

T-Buck

Randy Moss

Dante stalworth

Jabar gaffney

Logan Mankins

Wes welker

Jerod mayo

Gronkowski

Aaron hernandez

Bjge( guy made 700k to run for 1,800 yards and 24 tds in 2 seasons)

Stevan ridley

Shane vareen

Danny woodhead

Brandon Spikes

Kyle arrington

Sebastian volmer

Nate solder

Marcus cannon

Rob Ninkovich

Aquib Talib

Devin Mccourty

Dennard

Hightower

Chandler Jones

Julian edelman

Jamie collins

Logan ryan

Duron harmon

Matthew slater

Nate ebner

I wonder if every team has lists of players who made it and didn't. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts