Patriots Current draft spots for 2011 draft...how many & which ones will Bill turn into 2012 picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Patriots Current draft spots for 2011 draft...how many & which ones will Bill turn into 2012 picks

2-1sts(seymoure  to Raiders)
    2-2nds(trade from Carolina for our 2010 3rd)
    2-3rds( Moss to Vikes)
    1-4th
    1-5th
    1-6th(from Saints for Dave Thomas 2 years ago)

Pats gave up 4th they got from Denver to Seattle for Branch

Pats gave up their 6th rounder to denver as part of Maroney deal for their 4th

Pats gave up their 7th rounder to Atlanta for Quinn Ojinnaka

Pats also owe KC an unknown conditional draft pick for Jarrod Page

Pats have tons of depth & aren't currently in need of a lot of late round picks this year....I'm guessing Bill will make the followin draft manuvers....

1) trade OUR 1st for someone elses 1st next year & their 3rd this year
    2)trade OUR 2nd for someone elses 2nd next year & their 4th this year
    3) trade OUR 3rd & OUR 4th for someones 2nd next year

Because OUR picks will be late or last in each of those rounds the trade value sounds fair & reasonable & I'm guessing they will be made to teams that placed poorly this year & don't want to wait till next year to get some new & much needed talent on their rosters....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Patriots Current draft spots for 2011 draft...how many & which ones will Bill turn them into 2012 picks

Hope they trade the 3th, 4th, 5th round picks for moving up this year or higher picks in 2012

We have no idea what BB will do....

The mock drafts very rarely ever pick correctly what the Patriots will do.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

Re: Patriots Current draft spots for 2011 draft...how many & which ones will Bill turn them into 2012 picks

Bigger question is how many roster spots will the Pats have after this year.  Assume Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris will be gone.  Neil might retire.  Faulk is questionable.  They will get Ty Warren back and Boddin back.  I think the Pats might only have room to add 6 rookies so I do agree they will trade picks to move up or for picks next year.  Looking over the roster and figuring out who will be cut, retire or not resigned is a good start to figure out what the Pats will do with the number of picks they have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Current draft spots for 2011 draft...how many & which ones will Bill turn them into 2012 picks:
    [QUOTE]Bigger question is how many roster spots will the Pats have after this year.  Assume Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris will be gone.  Neil might retire.  Faulk is questionable.  They will get Ty Warren back and Boddin back.  I think the Pats might only have room to add 6 rookies so I do agree they will trade picks to move up or for picks next year.  Looking over the roster and figuring out who will be cut, retire or not resigned is a good start to figure out what the Pats will do with the number of picks they have.
    Posted by ItsPat[/QUOTE]

Looking over the roster and figuring out who will be cut, retire or not resigned is a good start to figure out what the Pats will do with the number of picks they have.

I agree....Hopefully those retiring will decide during the offseason, not at the start or during training camp!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

With depth or not we'll still have 80 guys in camp. No matter how many guys we pick their not guranteed to make it from any round. I'd like to use our 3rd round picks if theres some good talent left. ie running backs receivers cover safety

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Current draft spots for 2011 draft...how many & which ones will Bill turn them into 2012 picks:
    [QUOTE]Bigger question is how many roster spots will the Pats have after this year.  Assume Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris will be gone.  Neil might retire.  Faulk is questionable.  They will get Ty Warren back and Boddin back.  I think the Pats might only have room to add 6 rookies so I do agree they will trade picks to move up or for picks next year.  Looking over the roster and figuring out who will be cut, retire or not resigned is a good start to figure out what the Pats will do with the number of picks they have.
    Posted by ItsPat[/QUOTE] Here's a list of IR players who will be returning next season in hopes of getting work with the Patriots in 2011: Gostkowski,Wilhite,McGowan,Lockett,Kaczur,Neal,Bodden,Barrett,Richard,Weston,Jenkins and Faulk and I'm sure I may have missed a couple more. Add these guys in with the draft choices in just the first three round and that would be 17-18 players in addition to the players presently playing for the
    Patriots and you have a full squad already at your disposal plus the 6 guys you have on the PS...the total number of players who the Patriots would be bringing in at 75 players without rounds 4-7 and any compensation picks or additional UDFA's which BB really likes...I guess they can afford to trade off a few of these picks.

Sections
Shortcuts