Patriots Currently Last In Red Zone Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Patriots Currently Last In Red Zone Offense

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130925-patriots-journal-brady-eyes-better-execution-in-the-red-zone.ece

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Patriots Currently Last In Red Zone Offense

This should be the expected outcome at the beginning of a season with a whole new receiving corp. Red zone offense relies heavily on timing and familiarity due to so many bodies in such a small area. Once that familiarity developes, they won't be last anymore!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

We will have a huge boost in the Red zone with GRONK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's a combo of issues imo:

1. Without the TE's they don't have the big targets for Brady to toss too
    2. They don't trust the running game against a stacked line
    3. The rooks and Edelman have a hard time finding the open spots in the coverage on short field
    4. The D not having to fear the run game or TE's in the RZ have free rain to load up and go after Brady. Without the WRs abilities to find the soft spots quickly it leads to a no win situation for Brady

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, no sugar-coating it to this point.  Our offense in the Red Zone has been really bad so far.  The biggest problem is that we haven't been able to run the ball down there close to the end zone, but to be fair Brady has missed on several throws as well.  The good news?  We're still 3-0 and there is no where to go but up as far as Red Zone efficiency.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

We will have a huge boost in the Red zone with GRONK

No doubt.  Add Amendola to the mix in just a couple of weeks (I hope).  I won't be surprised to see the lid blow off of this offense, once these guys are back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Brady has been off in the red zone but that is to be expected working in these new guys.  It will get better as the season progresses especially with Gronk and Amendola returning.  Gronk is a red zone warrior.  We need him back!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Brady has been off in the red zone but that is to be expected working in these new guys.  It will get better as the season progresses especially with Gronk and Amendola returning.  Gronk is a red zone warrior.  We need him back!

My expectations are in line with yours - let's hope we are right!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Too many new guys in skill positions.  I thought it would be better than this though.  The good thing is I don't think it could get worse.  Gronk will loosen up things for sure.  The new WRs looked better against Tampa and they have a pretty good defensive backfield.  They have shown that they can get open which is more than the Pats have had in the past couple of years.  Lots of typical rookie mistakes that will slowly go away as the season progresses. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I heard a stat last night on the way home listening to the radio. No not fegler and mazz rusty!

They said Gronk leads the league in redzone TDs in the past 3 years and thats including EVERY skill position. I wanna say he has 30 and the next closest is 21!

Other than that, early in the seaon with 70% new cast it was to be expected. I would bet that Brady goes the rest of the season without fumbling on the one yard line again and I would also bet he doesnt throw a redzone INT right into a defenders hands. Those were very rare occurances and likely not to be seen again. It should improve and it gives them a reason to keep working hard at it. That # should steadily rise weekly, but if it doesnt, our D needs to step up in those games and hold to FGs

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I heard a stat last night on the way home listening to the radio. No not fegler and mazz rusty!

They said Gronk leads the league in redzone TDs in the past 3 years and thats including EVERY skill position. I wanna say he has 30 and the next closest is 21!

Other than that, early in the seaon with 70% new cast it was to be expected. I would bet that Brady goes the rest of the season without fumbling on the one yard line again and I would also bet he doesnt throw a redzone INT right into a defenders hands. Those were very rare occurances and likely not to be seen again. It should improve and it gives them a reason to keep working hard at it. That # should steadily rise weekly, but if it doesnt, our D needs to step up in those games and hold to FGs

when is he due back? by game 6?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

He might be back this Sunday.  I expect for sure at Cincy next weekend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The sooner the better but under no circumstances before he is truly medically cleared and ready.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In other news I did see the comcast sports that they confirmed the forearm still being an issue. Im worried about it a little unless the Pats are putting them out as smokescreens

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's was inactive.....

Sorry couldn't resist

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

The sooner the better but under no circumstances before he is truly medically cleared and ready.

[/QUOTE]

I would have been ok with him being PUP'd.  But I'm not the coach!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's was inactive.....

Sorry couldn't resist

[/QUOTE]

+1

Sections
Shortcuts