Patriots Currently The Best In The AFC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Patriots Currently The Best In The AFC?

http://nesn.com/2013/11/patriots-should-be-considered-best-team-in-afc-after-comeback-victory-over-broncos/

True, not true after comeback victory?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Patriots Currently The Best In The AFC?

Best in the NFL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Well, considering the source of the article, some regional bias here?  The Pats are in the discussion, though.  If there is a chink in the armor..  the defense with all those injuries.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Well, considering the source of the article, some regional bias here?  The Pats are in the discussion, though.  If there is a chink in the armor..  the defense with all those injuries.

Agreed.  Good team but not great...yet.  The DL is suspect with the run (other teams will expose that) unless the Pats shore it up.  If Denver's Offense is elite but their D isn't even close to that - and if D wins championships - then what?   Either the Broncs, Pats, Cheifs or Bengals will advance to the AFC title game, in my opinion.  I hope its the Patriots, but the D?? Sometimes it's surprisingly good and even great and at other times...they can seem to cover a flea or stop a nosebleed.  Maybe with all the bodies back next year (and staying healthy) and with VJack in the WR position along with the others...we're unbeatable.  I don't know?   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

This just in... a team that can't stop the run cannot be the best team in a conference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

This just in... a team that can't stop the run cannot be the best team in a conference.

I abused you in the other thread about this tool. Are all jests fans as stupid as you?? BB's gameplan was to give them the run and stop all-world Peyton Manning! Did it work? You be the judge! WE WONTHE GAME AND YOUR PATHETIC TEAM LOST AGAIN! I will let the Brncos have 300 yards rushing if we keep the ball out of Saint Pyetons hands and we win the game! LOL what a no nothing tool you are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

a team that can not beat the patriots when they are handed 24 points....can not be the best team in the nfl

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

It was so ridiculously clear that they were conceding the run with the cover-2 shell (Talib admitted to it after the game) that it's hilarious that you couldn't figure that out. If I'm not mistaken, the "Nickel" is meant to give the other team 5 yards, just as the "dime" is used to give up 10 yards, but hopefully not more. The Pats were playing the nickel with two cover linebackers in the game (Fletcher and Collins), and without their run-stuffing DT (Sopoaga). 

Nice try.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Really?  The Pats in that game were focused on stopping the run?  NOT!!  Watch the game..  it was a defensive strategy resulting in holding Peyton Manning to his lowest passing output of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Good point but not true, every team is flawed, and this is passing league.  We just beat one of the best teams in the NFL after NOT stopping the run and we're 2nd in playoff seatings.  The jets are outstanding against the run, have a bad record and will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Right now the Pats are the best team in the AFC.. But who cares..  It's all about how you play in the playoffs. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAGUAR23. Show JAGUAR23's posts

TURNOVERS

WHY IS IT WHEN THE PATRIOTS WENT INTO THE LOCKER ROOM AT HALFTIME 24-0 THE CRITICS CONDEMED. BUT WHEN OUR DEFENSE STEPPED UP AND CREATED 3 TURNOVERS WE WERE NOT EVEN APPLAUDED.

PEYTON CANT PLAY IN THE COLD AND  WELKERS WHY WE WON FAULT.. HA HA HA

BILL STEPPED UP IN THE LOCKER ROOM WITH A GAME PLAN, DEFENSE EXUCUTED AND THE OFFENSE WAS ON FIRE.

LET THAT BE THE REASON, HATERS..... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

The pats with Wilfolk, Kelly, Mayo, Volmer, gronk, vereen, and all palyeying as they have this year is the best team in the league.  With half those guys gone for the year...they are in the top 6 for sure:

Denver

KC

Seattle

Pats

Carolina

New Orleans

in no particular order.  Home Field, weather, and injuries probably will determine who wins, as these guys are all pretty close in my opinion.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

It was so ridiculously clear that they were conceding the run with the cover-2 shell (Talib admitted to it after the game) that it's hilarious that you couldn't figure that out. If I'm not mistaken, the "Nickel" is meant to give the other team 5 yards, just as the "dime" is used to give up 10 yards, but hopefully not more. The Pats were playing the nickel with two cover linebackers in the game (Fletcher and Collins), and without their run-stuffing DT (Sopoaga). 

Nice try.

The Pats are the 2nd WORST team in the NFL in rushing defense this season.  Not Monday night - this season.  So the point made in the OP is 100% valid. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

True

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

So long as we get home field advantage ranking hardly matters.  I have been impressed with the magic this team creates; always finding ways to win no matter if it is pretty or not.  This team has holes and this team can be beat on any given sunday but they consistently win more coin flips than not.  I have enjoyed watching this team more than any Pat's team in the last decade.  I love the grind out wins, they make you stronger.  This team is battle tested and stronger mentally vs past super bowl years when we lost.

It took little yellow flags to beat this team's heart, but otherwise I feel like they can go head to head with anyone and win.  The run defense tells me we match up poorly with teams with a strong running QB and running game. If teams can game plan for that, we can be beat... but until a guy out coaches Bill I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt to adjust his game plan.  Carolina limited the times Brady was on the field and others will try to follow.

That said I would rather be bad against the run in today's game than when we were terrible vs the pass.  The rest of the team is in beast mode though!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Also #4 in power rankings ahead of donkos and Chiefs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/26/week-12-power-rankings-4/

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Perhaps. But more important than stopping the run is actually scoring more points than your opponents. 5-6 proves that. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

So long as we get home field advantage ranking hardly matters.  I have been impressed with the magic this team; always finding ways to win no matter if it is pretty or not.  This team has holes and this team can be beat on any given sunday but they consistently win more coin flips than not.  I have enjoyed watching this team more than any Pat's team in the last decade.  I love the grind out wins, they make you stronger.  This team is battle tested and stronger mentally vs past super bowl years when we lost.

It took little yellow flags to beat this team's heart, but otherwise I feel like they can go head to head with anyone and win.  The run defense tells me we match up poorly with teams with a strong running QB and running game. If teams can game plan for that, we can be beat... but until a guy out coaches Bill I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt to adjust his game plan.  Carolina limited the times Brady was on the field and others will try to follow.

That said I would rather be bad against the run in today's game than when we were terrible vs the pass.  The rest of the team is in beast mode though!

Good post. Welcome to the board. We need more fans like this. Watch out for the board trolls and the Brady Ball Washers. They converge and swarm like larvae.

Yeah the bickering can be annoying at times... it's all good.  Same chit on most boards... take the good with the bad

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Perhaps. But more important than stopping the run is actually scoring more points than your opponents. 5-6 proves that. 

We stopped the run vs Pitt and Carolina.  Sopoaga has helped at the trade deadline. He is swallowing up blockers and taking up space down the middle.

Besides the RBs we might face in the postseason aren't even good. Trent Richardson sucks and is a bust. Denver can't run very well, Baltimore has a struggling run game, etc.

KC has the best run game with Charles.

Seattle worries me most, balanced team, good QB who can move, good strong runner & a top defense... and a steady drug supply apparently.  

Sections
Shortcuts