Patriots D in a nutshell so far...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Patriots D in a nutshell so far...

From Reiss:

Defense delivers: For the third week in a row, the Patriots' defense has been tough to crack. The unit had three fourth-down stops against the Buccaneers, which were essentially three turnovers, and added the Talib interception. They came up with the key stop in a 23-21 season-opening win over the Buffalo Bills, then held down the New York Jets in a 13-10 victory last Thursday. As the offense still works to find a more consistent groove, the defense has picked up the slack in a big way. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Patriots D in a nutshell so far...

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

I want too see the Pats D against Atlanta and New Orleans.  If they can shut them down like they have against the bucs, bills, and Jets, then I'll be a believer in the Pats D on a championship level. 

I don't think any team can truly 'shut' these teams down.  It happens but If they con contain them, get off the field on third downs, and make big plays at crutial times... that's what I need to see.  If these teams score in the teens or Pats D holds them off when it counts, that's all you can ask for against these teams.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I want too see the Pats D against Atlanta and New Orleans.  If they can shut them down like they have against the bucs, bills, and Jets, then I'll be a believer in the Pats D on a championship level. 

Exactly. So far they have faced the scrum of the earth.

Does anyone think Manning, Brees and Ryan are going to go 19/41 or even close to that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

"shut them down"?

So, when we won ini Indy in November of 2003, giving up 30+ points on D, did you say the same thing then? And, that was an easier era to play D in, too.

Go away, little tool. No one likes you unless they are a troll.

[/QUOTE]
    hey harv , easy does it, we beat 3 lousy sh*tbum teams, i too want to see how we handle greater competition, doesn't make me a troll , why would you of all people tell someone " no one likes you", how old are you, 12?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Okay... how many Ds will actually "shut down" Ryan, Brees or Manning? I think expecting ATL to be held down to 3 points is stupidity.

So what's a more realistic criteria?

The top 9 scoring Ds have held their opponents down to 17 or fewer points. ATL averages 24 pts a game (17 and 31). Holding ATL down around 21 would be a good defensive effort.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

NO, DH wall banger.  I'm saying they won't (not even close) because they will actually be playing a NFL offense.  Last 3 weeks, not so much.

I don't think any team can truly 'shut' these teams down.  It happens but If they con contain them, get off the field on third downs, and make big plays at crutial times... that's what I need to see.  If these teams score in the teens or Pats D holds them off when it counts, that's all you can ask for against these teams.  

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That little toad is using this "shut them down" routine to continue to troll.

Pezzy is doing it too by proclaiming the D has to hold RYan or Brees to 50% passing.

They always try to strive to find a troll angle in order to deflect from Brady accountability, as they rave about Brady's HOF resume.

Does anyone think Saints fans feel, going into a game, that Brees can be mediocre or bad and that's good thing?

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

All good signs. Playing against explosive offenses in the next weeks will be great for their further development. If they can hold the next 3 teams to under 21 points each  that will be a good effort.  Certainly, that will leave it in the offenses hands to win or lose. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to creationismsucs' comment:

In response to patriotrain's comment:

"shut them down"?

So, when we won ini Indy in November of 2003, giving up 30+ points on D, did you say the same thing then? And, that was an easier era to play D in, too.

Go away, little tool. No one likes you unless they are a troll.

hey harv , easy does it, we beat 3 lousy sh*tbum teams, i too want to see how we handle greater competition, doesn't make me a troll , why would you of all people tell someone " no one likes you", how old are you, 12?

Phat virgin/Bustchise/section136/fatsam/whodeawhodat/Bungalo Bill/patriot rain...all the same moron, who troll for the same team, the NY Jets who SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

COMPLETELY OWNED!!!!

how did you ever confuse me with buttcheese? i guess the moron is you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Okay... how many Ds will actually "shut down" Ryan, Brees or Manning? I think expecting ATL to be held down to 3 points is stupidity.

The top 9 scoring Ds have held their opponents down to 17 or fewer points. ATL averages 24 pts a game (17 and 31). Holding ATL down around 21 would be a good defensive effort.

Try to understand.  The Point is, they have not been tested.

That is about to happen.  We will see the real deal then.

Stupidity, is not recognizing  this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the question next week will be can the pats O score any points, not so much about the D stopping atlanta

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think they've been very solid against three crap offenses, which is way more than you could of said at ths the last year. Talib helps...Dennard too, we'll find out soon enough what they are made of in the coming weeks. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think they've been very solid against three crap offenses, which is way more than you could of said at ths the last year. Talib helps...Dennard too, we'll find out soon enough what they are made of in the coming weeks. 

That's not even fair because Carolina just hung 38 on the Giants.. I didn't see the highlights but teams have big games.  It happens...  

Pats D has given up 3 TD's I believe in 3 weeks!... that's impressive no matter the competition.  This is the NFL.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

It's that little dweeby dork's way of trolling.   He now is demanding a "shut down" D vs Atl or NOs as a precursor to absolve Brady in case Brady sucks against two mediocre Ds.

It's what the trolls do. They like to plant seeds, so they can go back later and plop them into a future troll post.

[/QUOTE]

Not demanding anything.

Just know in the past 3 weeks, there have been some good but there have also been QB's missing their receivers by light years with no defenders in the picture, lots of drops and in the case of the bills, all of the above to include 13 Bill's penalties to either kill their drives or extend ours.

Those things aren't going to happen in the next 3 weeks.  Bet on it.

No one is mentioning Brady except your obsessive azz.  Can U even get through 1 freaken thread, about the weather, without doing so?  Sick, sick, sick, child!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to patriotrain's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the question next week will be can the pats O score any points, not so much about the D stopping atlanta

[/QUOTE]

The question is both.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree, they have looked better this year then last, but we were expecting that.  I didn't like how Dennard or Arrington looked today.  Happy with the rest of the D.  Still worried about Gregory too.  Next 3 weeks will be the test, looking forward to those games.  We should have a much better feel for the D after those games.  So far so good!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree, they have looked better this year then last, but we were expecting that.  I didn't like how Dennard or Arrington looked today.  Happy with the rest of the D.  Still worried about Gregory too.  Next 3 weeks will be the test, looking forward to those games.  We should have a much better feel for the D after those games.  So far so good!

[/QUOTE]

He's looked pretty good so far, no?????????????  he came up with big stops the last 2 weeks. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's that little dweeby dork's way of trolling.   He now is demanding a "shut down" D vs Atl or NOs as a precursor to absolve Brady in case Brady sucks against two mediocre Ds.

It's what the trolls do. They like to plant seeds, so they can go back later and plop them into a future troll post.

[/QUOTE]

Not demanding anything.

Just know in the past 3 weeks, there have been some good but there have also been QB's missing their receivers by light years with no defenders in the picture, lots of drops and in the case of the bills, all of the above to include 13 Bill's penalties to either kill their drives or extend ours.

No one is mentioning Brady except your obsessive azz.  Can U even get through 1 freaken thread, about the weather, without doing so?  Sick, sick, sick, child!

[/QUOTE]

Admit Brady has to improve and this discussion can end.  Right now, he's not an elite QB in this league.

Brees, Gomie, etc, all better right now.

[/QUOTE]

You can talk to yourself all day and all night for all I care.  What else is new?

Brady will improve as his BRAND NEW offense improves.  Admit you don't understand the game.  Never mind, you just did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Not demanding anything.

Admit Brady has to improve and this discussion can end.  Right now, he's not an elite QB in this league.

Brees, Gomie, etc, all better right now.

You can talk to yourself all day and all night for all I care.  What else is new?

Brady will improve as his BRAND NEW offense improves.  Admit you don't understand the game.  Never mind, you just did.

Did you see Brady miss two WRs deep when he missed Sudfeld, his 1st read, in coverage?

That has nothing to do with Brady bringing along some rookies.

You can talk all day to your Brady dolls, but it won't change that kind of a fact. Brady needs to pick it up. If craps his pants next Sunday, we'll lose on the road.

Understandable timing will be off with a BRAND NEW OFFENSE.  Sudfeld wrong place, wrong time.

You do understand that even the best QB's miss 35% of their passes, right?  They're called in completions and all QB's have them.

No, of course you don't.. That would require knowledge of the game.

How silly of me to ask.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

That's not even fair because Carolina just hung 38 on the Giants.. I didn't see the highlights but teams have big games.  It happens...  

Pats D has given up 3 TD's I believe in 3 weeks!... that's impressive no matter the competition.  This is the NFL.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I think the D looks good so far. I expect the D to hold ATL to about 24 points. At which point the question will be can the offense keep up. It would be nice to have lead going into the 2nd half. There are players who are playing good on the pass D that aren't the usual suspects (Talib, McCourty, Dennard being the usual suspects); namely Hightower, Mayo and at times Spikes. This game reminded me of the Dillon era; get a lead run more. When Gronk and Amendola are back the offense should be markedly better; you can run the ball and set up the play action just like old times. The D gets the first big test against Hotlanta.....we could see ATL without Jackson, Jones or White. Pittsburgh is playing for pride......could be a bruising affair.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

My mistake the Falcons are playing Miami. Still should be tough game for Pats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Oh, THAT PLAY.  Yes that was bad and uncharacteristic.  Unfortunately, even the best have brain f@rts.   It's part of that 35% in completion thing.  Saw Brees and Rogers miss wide open guys too.  Maybe you missed those?

Certainly, they don't suck either.  Do they?