Patriots D in a nutshell so far...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Re: Patriots D in a nutshell so far...

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Okay... how many Ds will actually "shut down" Ryan, Brees or Manning? I think expecting ATL to be held down to 3 points is stupidity.

So what's a more realistic criteria?

The top 9 scoring Ds have held their opponents down to 17 or fewer points. ATL averages 24 pts a game (17 and 31). Holding ATL down around 21 would be a good defensive effort.

I agree with this. I would consider holding Atlanta, NO and Denver to under 21 a good defensive effort...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

All I want to see is for them to make at least one of those QBs look uncomfortable. '

Holding these guys to under 300 passing yards in this league is pretty damn hard. Sub 60 completion percentage, sub 7.0 y/a would be considered a victory to me.

And doing that to one of Brees, Ryan, and Manning may be enough for me....Just need to show that we're at least capable of slowing a top tier QB. Containing all three is would be a longshot for any team except maybe SEA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Pats D has done a most respectable job thus far albeit against teams that aren't particularly good.  Atlanta and New Orleans will be tests to be sure but I think it truly is a bit much to expect any team to shut down either of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Once again, Rusty derails EVERY SINGLE THREAD with his personal attacks and spam replies. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

Once again, Rusty derails EVERY SINGLE THREAD with his personal attacks and spam replies. 

spot on. Dooshly aka Harvey Ballsuccah. Certifiably a whacko!!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

LMAO

He still can't figure it out, folks.^^^

Absolutely priceless.

Oh?  I figured it (you) out a long time ago.

Troll, brady basher.  That's all we need to know.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think they've been very solid against three crap offenses, which is way more than you could of said at ths the last year. Talib helps...Dennard too, we'll find out soon enough what they are made of in the coming weeks. 

I agree, they have looked better this year then last, but we were expecting that.  I didn't like how Dennard or Arrington looked today.  Happy with the rest of the D.  Still worried about Gregory too.  Next 3 weeks will be the test, looking forward to those games.  We should have a much better feel for the D after those games.  So far so good!

but we were expecting that.  I

You were expecting that. This is the NFL any team can win.

Great team win today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The O didn't win and the D didn't win, THE TEAM DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Okay... how many Ds will actually "shut down" Ryan, Brees or Manning? I think expecting ATL to be held down to 3 points is stupidity.

So what's a more realistic criteria?

The top 9 scoring Ds have held their opponents down to 17 or fewer points. ATL averages 24 pts a game (17 and 31). Holding ATL down around 21 would be a good defensive effort.

It's that little dweeby dork's way of trolling.   He now is demanding a "shut down" D vs Atl or NOs as a precursor to absolve Brady in case Brady sucks against two mediocre Ds.

It's what the trolls do. They like to plant seeds, so they can go back later and plop them into a future troll post.

Not demanding anything.

Just know in the past 3 weeks, there have been some good but there have also been QB's missing their receivers by light years with no defenders in the picture, lots of drops and in the case of the bills, all of the above to include 13 Bill's penalties to either kill their drives or extend ours.

Those things aren't going to happen in the next 3 weeks.  Bet on it.

No one is mentioning Brady except your obsessive azz.  Can U even get through 1 freaken thread, about the weather, without doing so?  Sick, sick, sick, child!

Admit Brady has to improve and this discussion can end.  Right now, he's not an elite QB in this league.

Brees, Gomie, etc, all better right now.

You can talk to yourself all day and all night for all I care.  What else is new?

Brady will improve as his BRAND NEW offense improves.  Admit you don't understand the game.  Never mind, you just did.

Did you see Brady miss two WRs deep when he missed Sudfeld, his 1st read, in coverage?

That has nothing to do with Brady bringing along some rookies.

You can talk all day to your Brady dolls, but it won't change that kind of a fact. Brady needs to pick it up. If craps his pants next Sunday, we'll lose on the road.

Understandable timing will be off with a BRAND NEW OFFENSE.  Sudfeld wrong place, wrong time.

You do understand that even the best QB's miss 35% of their passes, right?  They're called in completions and all QB's have them.

No, of course you don't.. That would require knowledge of the game.

How silly of me to ask.

DUMMY,

He threw to Sudfeld in the seam with TWO WRs, his choice, WIDE OPEN, deep. This has nothing to do with an incompletion but DECISION MAKING from Brady.

Mark Sanchez would have picked one of the two WRs and gotten a TD there. Please watch the games.

Even the commentators were borderline speechless.

You are one of a kind. Brady is the best quarterback you have ever seen in your life. More  than likely the best you will ever see. To be sure.. he is not infallible. Nor is BB. No one is. You are very Napoleon complex-esque about Brady. Why? You would be a fascinating case study. It's obvious even to the untrained eye it's deeply rooted. You are now to the point where any compliment of Brady is a personal affront. Very intriguing Indeed.

Sections
Shortcuts