Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7

The D manned up for 53 minutes, but let the Giants back on top on their second to last possession, and gave the Giants a gift at the end of the game.

I don't blame the D tho. The offense and special teams had a terrible first half. The lousy field position didn't help any.

Brady had a terrible first half, good second half. He need to go back to basics: looking off his intended targets, pump fakes, throwing the ball away instead of forcing the pass.

Ocho needs to go. Done with him.

The Jets helped the Patriots by beating the Bills. The Patriots failed to help themselves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7

You really can't blame the defense. They committed some stupid penalties, but yet again Eli Manning got away with numerous terrible throws, only to have his receiver bail him out when it matters most.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7:
    [QUOTE]The D manned up for 53 minutes, but let the Giants back on top on their second to last possession, and gave the Giants a gift at the end of the game. I don't blame the D tho. The offense and special teams had a terrible first half. The lousy field position didn't help any. Brady had a terrible first half, good second half. He need to go back to basics: looking off his intended targets, pump fakes, throwing the ball away instead of forcing the pass. Ocho needs to go. Done with him. The Jets helped the Patriots by beating the Bills. The Patriots failed to help themselves.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

This is just like last week. Plenty of blame to go around. The "D" played a great first half, and a miserable second half. The offense was terrible in the first half, and great in the second half. 

The special teams let this one go AGAIN as well. A fumble AND another missed FG.

This team is in mild disarray. They REALLY need to right the ship before next week. It's the toughest game remaining on the schedule. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Can't blame D.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7:
    [QUOTE]Can't blame D.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Definitely not. The silver lining is the D played much better than last week.  I liked the aggressiveness they showed at times - then they backed off the last 7 minutes. I blame that on coaching

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7:
    [QUOTE]The D was outstanding. I don't expect my D to be flawless over and over and over like that. You just can't. If it's not 3 and out and INTs by Brady, it's poor executon with crappy throws, dropped balls, etc. We have problem with Brady and O'Brien. It's the elephant in the room. We know it. ' The D is a convenient scapegoat.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    Laughing
    OMG, i agree with you....lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the D started to fall apart after spikes got injured. he was having a big impact on the game. haynesworth was also getting some good push in the pocket but he wasnt out there in the 2nd half from what i saw. dont know if it was an injury. but the loss of spikes was huge. 
    but in the end this secondary blew it, just like they will continue to do. worst collection of corners and safeties in the league. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]the D started to fall apart after spikes got injured. he was having a big impact on the game. haynesworth was also getting some good push in the pocket but he wasnt out there in the 2nd half from what i saw. dont know if it was an injury. but the loss of spikes was huge.  but in the end this secondary blew it, just like they will continue to do. worst collection of corners and safeties in the league. 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't mind watching the last 7 minutes of the game again, but it seemed like the D just backed off on the pressure - when they should have turned it up a notch. Someone got TIVO that can look at the defensive calls?

Right now, i'm thinking it was the coaching...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The D did fold in the endgame. But I can't blame them for this. The whole offense stank except for Welker. They get the loin's share of the blame from me.

BB needs to cut the worthless 85 and the dance floor groper too. They are a waste of space.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Can't blame D.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Umm. Who do you blame for the pass interferences? Our defenders are the worst in the league when it comes to man coverage. They never face the ball, ever. Which means they are getting beat down field. Could they have picked a worse time. 

No team had a right to win that game. Both stunk. But the Pats gifted a win to the Giants. 

But the D are not the only blame. Brady stinks without having a deep threat. The Pats are really missing a guy like Moss or someone who can deliver the ball 2 past 20 yds. 

Speaking of Brady, I am not sure he can deliver the ball anymore. He might be hurt. Underthrowing. Not sure.  

Also, coach BB. He just does not have the edge anymore. His time may have past him by. I just don't have any confidence in him anymore. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7 : Umm.

Our defenders are the worst in the league when it comes to man coverage. They never face the ball, ever. Which means they are getting beat down field. Could they have picked a worse time.  No team had a right to win that game. Both stunk. But the Pats gifted a win to the Giants.  But the D are not the only blame. Brady stinks without having a deep threat. The Pats are really missing a guy like Moss or someone who can deliver the ball 2 past 20 yds.  Speaking of Brady, I am not sure he can deliver the ball anymore. He might be hurt. Underthrowing. Not sure.   Also, coach BB. He just does not have the edge anymore. His time may have past him by. I just don't have any confidence in him anymore. 
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

The coaching for not blitzing the hell out of them on every down for the last 7 minutes of the game...lol. Yes, that is an exageration. Again, I'd love to see the last 7 minutes again, but maybe it's the coaching that made bad defensive calls over the last 7 minutes and didn't put us in a position to win the game

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]The D was outstanding. I don't expect my D to be flawless over and over and over like that. You just can't. If it's not 3 and out and INTs by Brady, it's poor executon with crappy throws, dropped balls, etc. We have problem with Brady and O'Brien. It's the elephant in the room. We know it. ' The D is a convenient scapegoat.

The D was outstanding???  What the 4th quarter doesnt matter????  Letting a team go right down the field not once but TWICE to score TD's is an outstanding D????  Letting a team go 80 yards in 1:20 secs is outstanding D? Your taking your clown profile to all new levels.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

The irony here is that the offense stunk it up until the game was on the line and then stepped up.  The D kept us in the game the whole way and then choked with the game on the line. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7 : The D was outstanding???  What the 4th quarter doesnt matter????  Letting a team go right down the field not once but TWICE to score TD's is an outstanding D????  Letting a team go 80 yards in 1:20 secs is outstanding D? Your taking your clown profile to all new levels.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Vs. last week, yes....lolLaughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]You really can't blame the defense. They committed some stupid penalties, but yet again Eli Manning got away with numerous terrible throws, only to have his receiver bail him out when it matters most.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

How can't you blame the defense? Just because they play well for 50 minutes of the game, you give them a pass on the Arrington and Brown PI's? Both of those penalties led to TD's.

Arrington's PI may have been questionable, but it is pretty well known that if you make contact in the NFL and don't get your head around...they are going to throw the flag. If Arrington doens't know that yet, he needs to go back to college.

Brady sucked. The offense sucked. But the defense also sucked when it mattered most. It was a collective sucky effort.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]ZBellino is a fraud. There is no way the D played a "miserable" 2nd half. That's utterly ridicuous. For all you dorks hanging on this tool;'s nutsack, here is Exhibit A why he's clueless.

You know, every so often you make some decent points and contribute to the threads, but why the personal attacks? All it does is diminish your respect among your forum peers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Because the d was out there series after series.  and did their job.  series after series.  Yes, I am upset they gave up the TD that lost, but wow, that was after HOW MANY Giant possessions?  Too much time on the field again, and this time it had NOTHING to do with them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

They needed two PI's to beat this defense.

We passed the ball 49 times, 3 INT's, 7 penalties, were averaging 5 yards a carry but only ran it 24 times... figure it out Sherlock, we lost the same exact way in 2007.  What a clueless bunch...

It's the offense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7 : How can't you blame the defense? Just because they play well for 50 minutes of the game, you give them a pass on the Arrington and Brown PI's? Both of those penalties led to TD's. Arrington's PI may have been questionable, but it is pretty well known that if you make contact in the NFL and don't get your head around...they are going to throw the flag. If Arrington doens't know that yet, he needs to go back to college. Brady sucked. The offense sucked. But the defense also sucked when it mattered most. It was a collective sucky effort.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

Because the offense failed to execute in the first half, the INTs and poor special teams play in the first half stunk, and so far, I still the coaching did a bad job the last 7 minutes. I'm stickin to that until someone reviews the last 7 minutes....lol Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtexx. Show rtexx's posts

I replayed it several times, including slow motion.  Arrington did turn his head around.  It was pretty late and the ball was almost there, but he turned it before the ball hit the receivers hands. Should NOT have been called.  I think the refs believe  the Patriots D stinks too, and it is affecting their judgement on huge plays that turn a game around.  On the Brown PI, I have no clue why he ran right into the receiver, yet even there too, the ball wasn't catchable.  Doesn't the rule say on an uncatchable ball, no interferene?  Still, I agree, the Pats stunk up the place, and there was plenty of blame to go around, not just the d backfield.  Only silver lining is, maybe Pats will get it out of their system now instead at the end of the season, and playoffs, last in past years.  Also, the kind of smash mouth football and defensive pressure a team like the Giants employ is a good thing for the Pats to experience.  Hopefully, they learn from it and come up and move forward to achieve success deep into the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7 : Because the offense failed to execute in the first half, the INTs and poor special teams play in the first half stunk, and so far, I still the coaching did a bad job the last 7 minutes. I'm stickin to that until someone reviews the last 7 minutes....lol
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

But Bubba....after the first half, the game was tied. Even with all the bad play, the game was tied. They had the lead in the 4th Q with 1:36 to play and the D gave up a horrible PI when it mattered most. That is hardly getting it done.

I don't disagree that the offense was horrible, but even after all that, we were leading with 1:36 to play. At that point, a championship defense closes the door.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots D Man Up for 53 Minutes - Turned Patsies For Last 7 : You know, every so often you make some decent points and contribute to the threads, but why the personal attacks? All it does is diminish your respect among your forum peers.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

He personally attacks anybody who doesn't agree with him.  Would love to discuss his decent points when he makes them but it's impossible.  How can you have any respect when he degrades everybody.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's all three units.  Rusty is nuts trying to claim the defense is "outstanding" and it's just the offense that's bad.  I agree with Rusty's assessment of the offense to a large degree (and have been making some of the same arguments about over-reliance on shotgun/spread formations and about the lack of a running game for at least a year now).  And today especially, the offense was more of a problem than the defense.  But this defense is definitely not "outstanding." It gives up way too many yards in the passing game.  Sure, the D played pretty well in the first half. But the Giants weren't executing well either.  And in crunch time, the inability to stop the pass hurt us.  Yeah, a few of the PI calls were weak, but that's what happens when you're a step behind your receiver and trying to catch up.  You run into him and can't get turned around and the flag gets thrown.

The LBs are not good in coverage. The corners are a bunch of no names.  And while Chung is a pretty good in-the-box safety, he's not really a great pass defender at safety. Plus we still have a weak pass rush. This team lacks the talent to be a good pass defense team. It can stop the run--it's even good against the run--but it is well below average in pass defense. And that's a big problem in a pass happy league!

Our special teams leave a lot to be desired too.  When was the last time you felt like there was chance we'd break a punt or kick return for a TD.  Sometimes I find myself missing Brandon Tate.  It's that bad . .  .

This team looks like an 8 and 8 team right now.  Not bottom of the league.  But pretty average, with weaknesses on both sides of the ball and very limited weapons.  I wouldn't be surprised if they finish third in the AFC East.  I'll be amazed if they come in first. 

Sections
Shortcuts