Allowed 24 points in week 1
    Allowed 26 points in week 2

New England defense:

Allowed 17 points in week 1
    Allowed 16 points in week 2

San Diego defense:

Allowed 20 points in week 1
    Allowed 31 points in week 2

Defense, if anything, should be getting torched right now and although they've made mistakes at the wrong time, they're still not something to laugh at.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Re: Patriots defense: 17 points in game one and 16 points in game two

Offense has not found there stride yet...D has played well in spurts, and they will improve as the season rolls on.  They need Mayo back, and 2nd half of the year they will be a top 10 defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If not for the 1-1 record and the dismal play of the offense, many fans would be ecstatic at this point given how we felt during the pre-season about this D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

24 pts in week one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots defense: 17 points in game one and 16 points in game two:
    [QUOTE] 24 pts in week one.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

The Defense gave up 17.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Pittsburgh played 2 offenses better than the O's the pats played. 

Baltimore's D really only gave up 10 pts last week.  San Diego's O is elite. 

San Diego's D is not elite. 

Pats O line is showing some issues.  tom Brady as I said is not and will not be fully back for maybe a couple more games.  If the O-line doesn't help, it could be longer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots defense: 17 points in game one and 16 points in game two:
    [QUOTE] tom Brady as I said is not and will not be fully back for maybe a couple more games.  If the O-line doesn't help, it could be longer.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Underdogg,

COMPLETELY agree. Glad someone else realizes that. NFL passing game is about accuracy and timing. Brady is rusty on both counts. You can get improve and work on that in practice but it doesn't really come to fruition until actual snaps in a game. This is a guy that virtually hasn't played football in year. Kind of like a hitter in baseball who comes back from injury....takes time to get his swing and timing back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

He is physically capable, but after an injury like that it is human nature to let your mind play games with you.  With a big pocket, no problem.  A collapsing pocket is a different thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]Pittsburgh played 2 offenses better than the O's the pats played.  Baltimore's D really only gave up 10 pts last week.  San Diego's O is elite.  San Diego's D is not elite.  Pats O line is showing some issues.  tom Brady as I said is not and will not be fully back for maybe a couple more games.  If the O-line doesn't help, it could be longer.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

What was so great about the Titans offense last year? What do we know "yet" about anyone's offense THIS Season? It's week 2. We don't really know for sure yet who's offenses are going to be good this season.

Kudos to you for pointing out what Baltimores D actually gave up as I too was wondering if his examples took into account points given up by offenses of other teams or if he only payed attention to the 7 points the Pats offense gave up in week 1.

The Bottom bottom line is Brady had not been "Brady" in either week, except for about 5 minutes at the end of week 1. He has been "off" the rest of the time.

Give me a break on the offensive line. Brady has thrown 100 attempts and been sacked only "once". Yeah he's been under duress but just watch any number of games last week and this and you'll see that allot around the league except with other teams giving up the actual sacks. Quarterback indecision or line problem on those other teams? Who knows? I don't think you can blame the line right now, they aren't getting beat really on plays where they aren't overloaded. (only when more guys coming than stayed in to protect)

We saw what the Jets D did to Houston and did you see what the Buffalo D did to Tampa bay today? We love to bash our team and forget to tip our hat to other teams for playing well against us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i actually didn't think the o line was that bad today. am i crazy? they faced all kinds of exotic blitzes today and i thought generally did pretty well. it was pretty rare that someone came totally free. brady was always hurried but he pretty much had enough time to get rid of the ball. the problem was that he just wasn't accurate today and it seemed like the receivers weren't getting open (i would love to see terence nunn get a chance over galloway). i think once brady is back in sync he would shred this D with only 4 or 5 guys in coverage.
    it is frustrating that we didn't blitz at all and were giving so much cushion to the jets receivers. if pressure keeps brady from getting comfortable what would it do to a rookie? the lack of pressure is very frustrating. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

That's great and were still .500

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]That's great and were still .500
    Posted by Kmax[/QUOTE]

So is Pittsburgh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots defense: 17 points in game one and 16 points in game two : What was so great about the Titans offense last year? What do we know "yet" about anyone's offense THIS Season? It's week 2. We don't really know for sure yet who's offenses are going to be good this season. Kudos to you for pointing out what Baltimores D actually gave up as I too was wondering if his examples took into account points given up by offenses of other teams or if he only payed attention to the 7 points the Pats offense gave up in week 1. The Bottom bottom line is Brady had not been "Brady" in either week, except for about 5 minutes at the end of week 1. He has been "off" the rest of the time. Give me a break on the offensive line. Brady has thrown 100 attempts and been sacked only "once". Yeah he's been under duress but just watch any number of games last week and this and you'll see that allot around the league except with other teams giving up the actual sacks. Quarterback indecision or line problem on those other teams? Who knows? I don't think you can blame the line right now, they aren't getting beat really on plays where they aren't overloaded. (only when more guys coming than stayed in to protect) We saw what the Jets D did to Houston and did you see what the Buffalo D did to Tampa bay today? We love to bash our team and forget to tip our hat to other teams for playing well against us.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]
    titan's O will be much better this year.  their running game is very solid is a big back and a speedy slick one.  Their passing game has a year under its belt with Kerry Collins who does not get enough credit.  kenny britt is going to be a good wide out.  they have solid TE's.  and a solid o line. 

They are the 0-2 and could just as easily be 2-0.

Brady won't be brady for maybe a couple more weeks, but the pressure is affecting his mind where it wouldn't have in the past (imo).  this is due to getting mentally comfortable with the knee (imo).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Before I get all giddy about our defense, I want to see how they do against the Falcons next week.  After that game I'll form an opinion in my head.  Right now I'm just cautiously optimistic.

A lot of talk about Brady being rusty.  It's pretty darn hard to throw well running for your life.  The FACTS are that his completion % was pretty decent when not under pressure.  His completion % was terrible under pressure.

Quoting Reiss on ESPN:

"According to ESPN's Stats & Information department, Brady faced six or more pass-rushers on 21 pass attempts, and completed less than half of those passes.

When the Jets rushed six or more, Brady was 6-of-21 for 62 yards with one interception. When the Jets rushed five or fewer, Brady was 17-of-26 for 154 yards."

Moral to the story?  A good defense will make an offense and a QB look bad.  Brady wasn't rusty today.  Our O-Line just can't stand up to a good defense.  Perhaps that is unfair.  Perhaps it's not so much the O-Line as it is our handling of blitzes.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

yes we gave up 16,17 pts in two weeks,but we cant get any pressure on the qb,s.plus i hate to say it.the team we played sunday,hasnt allowed a touchdown in two weeks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Before I get all giddy about our defense, I want to see how they do against the Falcons next week.  After that game I'll form an opinion in my head.  Right now I'm just cautiously optimistic. A lot of talk about Brady being rusty.  It's pretty darn hard to throw well running for your life.  The FACTS are that his completion % was pretty decent when not under pressure.  His completion % was terrible under pressure. Quoting Reiss on ESPN: " According to ESPN's Stats & Information department, Brady faced six or more pass-rushers on 21 pass attempts, and completed less than half of those passes. When the Jets rushed six or more, Brady was 6-of-21 for 62 yards with one interception. When the Jets rushed five or fewer, Brady was 17-of-26 for 154 yards." Moral to the story?  A good defense will make an offense and a QB look bad.  Brady wasn't rusty today.  Our O-Line just can't stand up to a good defense.  Perhaps that is unfair.  Perhaps it's not so much the O-Line as it is our handling of blitzes.  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Right on DJ.  See Indianapolis colts vs. new england patriots circa 2001-2005.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

It's a 2 way street, you can't alway's rely on your offense, the D needs to help win too, by making that crucial stop, turning a TD drive into a punt or FG.

Yes, we held them to 16, but I doubt anyone in NY is thanking their offense for winning that game, because it was the D , that held a superior offense to less points. Their D won that game, so as good as ours was, it wasn't good enough in crunch time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Why quibble?, maybe I'm just getting old...Al is starting to sound more rational..JUST WIN

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]It's a 2 way street, you can't alway's rely on your offense, the D needs to help win too, by making that crucial stop, turning a TD drive into a punt or FG. Yes, we held them to 16, but I doubt anyone in NY is thanking their offense for winning that game, because it was the D , that held a superior offense to less points. Their D won that game, so as good as ours was, it wasn't good enough in crunch time.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

This post makes no sense.  Our D turned all their drives except one into a punt or FG, and closed out the game by giving the ball back to Tom twice in the 4th quarter without surrendering any points.  Exactly what was our D supposed to do in crunch time?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots defense: 17 points in game one and 16 points in game two : This post makes no sense.  Our D turned all their drives except one into a punt or FG, and closed out the game by giving the ball back to Tom twice in the 4th quarter without surrendering any points.  Exactly what was our D supposed to do in crunch time?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Exactly right mighty. I think we gave up something like 140 yards passing and 120 on the ground. When crunch time came around we made them punt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

By my count our defense gave our offense at least 4 chances to win that game.  Brady needs time to get his feet back under him but our defense is just fine.

Sections
Shortcuts