Patriots Defense Will Take A Few Weeks To Hit It's Stride....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Patriots Defense Will Take A Few Weeks To Hit It's Stride....

No one panic, we got a lot of new players on that defense.  It will take a few weeks for everyone to get right but I think we'll be a much faster defense than the last couple years, we ran down the running backs on a lot of those sweep runs very nicely.  The key is Mayo, hopefully he doesn't miss time, because right now he's clearly our best defensive player.    

In the long run going young on defense will be the best thing in the world.  Seymour, Harrison, Vrabel, and Bruschi weren't getting any younger or faster. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: Patriots Defense Will Take A Few Weeks To Hit It's Stride....

Our D gave up 17 points, not bad considering Mayo was out. This D won't hit it's stride til week 6.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yup. new scheme and mostly new players. they will be fine, and will get a boost once brace, pryor, and chung are ready to contribute. i was a bit surprised that woods barely got on the field though. i think he will see more action in the next few games. lets just hope that mayo gets back in there soon...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I hope Mayo will not be out to long!!!!!!!

Go Pats!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

like i said in the other thread... forget about panicking... lets b excited...
    i saw secondary including corners making some big hits, and actually around WR's and tackling for once...
    Hopefully mayo injury is not serious... pats will be top 10 D by the end of the year...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I said it will take until roughly mid-season for them to gel.  They will peak at the right time; just before the playoffs.  That said, they weren't all that bad, even though they did make the Bills look a little better than they probably are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They were dominant with the exception of some mistakes that a young/new to the system backfield makes.

They need to learn how to sniff out and diagnose those screens sooner. Although there is no telling if Mayo would have made a difference on those plays. By midseason this unit will be very, very good.

Everything I saw tonight was encouraging, except for the Bills running the ball straight at Wright, which was expected. Wright can rush, but he is no Seymour.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

They took T O out of the game and had excellent pressure on Edwards late in the fourth quarter. I will take it for now, with an optimistic view of further gelling in the next couple weeks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

WHat's amazing is that Wilhite had coverage on T.O. for the majority of the plays. I'm telling you people, this guy is going to be better than Asante Samuel by the end of this year.