Patriots Defensive Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Patriots Defensive Question

What three things have to happen for Patriots defense to be good enough to compliment the offense and get us another Championship?

My three are:
    1. Wilfork, and Warren have to have very good year.- Which is entirely possible.
    2. Mayo and A. Thomas need to have a very good year.- Again entirely possible.
    3. 2 of the 5 "starting" DB's have to have very good year.- again very possible.

The rest of the team just can't make dumb mistakes and they will be fine if these three things work out... which again is not a reach in my mind... what do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Patriots Defensive Question

In Response to Patriots Defensive Question:
    [QUOTE]What three things have to happen for Patriots defense to be good enough to compliment the offense and get us another Championship? My three are: 1. Wilfork, and Warren have to have very good year.- Which is entirely possible. 2. Mayo and A. Thomas need to have a very good year.- Again entirely possible. 3. 2 of the 5 "starting" DB's have to have very good year.- again very possible. The rest of the team just can't make dumb mistakes and they will be fine if these three things work out... which again is not a reach in my mind... what do you think?
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

I might be able to over simplifiy this and give you one major thing that we need to have happen. It's pretty much a certainty that we will see 4 d-lineman with A. Thomas and Derrick Burgess rushing from the outside. If we can get a steady pass rush from those 2 guys on a consistant basis that will also make our DB's look much better. Mayo will definitely clog the middle and be everywhere  against the rush so the one thing that has been hurting over the last couple of years that we really have to have this year is pressure on the QB. I think that will make all the difference but I'm not convinced it will happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Patriots Defensive Question:
    [QUOTE]What three things have to happen for Patriots defense to be good enough to compliment the offense and get us another Championship? My three are: 1. Wilfork, and Warren have to have very good year.- Which is entirely possible. 2. Mayo and A. Thomas need to have a very good year.- Again entirely possible. 3. 2 of the 5 "starting" DB's have to have very good year.- again very possible. The rest of the team just can't make dumb mistakes and they will be fine if these three things work out... which again is not a reach in my mind... what do you think?
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

As long as Wilfork and Warren are healthy they will have a very good year.  I agree with 2 and 3, but what we really need if we are switching to a 4-3 is a good pass rush from the DEs, most likely Green and ... ?  Based on preseason, they will save Burgess until third down and use a big ugly like Wright or Warren as left DE on 1st and 2nd down.  I'm not sure that will generate much of a pass rush.  I think AD's best pass rushing days were when he was a 4-3 OLB in Baltimore, hopefully we can bring that back. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Defensive Question:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Patriots Defensive Question : As long as Wilfork and Warren are healthy they will have a very good year.  I agree with 2 and 3, but what we really need if we are switching to a 4-3 is a good pass rush from the DEs, most likely Green and ... ?  Based on preseason, they will save Burgess until third down and use a big ugly like Wright or Warren as left DE on 1st and 2nd down.  I'm not sure that will generate much of a pass rush.  I think AD's best pass rushing days were when he was a 4-3 OLB in Baltimore, hopefully we can bring that back. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Don't be surprised when we see Pierre Woods rushing the QB with a little Willie Mac look to his game! I think Woods is an underated weapon this year! Obviously Burgess,Green,TBC,and Warren can be effective with Burgess really the only unkown.

Sections
Shortcuts