Patriots/Dolphins game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Patriots/Dolphins pregame thread

27-17 Patriots.

I want to see Law Firm hit the 1000 yard mark. I want to see Pats have the game in hand going into halftime most starters out mid way throught the third.  And of course no turnovers. D playing sharp with a int and fumble recovery.

I would be happy with this and feeling food heading into the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

If we feel food going into the playoffs we'll be unbeatable!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Patriots/Dolphins pregame thread:
    [QUOTE]Sorry Rocky. I'm bored. Here's what I'm hoping to take away from this game: - First and foremost, the win. I'd love nothing more than to finish the regular season at 14-2 in a "rebuilding" year. Of course, now that they've completely exceeded all of our expectations, it's still Super Bowl or bust. - Sweep the dolphins; I always find joy in that, even though the Dolphins are horrible right now. - Wes Welker; let's see the guy catch some balls and exercise the "last game of the season" demons where he got hurt last year. I know he's thinking about that, even though he'll never admit it. - Taylor Price; all I saw when we drafted him was his YouTube highlight reel and since then I've been itching to see this kid out there. With Branch questionable, I think we may see Price finally get some action. I think Edelman will be in there more because he has his own things to work out. It'd still be nice to see Price out there to see how he run routes and how he uses his physical skills on gameday. - D-line; with Brace going to the IR and Wright still out, I'd like to see a solid 2-3 quarters from the defensive line. The Dolphins will try to run all day and I'll feel much better going into the bye knowing that a) mike wright may still come back and b) either way, our d-line will hold up. - Law Firm; the kid needs 72 yards to get to 1,000, which is something none of us expected. He's right there in yardage and just behind Arian Foster for touchdowns. It'd be nice to see a 100-yard game for Benny and 3 TDs. Nobody saw that one coming... - No injuries; while I fully agree with Coach's commitment to winning (even though the game has zero bearing on the final seedings), I can't help but reflect on how I felt last year when I saw Welker go down. I remember Brady standing around him knowing what Wes just went through and then seeing Wes cry as he was carted off. Let's avoid that this year. - Brady stays sharp; it doesn't matter how great you are because everyone has off days. I just don't want Brady to have one of those going into the bye week before a playoff game. It may have zero bearing on how he plays in the playoffs but still. - Pull starters after 3 quarters; I see Coach playing the guys for 3 quarters. Game on! Patriots 31 Dolphins 13
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

LOL...No need to say sorrry...I am glad I checked the threads before starting another (it would be great if more people did that!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet RapSheet:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/01/02/rethinking-whether-todays-game-is-actually-really-seriously-meaningless-and-links/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

GlobePatriots Five things you should know about Dolphins :

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/gallery/12_31_10_5things_about_dolphins/?camp=localsearch:on:twit:galleryglobepatriots

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Welcome to Gillette Stadium

January, 2, 2011
    By Mike Reiss

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Welcome to Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots host the Dolphins in the regular-season finale (CBS, 1 p.m. ET).

Weather conditions. It is unseasonably warm, with temperatures expected to be in the high 40s by kickoff. It was foggy on the drive in, bringing back memories of the Steelers playoff game at Foxboro Stadium on Jan. 5, 1997, but the fog isn't a factor from a visibility standpoint inside the stadium.

Scouts for Steelers and Jaguars in the house. With the possibility of playoff matchups ahead, the Steelers and Jaguars are scheduled to have scouts in attendance for today's game.

McAulay gets the call. Terry McAulay has been assigned to referee today's game.

National anthem. Sarah Carter from Westwood, Mass.

Color guard. Boston Police Department Honor Guard.

Kick Cancer Initiative concludes. As part of the season-long "Kick Cancer Initiative", the Patriots will ask all cancer survivors and the caregivers who work to fight the disease to stand and be recognized by their fellow fans. The initiative through the Patriots Charitable Foundation was aimed at raising awareness among Patriots fans about cancer risks and prevention.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

8. Signs of progress from Connolly 

9. By Mike Reiss
  10. FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Offensive lineman Dan Connolly, who has been sidelined since sustaining a concussion Dec. 19 against the Packers, came on to the field for pre-game jogging this morning.

Connolly is listed as doubtful for today's finale against the Dolphins, making him unlikely to play, but his presence on the field is a positive sign for the Patriots from a longer-term perspective. It strengthens the possibility that he will be ready for the playoff opener on the weekend of Jan. 15-16.

Second-year man Ryan Wendell started at right guard in Connolly's absence last Sunday in Buffalo, and is likely to do so again today.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Hello from rainy Gillette Stadium before the Patriots and the Dolphins play…

The Patriots spent a good deal of time talking about what kind of cleats to wear, a non-stop discussion aimed at not slipping on game day. With a rainy, slick turf at foggy Gillette Stadium, it’s a good bet they’ve got on some long spikes today.

Anyway, we’ve landed at Gillette Stadium before Patriots-Dolphins, a regular season finale that doesn’t seem to generate much enthusiasm. I got here through traffic without stopping, so that tells you something.\

We still have 45 minutes until they release the inactives, but don’t be surprised if plenty of injured “questionable” players are held out — from WR Deion Branch (knee) to TE Aaron Hernandez (hip) to others. But one good sign today was that guard Dan Connolly (concussion) was spotted running on the field by reporters. For those wondering if a concussion would make him miss the playoffs, that’s a positive.

OK, waiting for inactives------Patriots beat reporter ">Ian R. Rapoport

• You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Patriots All Access - 12/31/2010 by Kraft Sports Productions
    http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=VideoNewsdetail&pid=47059&pcid=160

If you haven't seen this show it's awesome. It's hosted by Steve Burton, Scott Zolak and Christian Fauria. This New Year's Eve edition is 40 minutes long but worth every minute.

Let's go Taylor Price!

New England Patriots realpatriots Patriots Inactives: Tully Banta-Cain, Ron Brace, Deion Branch, Brandon Deaderick, Aaron Hernandez, Wes Welker and Mike Wright. #fb

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet The Patriots won't tempt fate... Wes Welker is OUT for today's game.

Chris Mortensen mortreport Welker was listed as probable on the injury report; Not taking any risks

Mike Reiss MikeReiss It is raining here and field conditions, coupled with what happened with Welker in finale last year, could be a factor in decision.

New England Patriots realpatriots Dan Connolly is the 8th inactive player for the Patriots.

New England Patriots realpatriots Dolphins inactives: WR J. Pruitt, CB N. Carroll, LB M. Rivera, T A. Barbre, T L. Murtha, TE A. Fasano, DE R. Baker, DT C. Baker #fb

• This post has been removed.

• This post has been removed.

Inactive analysis for Patriots-Dolphins01.02.11 at 11:52 am ET
    By Christopher Price (WEEI)

FOXBORO — The Patriots announced that the following players will be out for today’s Patriots-Dolphins game: offensive lineman Dan Connolly, linebacker Tully Banta-Cain, defensive lineman Ron Brace, wide receiver Deion Branch, defensive lineman Brandon Deaderick, tight end Aaron Hernandez, wide receiver Wes Welker and defensive lineman Mike Wright.

Biggest names on this list are Welker and Branch — it appears that the Patriots aren’t going to take their chances with Branch, who has been slowed by a knee problem, as well as Welker, who suffered a devastating knee injury in last year’s regular-season finale against the Texans.

Rookie wide receiver Taylor Price is active for the first time all season, and will take some of the reps in their place.

Three players who have suffered concussion/head injuries and have been on the shelf over the last few weeks — Connolly, Wright and Brace — are also sidelined today. Without Brace, Wright and Deaderick, it means more time up front for veterans Vince Wilfork and Gerard Warren, as well as youngster Kyle Love.

And finally, Hernandez (hip) and Banta-Cain (flu) have been slowed by injury over the last week or two, so their appearance among the inactives isn’t a surprise.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots/Dolphins pregame thread:
    [QUOTE]Let's go Taylor Price! realpatriots    Patriots Inactives: Tully Banta-Cain, Ron Brace, Deion Branch, Brandon Deaderick, Aaron Hernandez, Wes Welker and Mike Wright. #fb
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I agree - his stats are AMAZING - 6'1, 212 lbs, 4.36 seconds..

would love to see him have a good debut !!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

just happy that they sit welker, branch and hernandez, but im concern with our DLine..Packers abused our thinning Inside DLine, im afraid our opponents might copy it and succeed in the end..they need to get better

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I bet bad field conditions *rain* contributed to Welker and Branch sitting.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots/Dolphins pregame thread : I agree - his stats are AMAZING - 6'1, 212 lbs, 4.36 seconds.. would love to see him have a good debut !!
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

Hoping he proves a lot of the people on this board wrong!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This is against the Dolphins, who are going to give it their all, but, a great chance to see some younger players get some significant playing time.  I can also bet that the running game is turned up a notch to get it really going in time for the playoffs.  Question is:  Will BB place more emphasis on playing time for little used players to see how they perform versus playing enough of the starters to keep the home wining streak intact?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots/Dolphins pregame thread : Hoping he proves a lot of the people on this board wrong!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Would be nice to see a new thread later titled "The Price is Right"

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots/Dolphins pregame thread : Would be nice to see a new thread later titled "The Price is Right"
    Posted by irishfanatic[/QUOTE]

LOL....That will be your thread to start!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

So we'll officially see Price. SWEET! I hope we see Brady throw him a few.

I want the 'w' and I want Benny to get to 1,000 yards.