Patriots-Dolphins Matchup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Patriots-Dolphins Matchup

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4751687/getting-to-know-the-dolphins-2

Anyone has thoughts about how we match up for this game? Strengths and weaknesses for the Dolphins?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: Patriots-Dolphins Matchup

I have a feeling that the Dolphins TE Clay is going to wreak havoc on our Defense. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It wil be another tough AFC east game. The key again will be out OL. Can they keep brady clean? Miami sports a good DL and very good Pass rushing DE's. soldier and vollmer will be tested. 

We need to get the run established early and keep running. 

if Talib doesn't play, I expect a big passing game from tannehill. it will be interesting to see what alignment bb rolls out and who he uses to cover who. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Dolphins have a good pass rush especially on the edges. The O-line better be more prepared this week than what they were against the Jet's.

If Talib plays I think they use him to shut down wallace and play that under over brackett coverage on Clay and make the Dolphins become one dimensional. If Talib doesn't play they could be in for a dog fight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

I Think if talib is out they will have to double wallace , The Last few Games wallace dominated the pats secondry they will have to take him out , also stopping the run game is a must since mayo and wilfork went down the defense had been unable to stop the run .

i dont think clay or hartline will beat us , blitzing tannehill will confuse him and take him off his zone , i see chandler jones having a good game against the medicore phins OL .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

The thing that sucks is we're into the part of our schedule that we thought would be more of a "gimme".  After the ATL/CINCY/NO games, these next few games should have been a LOT easier.  However, injuries, inconsistency by Brady and the O, and a controversial (BULLCRAP) call at the end of OT has left us vulnerable, bloodied and beaton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have a feeling that the Dolphins TE Clay is going to wreak havoc on our Defense. 

[/QUOTE]

maybe. Talib likely out a second game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

"Dolphins' defense has similarities to Bengals. With former Bengals assistant Kevin Coyle in his second season as Miami's defensive coordinator, it makes sense that the Dolphins' defense has some similarities to what the Patriots saw in their 13-6 loss to the Bengals on Oct. 6. McDaniels made the point that the Dolphins can create pressure with the standard four rushers. That was certainly the case with the Bengals. Furthermore, McDaniels said: "There are definitely some challenges with some of their blitz packages -- they bring their secondary players maybe more than some of the teams that we’ve faced this season, so we’re going to have to do a good job of being ready to handle that." 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4751731/what-we-learned-from-coaches-calls-5

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

This game is big. The Pats are a bit down and have serious competition for the division. The Dolphins are really an average team, much like the Jets but probably smell blood in the water.

This is the first time in years I feel like the talent and experience differential between the Patriots and other teams might be too big to make up.  

This game will hopefully prove me wrong..and if it does not, there is still an opportunity to decide to trade for a player to or stay put and decide to play out the season as best as they can.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This game is big. The Pats are a bit down and have serious competition for the division. The Dolphins are really an average team, much like the Jets but probably smell blood in the water.

This is the first time in years I feel like the talent and experience differential between the Patriots and other teams might be too big to make up.  

This game will hopefully prove me wrong..and if it does not, there is still an opportunity to decide to trade for a player to or stay put and decide to play out the season as best as they can.

[/QUOTE]

If there was ever a time for a division rival to upend the Patriots for first place in the division, this would be the year to do it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

now that the non-story about the penalty has settled down, anyone interested in the Dolphins game?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

who has the edge?

http://patspub.patsfans.com/2013/10/24/previewing-the-patriots-dolphins-who-has-the-razors-edge/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4751687/getting-to-know-the-dolphins-2

Anyone has thoughts about how we match up for this game? Strengths and weaknesses for the Dolphins?

[/QUOTE]

I think the glaring weakness for the Dolphins is their ability to pass protect, they are 3rd in the NFL in sacks allowed. If talib plays and the secondary is solid they could get 5or 6 sacks this week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the glaring weakness for the Dolphins is their ability to pass protect, they are 3rd in the NFL in sacks allowed. If talib plays and the secondary is solid they could get 5or 6 sacks this week.

[/QUOTE]

Kelly and Talib may not play, so....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kelly and Talib may not play, so....

[/QUOTE]

I'm not counting on Kelly but I think talib will play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would be nice, but not holding my breath. Would like to see progress on offense if both are out, Not expecting much from defense (if both don't play)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would be nice, but not holding my breath. Would like to see progress on offense if both are out, Not expecting much from defense (if both don't play)

[/QUOTE]

Gronk with a week under his belt should help. the O. I said last week it was a bad match-up for the D without Vince and kelly. This week I like the match-up the Dolphins do not run well between the tackles.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

So far, 55 degrees, overcast and a fairly stiff west wind is the forecast.  Usually this type of home-field weather favors the Pats a bit.  It beats 90 degrees and sweaty in Miami, at least as far as Patriots football is concerned. 

Miami is a team without an offensive tackle, a wonder to behold.  Their bye week before Buffalo didn't help them get one, either.  They have a retread OT but he has really lost it.  Tannehill can't be blitzed, he's on fire against the blitz.  However, if you drop 8 and rush 3 they will usually get home to the quarterback at a shockingly fast speed.  Tannehill is atrocious against heavy coverage.  I look for BB to only rush two at certain times.  Videos of Buffalo rushing the passer last Sunday should yield some good tips.  Tannehill has been hit way too many times this year and was limited in practice with a shoulder injury on Wednesday.

The Jets running backs didn't do that well against the middle of the Patriots line.  Sure they ran for 150 yards, but at an average of 3 yards a carry!  The only good running play that the Jets had was Geno Smith taking off downfield from the pocket.  The Patriots DTs reportedly performed at about the NFL average, which was an accomplishment for them.

The Patriots' relative offensive woes this year are part rookie malcoordination and part talent dropoff from last December.  These two problems will have partial cures in time.  This week?  Maybe, a little.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Tannehill does not make good decisions and, if BB/Patricia are a little creative, this could be a long day for the 'phins QB. 

With regard to Pats on O, pass protection will be key.

My 2 cents.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So far, 55 degrees, overcast and a fairly stiff west wind is the forecast.  Usually this type of home-field weather favors the Pats a bit.  It beats 90 degrees and sweaty in Miami, at least as far as Patriots football is concerned. 

Miami is a team without an offensive tackle, a wonder to behold.  Their bye week before Buffalo didn't help them get one, either.  They have a retread OT but he has really lost it.  Tannehill can't be blitzed, he's on fire against the blitz.  However, if you drop 8 and rush 3 they will usually get home to the quarterback at a shockingly fast speed.  Tannehill is atrocious against heavy coverage.  I look for BB to only rush two at certain times.  Videos of Buffalo rushing the passer last Sunday should yield some good tips.  Tannehill has been hit way too many times this year and was limited in practice with a shoulder injury on Wednesday.

The Jets running backs didn't do that well against the middle of the Patriots line.  Sure they ran for 150 yards, but at an average of 3 yards a carry!  The only good running play that the Jets had was Geno Smith taking off downfield from the pocket.  The Patriots DTs reportedly performed at about the NFL average, which was an accomplishment for them.

The Patriots' relative offensive woes this year are part rookie malcoordination and part talent dropoff from last December.  These two problems will have partial cures in time.  This week?  Maybe, a little.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your post, Paul.  Always good to read your perspective.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tannehill does not make good decisions and, if BB/Patricia are a little creative, this could be a long day for the 'phins QB. 

With regard to Pats on O, pass protection will be key.

My 2 cents.

[/QUOTE]

How creative has Patricia been so far?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Patriots 30 Dolphins 24

If we lose this one then we are in serious trouble.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patriots 30 Dolphins 24

[/QUOTE]

We? Bwahahahahaha

BUSTCHISE SPEAKS...jets troll

FACED BY BABE FOR BEING A JETS TROLL...SHAME ON YOU!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to RicosUncle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Patriots 30 Dolphins 24

[/QUOTE]

We? Bwahahahahaha

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RicosUncle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Patriots 30 Dolphins 24

[/QUOTE]

We? Bwahahahahaha

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BUSTCHISE SPEAKS..FACED IN PUBLIC BY BABE for being a Jets Troll...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sections
Shortcuts