Patriots don't have what it takes to win, mentally

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Patriots don't have what it takes to win, mentally

This roster is talented enough to win. Injuries played a big part, but the personnel on this team is good enough to win. It may not be perfect, but it's good enough.

This team is just not mentally strong. Did anyone else remember right before the third quarter started and the sideline reports told us what the coaches said going into the half? They claimed BB said he was worried because he knew a deep ball could easily change the game in favor for the Ravens. Don't exactly remember what Harbaugh said, but I believe the sideline reporter asked him what he was concerned about and Harbaugh said NOTHING.

The score was 13-7 Pats at the half. The Pats were winning the game but it was the Ravens who were more confident.

Honestly, that is a terrible thing for BB to say. Even if he is worried, he needs to act like he believes in the team. That lack of confidence obviously trickled down to the players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Patriots don't have what it takes to win, mentally

As great an X's and O's coach BB is, I am beginning to question his ability to lead men. We don't have McGinnest, Bruschi, Harrison and the Ty Laws of the world on that D anymore. BB needs to instill more confidence in these players. It honestly looked like they had little fight in them tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I'll tell you what is really troubling.

watch the Brady post game interview.  He is getting used to losing.  He isn't even disappointed.

It's just part of aging I guess - but that guy is not down over the loss as much as he should be. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I'll tell you what is really troubling.

watch the Brady post game interview.  He is getting used to losing.  He isn't even disappointed.

It's just part of aging I guess - but that guy is not down over the loss as much as he should be. 

he didnt seem very upset during the game....he is usually more emotional than he was tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I havent seen any of the post game stuff. Won't be watching it for a while at least.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The interview is stunning.  very robotic - say the right things and get outta town.  But not disappointed/ not angry.

Like he was late to an Uggs commercial or something.

I really think the team needs a dramatic attitude change.  the talent is there.  I like the talent.  But the attitude is ridiculous. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The talent is not there to win a Championship, that's what the game showed.

The Patriots are also soft in the belly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

You're right, there isn't enough talent on this team to win.  Excluding the tight ends they don't have a receiver over 5' 10," nor do any of the receivers have true break away speed.  The defensive backfield has been a mess for close to five years, and there is not enough pass rush to give that weak unit some help.

If Ridley ever wakes up from that hit he took, he could be a feature back, but for a change of pace a big bruising runner should be used as a compliment.

Plug those holes, and rekindle some fire into this team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

This roster is talented enough to win. Injuries played a big part, but the personnel on this team is good enough to win. It may not be perfect, but it's good enough.

This team is just not mentally strong. Did anyone else remember right before the third quarter started and the sideline reports told us what the coaches said going into the half? They claimed BB said he was worried because he knew a deep ball could easily change the game in favor for the Ravens. Don't exactly remember what Harbaugh said, but I believe the sideline reporter asked him what he was concerned about and Harbaugh said NOTHING.

The score was 13-7 Pats at the half. The Pats were winning the game but it was the Ravens who were more confident.

Honestly, that is a terrible thing for BB to say. Even if he is worried, he needs to act like he believes in the team. That lack of confidence obviously trickled down to the players.

No, I don't think the roster is talented enough to win.  I think BB has these guys over achieving and coached up, and when it comes down to winning the big game... well, over achieving falls flat on it's face and talent takes over.  And if they don't have talent, they lose, as we have seen.  This is were the Pats have been for the last several years.  Over achieving, coached up, not much true talent.  You can only get so much out of someone before true talent is needed.  As we have seen, true talent is needed in the championship games.  The Pats don't have the true talented players.  Some positions yes, but not for a lot of the positions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from faninCT. Show faninCT's posts

I agree. At this level it becomes a mental game. Look at the last few years. Why do we fail to execute and come up short in the big games after cruising through the regular season?  We're just not mentally tough enough. Perhaps that is partially a result of being in a division that that doesn't have a consistantly strong competitor. If we and the Ravens were in the same division we would have to get tougher or die.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Think for a second about Brady and his interview.  Granted, we do not expect him to break down in tears, but, there might be one thing in the back of Brady's mind he may never say in public.  That being he can't will this team to victory unless the rest of the players make plays.  He is sitting on the bench watching the defense give up three consecutive, long drive, TDs to the Ravens.  He throws passes to receivers who drop them, passes he has seen them catch dozens of times.  That throw he made in the 4th Q on 4th down in which instead of running for the first down he tossed it towards the end zone.  Look at that play again, IMHO, he was expecting the receiver to come back TOWARDS him and not keep sprinting across the end zone.  Look where the pass dropped, at the front of the end zone near the goal line where a receiver would come back for the ball.  Brady may have just gotten tired of the team not stepping up as a whole as he expects them to and that may be the thing he has gotten used to accept that day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Think for a second about Brady and his interview.  Granted, we do not expect him to break down in tears, but, there might be one thing in the back of Brady's mind he may never say in public.  That being he can't will this team to victory unless the rest of the players make plays.  He is sitting on the bench watching the defense give up three consecutive, long drive, TDs to the Ravens.  He throws passes to receivers who drop them, passes he has seen them catch dozens of times.  That throw he made in the 4th Q on 4th down in which instead of running for the first down he tossed it towards the end zone.  Look at that play again, IMHO, he was expecting the receiver to come back TOWARDS him and not keep sprinting across the end zone.  Look where the pass dropped, at the front of the end zone near the goal line where a receiver would come back for the ball.  Brady may have just gotten tired of the team not stepping up as a whole as he expects them to and that may be the thing he has gotten used to accept that day.

I so agree with you, it's always on him--and if he doesn't make the play "Brady's to blame for this one" can't just one player do something that will just take our breath away--maybe catch the ball on your helmet for a td. defense play with some attitude and nastiness. Brady would never give up, but he has got to be discouraged with what he sees on the field  I just hope he doesn't so discouraged he retires. and Welker dropping those two balls is unforgivable, I don't care how well he plays in the regular season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

Well if the defense could play like they did in 03 & 04 and if Tom could play like he did in the 01/03/04 postseasons then yes they could still win it all but we will most likely never see that again b/c Tom chokes in the playoffs which is compounded by a medicore defense and thus it all adds up to 0 SB wins since 2004!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No, I don't think the roster is talented enough to win.  I think BB has these guys over achieving and coached up, and when it comes down to winning the big game... well, over achieving falls flat on it's face and talent takes over.  And if they don't have talent, they lose, as we have seen.  This is were the Pats have been for the last several years.  Over achieving, coached up, not much true talent.  You can only get so much out of someone before true talent is needed.  As we have seen, true talent is needed in the championship games.  The Pats don't have the true talented players.  Some positions yes, but not for a lot of the positions.

I don't think I can totally agree with this statement when you factor in Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk who are elite for their respective positions. However, I would agree that the defense is absolutely not talented enough to win. Remember the first 8 weeks of the season when our defense was setting records for futility!!?? After they acquired Talib and started to play better it seemed like they were turning the corner. It's unfortunate they could not build a D like Seattle did through the draft. We need to somehow get a rock solid veteran safety back there and an accomplished corner as well to pair with Talib. As much as I want Welker to stay this defense has to be priority one as the current formula is not working ithe post season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Leonard15's comment:

Well if the defense could play like they did in 03 & 04 and if Tom could play like he did in the 01/03/04 postseasons then yes they could still win it all but we will most likely never see that again b/c Tom chokes in the playoffs which is compounded by a medicore defense and thus it all adds up to 0 SB wins since 2004!

You can't have a great defense if you pay Brady 20 million and Welker 13 million in 2013

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

He he he he he

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Agreed!

I noticed the same at halftime. Harbaugh (even though he was down 6) said his team was in great position to win, "just keep doing what you are doing". 

The Pats were not resilient. They need resiliency to come back from dropped passes and other mistakes. 

BB has a philosophy of "one mistake in the playoffs and you are dead". This puts too much pressue on the team to be perfect and has them feeling like losers when they screw up when need to learn to be more resilient. 

This starts from the top. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

TB does play at a level that some of his teammates be not be at, but nod their head and say yeah we're.

last time we lost the AFCCG, BB went out got some players. hopefully he goes out and gets better ones to compliment TB's competivenss.

truth is TB needs a lot of protection due to his lack of mobility. BB needs to address the o-line

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Sorry to say it...but the Ravens did play like they wanted it more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

There is a problem on the team when they get hit in the mouth. They are great when everything is rolling along and have teams on the back foot. They have probably put up more points than any other NFL team since they morphed into the high powered offense in 2007. But when a tough defense hits them in the mouth and stops them a few times in the biggest of games they go to pieces. Yesterday when the Ravens stopped the hurry up no huddle offense a few times there appeared to be no plan B.