Patriots draft board 11/27/2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Patriots draft board 11/27/2010

Do we even need a draft?  This team is loaded with young talent.  I say trade as many picks into the future as possible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I'm sure we'll end up trading most of the picks into the future.  I would like for them to draft a RB and two OLBs, and maybe a WR (since they usually take 3 years to develop). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I would like to see us our 1st and 2nd round draft picks...Trade the 3rds for 2nds in 2012

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

The Pats will make adleast 4 trades and take 7 players ..... The trades Will be something like this !

1. Pats 1st round pick for a 2012 1st and 2011 4th
    2. Pats 2nd and a 4th to move up into the low 50's in the 2nd round
    3. Trade Minnys 3rd rounder for a 2012 2nd
    4. Trade there 4th round for a 2012 4th and a 2011 6th

1st
    2nd
    2nd
    3rd
    5th
    6th
    7th
    Gotta give Kansas  a 6th for Page

1st
    1st
    2nd
    2nd
    3rd
    4th
    4th
    5th
    6th goes to the Eagles
    7th

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Patriots draft board 11/27/2010:
    Looks like the war chest will be good for the draft next year If things stay the same 1st 15 1st 32 2nd 33 2nd 64 3rd 72 3rd 96 4th 129  5th 164   6th 186 * David Thomas trade 7th 225 * comp pick Ben watson Not a lot big free agents in 2010 to give out 3rd rounders Carolina should get a 3rd round comp pick for Juilas Peppers
    Posted by hoyle

comp for ben watson is much higher than that he leads the browns in receptions

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Patriots draft board 11/27/2010:
    Looks like the war chest will be good for the draft next year If things stay the same 1st 15 1st 32 2nd 33 2nd 64 3rd 72 3rd 96 4th 129  5th 164   6th 186 * David Thomas trade 7th 225 * comp pick Ben watson Not a lot big free agents in 2010 to give out 3rd rounders Carolina should get a 3rd round comp pick for Juilas Peppers
    Posted by hoyle

looks good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OriginalPudge. Show OriginalPudge's posts

We need to lock up a solid pass rusher and an OT early, I think they can find a solid RB in the late second early third round.  If they get those three done I would be fine with them wheeling and dealing from there.  On a side note this defense will make a complete tranformation with Bodden back.  Warren will help as well but we have been fortunate to have a couple guys really step up and get it done on the D line.  The real glaring weakness has been that CB spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I'm not a draft-nic, but as a Pats fan, the future's so bright - I gotta' wear shades.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

And the Patriots are 9-2 and "rebuilding"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Definitely need 2 DLs that can both reach and sack the qb, plus effectively defend the run. Also 2 OLBs, that can do the SAME, a CB in the Bodden/ McCourty class, as a backup, and a free safety ( expecting Meri will be gone). 
    However, BB will have 3 D backfield FA prospects coming off the IR- Josh Barrett, a safety, 6-2 225 lbs, and Bret Lockett, db, 6-1 220 lbs, and Brandon Mcgowen, safety, 5-11 207 lbs. That should reburish the D. 
    On the O, a big, fast punishing RB, ala HILLIS, Browns,  and a tall, speedy WO, ala MOSS  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots need a running back.  Woodhead and BJGE can't hold the fort forever.  I don't know if the ageless Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk are coming back in 2011 and I do know about Laurence Maroney.  BB may well pick up 2 free agent RBs because he prefers to start with finished products, but then he needs to draft one more.

He should consider a project tackle for 2012 and a starting guard for 2011.  Mankins is gone. 

McCourty is solid but what about the other side?  Kyle Arrington?

Give Cunningham a chance to blossom. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Every single one of those picks will be traded.  Even if it's only a few picks back or a few picks forward, they all will be moved one way of the other.  BB will no longer sit and wait.  He gambles alot but I think that BB thinks that missing out on a player is more of a gamble than anything else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

All Pats fans heard over the last fews years is the Pats are going downhill and will be average to below average for many years to come.  Nothing upsets non Pats fans more than the Pats continued success which, with the Pats absurd number of high draft pics in the next draft (with possibly a rookie salary cap), looks like is going to continue for many years to come.  My Jets fans friends cannot believe how the Pats never seem to go away.  It's amazing how good BB and Brady are.  This is a special time to be a Pats fan and a fan of Boston teams (here we go Bruins, here we go!)...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

33 will be traded for a 2012 1st and the other teams 2nd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

These R y the BUMS that have 2 go next yr.
    Tate
    edelman
    sammy
    Butler
    Mankins=don't pay him Squat!!!
    Merryweather

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots draft board 11/27/2010:
    We need to lock up a solid pass rusher and an OT early, I think they can find a solid RB in the late second early third round.  If they get those three done I would be fine with them wheeling and dealing from there.  On a side note this defense will make a complete tranformation with Bodden back.  Warren will help as well but we have been fortunate to have a couple guys really step up and get it done on the D line.  The real glaring weakness has been that CB spot.
    Posted by OriginalPudge

Even better if we could find Seymour's replacement...a 6-5, 315 lb. specimen who can occupy 2 O-linemen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

first 3 picks need to be a rb , de , and olb

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

BB has matured into the NFL Drafts resident genious at selecting Best Available ( Value ) 

He doesn't trade back - just for the sake of aquiring an extra pick.

If standing pat and grabbing "his guy " is called for ~ he'll do it 
      Before taking McCourty , trade offers were on the table for the Pats pick that they'd aquired by trading back with Dallas ...
     There's actually video that shows him turning to Cesario and saying "Forget it , lets get our guy and get out " before taking the Rutgers Db 

Sure , BB rolls the dice and comes up snake eyes ( 06 Maroney ~07 Merriweather ~ 08' Anybody in his entire draft not named Mayo ) but so does every other person whos ever been in charge of an NFL draft table .

Its funny that peple point to BB trading the rights to Clay Mathews as an example of BB totally screwing up .
    They point to the fact that with the aquired GB picks the Pats selected Butler with the 2nd rounder and Tate with their 3rd .
     True.
    But they fail to note that BB also traded GB's 2nd aquired 3rd rounder to JAX for their 2010 2nd rounder ...
    which BB then turned in GRONKOWSKI .
      I guess my point is that armchair Draftniks who want to Btch n Moan about past Pats flops ( we've all done it ) should realize that even though our team's talent isnt stocked by an unerring draft god ...
    it's pretty close. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

first 3 picks need to be a rb , de , and olb
    Posted by itllnevahapn

I'm 100% with you on this one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

One problem with the draft board, the compensatory pick is going to be a 5th round pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Kyle
    Watson v Crumpler = 7th round or maybe a 6th at Best

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

Compensatory picks are based on team net player gains and losses and individual contract value.  Watson got a contract with an average annual value of $4 million a season.  Based on recent seasons, that would likely net a 6th round pick.  Performance rarely has anything to do with what round the pick is in and on rare occasion has been used more as a tire breaker on whether a guy is slotted in one round or the next.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

33 will be traded for a 2012 1st and the other teams 2nd.
    Posted by Tcal2

yes. teams that could bite:
    carolina
    seahawks
    cincinnati
    arizona
    tennessee

in addition to buff and miami, each of those teams are likely to be in the market for QBs. among them will be one or two teams who will need another high pick to fill other holes. i would not want to trade the pick to an afc east team.

and then, there's oakland. they may be willing to trade their 2012 first for the 33. i don't know if i want that though. i think oakland is on the upswing. their 2012 pick may not be as high as that of the first four teams above.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

NICK FAIRLEY FROM AUBURN or MARCEL DAREUS FROM ALABAMA

Sections
Shortcuts