Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....

27) Trade 27 and 63 to move up to 17 to pick Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB
    31) Kendall Reyes DT/DE
    47) Trade 47 for 60 and 92
    60) Mohamad Sanu WR
    92) Markelle Martin FS/SS
    95) Michael Brewster C
    127) Janzen Jackson FS

Great low risk picks at DE/OLB and DT/DE, both positions of need.
    Good value picks with 60,92,and 95. WR and C at depth and future projects. FS/SS  (markel Martin) good positions flexibility with high ceiling, will compete to start this year.
    Lastly I can see us doubling up on the thinnest position of depth FS, taking a risk on the possible high reward if BB can get Janzen Jackson to buy into the team philosophy and keep out of trouble,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

re my recent mock,

bunting has janoris jenkins lasting to 30 to sf and barron to us at 31
    given that scenario we could get jenkins and barron and move up in rd 2 to get curry or reyes or both.\
       that would be strong.
    especially if we got another pick in rd 1 or 2 from hoyer or ww.

jenkins and barron in rd 1
    reyes, curry and jefferey (insert other big wr here) in 2nd
    ben jones or other c in 3rd
    wylie or other wwelker replacemnt in 4th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

here's my thinking. how many years do you think it will be before we agin get a chance to draft a potential shut down corner from where the pats will be picking in the next several years?

only way is a serious injury or a serious character question.

here is jenkins.

io think he should be priority ohne becasue of the opportunity

my 2nd highest priority
    one of reyes, still, brockers

next highest curry

then big outside wr

if we can add barron into all that, id love to upgrade safety,

gotta have center/interior line zeitler  a flexible g/t/c

ww replacement

thats my priority order, not draft order necessarily,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

bump

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

re jackson see below, contrast that with janoris jenkins, "fastest breaks of any db this year", potential shut down corner.

FS Janzen Jackson: McNeese State (6-0, 190)
    A former five-star recruit who enrolled at Tennessee in 2009 and played immediately in the secondary. Is a good athlete with a “plus” first step, gets up to speed quickly and looks like a 4.4 guy in the deep half. Possesses a solid feel when asked to decipher routes in front of him. Takes good angles toward the throw, can undercut routes and exhibits “plus” ball skills. Showcases a good closing burst and settles his feet well when asked to track vertically and adjust to the throw.

However, is raw with his footwork in his drop. Doesn’t sit into his backpedal, stays upright and almost bounces backward toward the deep half. Struggles maintaining balance in and out of his breaks because he plays too high and narrow, and initially has a tough time re-directing. Wastes too much motion when trying to initially change directions and too often is forced to turn his back to the football in order to gather himself. Exhibits natural fluidity in the hips when looking to turn and run, just plays too high.

Overall feel and instincts are solid. However, will get caught with his eyes in the backfield at times and stop moving his feet. Showcases the range to make up for a slow read or false step when asked to turn and run, but at times will take himself out of plays in the deep half jumping routes and making a poor read.

Showcases some power/violence as a tackler. Isn’t afraid to throw his body around when asked to come up and play the run. Generates a good pop on contact and can disengage ball from man. However, struggles to breakdown and balance himself once a ball carrier can square him up. Has a tendency to play out of control and throw his body around with reckless abandon. Isn’t the most balanced or consistent of wrap-up guys and will give up some big plays when coming downhill simply whiffing into contact.

Does have some character concerns. Was dismissed from the Tennessee program in 2010. Transferred to McNeese State in 2011 where he played in nine games and recorded two interceptions.

Impression: A talented kid who can run, track the football and can be a violent striker on contact. However, isn’t the most sound of wrap-up guys, is raw with his footwork and has character concerns. Nevertheless, has the talent to play in the NFL and should get a shot because of his ability to run and strike.

Grade: 5.9

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....:
    re jackson see below, contrast that with janoris jenkins, "fastest breaks of any db this year", potential shut down corner. FS Janzen Jackson: McNeese State (6-0, 190) A former five-star recruit who enrolled at Tennessee in 2009 and played immediately in the secondary. Is a good athlete with a “plus” first step, gets up to speed quickly and looks like a 4.4 guy in the deep half. Possesses a solid feel when asked to decipher routes in front of him. Takes good angles toward the throw, can undercut routes and exhibits “plus” ball skills. Showcases a good closing burst and settles his feet well when asked to track vertically and adjust to the throw. However, is raw with his footwork in his drop . Doesn’t sit into his backpedal, stays upright and almost bounces backward toward the deep half. Struggles maintaining balance in and out of his breaks because he plays too high and narrow, and initially has a tough time re-directing. Wastes too much motion when trying to initially change directions and too often is forced to turn his back to the football in order to gather himself. Exhibits natural fluidity in the hips when looking to turn and run, just plays too high. Overall feel and instincts are solid. However, will get caught with his eyes in the backfield at times and stop moving his feet. Showcases the range to make up for a slow read or false step when asked to turn and run, but at times will take himself out of plays in the deep half jumping routes and making a poor read. Showcases some power/violence as a tackler . Isn’t afraid to throw his body around when asked to come up and play the run. Generates a good pop on contact and can disengage ball from man. However, struggles to breakdown and balance himself once a ball carrier can square him up. Has a tendency to play out of control and throw his body around with reckless abandon. Isn’t the most balanced or consistent of wrap-up guys and will give up some big plays when coming downhill simply whiffing into contact. Does have some character concerns. Was dismissed from the Tennessee program in 2010. Transferred to McNeese State in 2011 where he played in nine games and recorded two interceptions. Impression: A talented kid who can run, track the football and can be a violent striker on contact. However, isn’t the most sound of wrap-up guys, is raw with his footwork and has character concerns. Nevertheless, has the talent to play in the NFL and should get a shot because of his ability to run and strike. Grade: 5.9
    Posted by bredbru

Worth a roll of the dice for our end of the fourth rd pick. I have a feeling with the right coaching and attitude adjustments he could be valuable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : I think Crick is our guy.  He has three things that BB look for when drafting.   1. Is a Senior  2. Has excellent size 3. Spent the majority of his last season on IR Sorry, but the stars are aligning on this one buddy.  I know it sounds crazy, but I have this feeling that BB will take him at #31, never mind #48.
    Posted by Army2LT

would not be surprised if you read that one right. i actually don't mind that much if he's really good. in his case, i believe it was not a leg injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

nope, LT... i don;t crick will be the guy. he weighed 279 lbs at the combine. too small to play DE. too slow to play OLB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

1A
    . Peter Konz OC Wisconsin (6'5 314lbs). notes: Had "only" 19 reps on the combine bench...which is good, Because the Combine don't mean sh#t to me.  I spend about 15 minutes looking at the combine...and about 15 seperate days seeing how you performed at the East-West shrine games and Senior Bowl games and practices verses other top prospects (still N/A w/ Konz, a Junior)...on the actual field (w/ another 15 months on these guys on-field filmwork and season profiles, stats, etc.).  Konz is a stud.  If the lone flaw in your entire repertoire of skills, work, physique, intangibles, is that ya shoulda lifted the 225 benchmark maybe 3 more times...G'head, take a pass on the most certain 1st rder to be a 10 year certified starter & 6 year pro-bowler on your team.  Given Konz's massive OC size, he's still just textbook in his game @ Center-Kneebend, crazy awareness (youtube-just check out how much his head's on a constant "swivel", during pass protection...  Man I luv those Wisconcin O-Linemen (Belichick, you s#n-#f-a-b#tch for passing on Carimi last year...you'll see <well, unless the bears literally kill Carimi's career themselves...which could certainly be the case given Chicago's current state>).

1B. Andre Branch 4-3 DE/3-4 WOLB Clemson (6'4 259lbs).  2011 Stats: 77TTs, 17TFLs, 10.5 Sacks, 1 FF/2010 Stats: 54TTs, 8.5TFLs, 5 Sacks, 6PDs.  4.62 40. notes: This guy's freakishly disruptive.  It's not just simply that he is so quick in his closing speed, it's that when he does, he LEVELS people...VERY strong & Powerful considering his agility and quickness (there's some good youtube of Branch one can watch...really, he just flings people or rips them down with 1 arm).

2A. Trade for 2nd Rder in 2013 + Early 3rd Rder in 2012 (not a real hard sale, considering this selection is sm#ck-dab in the center of Rd #2).

2B. Derek Wolfe DE/DT Cincinatti (6'5 295lbs). 2011 Stats: 70TTs, 21.5TFLs, 9.5 Sacks, 2 FFs.  4.94 40, Bench: 33 Reps. Notes: Excellent senior bowl performance, In practice 1-1 drills, and game.  Ability to play 4-3 DT, 3-4 DE (with a very minor offseason strength & conditioning for a few more lbs, program), + as a NT in a 3-4 on 3rd and long passing downs (As he did in college, and if BB sees fit).  Very versatile and very disruptive.

3A-(trade). Markelle Martin FS Oklahoma State (6'1 207lbs). 2011 stats: 74TTs (59 solos), 5 TFLs, 9PDs, 2 FFs.  4.58 40 (quick note: No 2012 Safety Prospect ran a sub 4.5 40 this year).  notes: Final decision between Martin & ND's Smith.  Martin has far more & better experience at Safety + Better overall production (faced the likes of Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, Landry Jones, Nick Foles- As the QBs in his conference/teams he played).  Martin is like a very rich man's James Sanders, wherein I'd compare Smith to a very poor man's Rodney Harrison...Harrison's getting all the hype, and even with Martin's excellent on-field performance during the Senior Bowl and career in college, He has injury concerns, causing someone of his FS skills, to drop this far down.  Yet, very fast, and very fluid in pass defensing while patroling deep centerfield, excellent student, and doesn't shy away from contact for a FS in the run game and excellent open-field tackling abilities.  Excellent FS Instincts in pass coverage (excellent angles, and just exceptional body control to break up passes) while not short-changing his running-game/contact areas <extremely secure open-field tackler, and is a big and willing hitter) <as is far less often the case at this spot, and those whose try position is that of Free Safety).

3B. Audie Cole MLB (w/ potentials at both 3-4 SILB & WILB) + 4-3 OLB (experience at both OLB spots) NC State (6'4 246lbs). notes: This guy is ALWAYS around the ball, Needed to add some more bulk, and apparently quickly did before Combine, although it dropped his usual lightning quick on-field speed to a "slow" combine 40 of: 4.72. 2011 Stats: 108TTs, 13.5TFLs, 5.5 Sacks, 4FFs, 4PDs.  Extremely versatile, and superb instincts with very high motor.

4.  Trade for 5th (or 6th, if must) rder in 2013 + 5th rder in 2012 (again, not a very hard sale here given past draft precedents).

5-(trade). Akiem Hicks NT/DT Canada (6'5 318lbs). notes: 5.21 40, bench: 26 reps. Maybe 1 year older than most, after leaving LSU in '10 and signed to play in Canada. Very quick for his size.

~~~

Total Take:  Peter Konz, Andre Branch, Derek Wolfe, Markelle Martin, Audie Cole, Akiem Hicks + 1 2nd Rder in 2013 & 1 5th/6th Rder in 2013.  Emphasis on gametape, On-field performance, Prospects on the Rise, and those with extreme Versatility to play different spots in different schemes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

btw bredbru-

I Both live in Connecticut and am a UConn Grad...thus:  IF theoretically, UConn produced a 6'5 270lb DE who led the entire college nation ranks in Sacks, TFLs, & FFs while also contributing 10 PDs, 5 Interceptions, & 4 Blocked Kicks...And even IF a viral vid came out showing this Top 5 Future H.O.F'er drop-kicking a rhino through the goalpost while simultaneously pulling a tow truck right up to the kicking spot...I'd say:  "Ehh, probably a bust...buuut if he's still there in the late 5th rd, I miiiight take a gamble on him- lol, mayyybe...still, probably not though."  ~Yet lmao- I'll rampantly overvalue a Rutgers guy consistantly showing lesser skills on tape, for whatever reason...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

btw bredbru - I Both live in Connecticut and am a UConn Grad...thus:  IF theoretically, UConn produced a 6'5 270lb DE who led the entire college nation ranks in Sacks, TFLs, & FFs while also contributing 10 PDs, 5 Interceptions, & 4 Blocked Kicks...And even IF a viral vid came out showing this Top 5 Future H.O.F'er drop-kicking a rhino through the goalpost while simultaneously pulling a tow truck right up to the kicking spot...I'd say:  " Ehh, probably a bust...buuut if he's still there in the late 5th rd, I miiiight take a gamble on him- lol, mayyybe...still, probably not though ."  ~Yet lmao- I'll rampantly overvalue a Rutgers guy consistantly showing lesser skills on tape, for whatever reason...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

so you dont like reyes.
    registerd (in your humourous manner :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : so you dont like reyes. registerd (in your humourous manner :)
    Posted by bredbru

LMAO!  ('Cause check this out): Never EVEN watched him!  Haven't even read his stats...when I see that he was "dominant at the senior bowl", I simply scan right on by to the next guy's report.  Doesn't even register to me... UConn, yup=Unconditionally, he's 100% out of consideration, without fail, any hesitation, and zero exceptions.  Sorry...   The closer ties I have to something, is equally and conversely weighed in my biases and criticisms (sensible...or not; Doesn't really matter)- that I throw in heaps towards that thing, closer to home.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Please people........if you want to list your thoughts via choices pnly..plzzz do....

only 24 days left......

all other words of wisdom is to be left at the draft threads....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

27) Trade 27 and 63 to move up to 17 to pick Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB 31) Kendall Reyes DT/DE 47) Trade 47 for 60 and 92 60) Mohamad Sanu WR 92) Markelle Martin FS/SS 95) Michael Brewster C 127) Janzen Jackson FS Great low risk picks at DE/OLB and DT/DE, both positions of need. Good value picks with 60,92,and 95. WR and C at depth and future projects. FS/SS  (markel Martin) good positions flexibility with high ceiling, will compete to start this year. Lastly I can see us doubling up on the thinnest position of depth FS, taking a risk on the possible high reward if BB can get Janzen Jackson to buy into the team philosophy and keep out of trouble,
    Posted by part-timer

Not sure Mercilus would be considered a low risk pick at 17. He's a one year wonder and BB has been reluctant to pick this kind of player in the first round. I do however like addressing the front seven with the first two picks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

i go with the Pat Kirwin mock of last Friday for round 1

RD 1 Pats trade 27 and 31 and go up ( I forgot where  St Lous  ?) and take Coples DE

Rd 2    48 McClellin OLB
                63 Josh Robinson CB  (Central Floida  .. asante samuel?). this is really a hope and a prayer.
                   ALT:OT Zebrie  Sanders or Bob Massie  one should drop

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Please people........if you want to list your thoughts via choices pnly..plzzz do.... only 24 days left...... all other words of wisdom is to be left at the draft threads....
    Posted by fishers5

do i understand you. you want mocks but not discussion of the mocks put up here??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : do i understand you. you want mocks but not discussion of the mocks put up here??
    Posted by bredbru

LOL, I laughed too man.  But hey, it's his thread...  Lol, ya want in?  Well buddy, you better toe the line pal...  Wicked funny...never really saw that before.  Likewise, I will from now on, prefer each and all the respondents to my future thread creations, to solely write in old english forms of overblown calligraphy, in the brick red color option alone, while using the "3" font size...I repeat=3, not 2, not 4......three.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : LOL, I laughed too man.  But hey, it's his thread...  Lol, ya want in?  Well buddy, you better toe the line pal...  Wicked funny...never really saw that before.  Likewise, I will from now on, prefer each and all the respondents to my future thread creations, to solely write in old english forms of overblown calligraphy, in the brick red color option alone, while using the "3" font size...I repeat=3, not 2, not 4......three.  

thanks for the laugh man. that was a good long one!
    thanks again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : do i understand you. you want mocks but not discussion of the mocks put up here??
    Posted by bredbru

Perhaps this will help. Just enter who you want the Pats to pick, taking into consideration the trades that would have to happen. If you want a guy who will clearly be gone earlier than 27, then you would probably have to move back for the second or third pick up.

In this case, I was thinking that Perry could fall to 27. I imagine trading out of 31 so that the pats have three second round picks

POSTER

A

B

C

D

SeattlePat70

Nick Perry

Brandon Thompson

Josh Robinson

Brian Quick

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : LMAO!  ('Cause check this out): Never EVEN watched him!  Haven't even read his stats...when I see that he was "dominant at the senior bowl", I simply scan right on by to the next guy's report.  Doesn't even register to me... UConn, yup=Unconditionally, he's 100% out of consideration, without fail, any hesitation, and zero exceptions.  Sorry...   The closer ties I have to something, is equally and conversely weighed in my biases and criticisms (sensible...or not; Doesn't really matter)- that I throw in heaps towards that thing, closer to home.

The origins of prejudice are often humorous when viewed from afar, but invariably are based on flawed criteria. When drafting, is it the college "program" that is being targeted or the "player"?  That Butler was a disappointment had more to do with "Butler" (and his versatility limitations) and less to do with Uconn (especially since Butler had pro coaching under Pats tutelage).   

The influence of high school and college coaching has more to do with a player's "readiness" at the pro level than to his ultimate upside IMO.  Good players can always learn improved techniques but those players that excel (at the college level) based solely on athleticism will be exposed at the pro level when facing comparable athleticism without better maximizing their measurables. 

The art and science of drafting has always been flawed because of prejudices, measurables instead of demonstrated production, level of competition, system peculiarities and the player's commitment to football. 

We are impressed by size, speed, strength, athleticism etc. and are quick to assign UNLIMITED "potential" to players that fit that description yet fail to recognize that something else separates  the wheat from the chaff. That "something" has more to do with the player than Uconn (or his former college).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Thanks seattle.......some do lose focus and cant follow requests.....lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : The origins of prejudice are often humorous when viewed from afar, but invariably are based on flawed criteria. When drafting, is it the college "program" that is being targeted or the "player"?  That Butler was a disappointment had more to do with "Butler" (and his versatility limitations) and less to do with Uconn (especially since Butler had pro coaching under Pats tutelage).    The influence of high school and college coaching has more to do with a player's "readiness" at the pro level than to his ultimate upside IMO.  Good players can always learn improved techniques but those players that excel (at the college level) based solely on athleticism will be exposed at the pro level when facing comparable athleticism without better maximizing their measurables.  The art and science of drafting has always been flawed because of prejudices, measurables instead of demonstrated production, level of competition, system peculiarities and the player's commitment to football.  We are impressed by size, speed, strength, athleticism etc. and are quick to assign UNLIMITED "potential" to players that fit that description yet fail to recognize that something else separates  the wheat from the chaff. That "something" has more to do with the player than Uconn (or his former college).  
    Posted by moskk

Wow, you come off as a pretty big d#ucheb#g, right? 

Look, just in case that your bread-crumb personality can't recognize things like satire based on heavy overexageration, with the intent of wishing to offer just about 2/3's comedic potentialities with only about 1/3rd of actual truth, I'll help'ya out here...  I'll explain:

I'm hard on UConn because it really is an exceptional university.  I'm dismissive of UConn Football Players because this school's Football Program was a Division 1AA backwater (and a mediocre one at that) until 1 decade and a half ago...  Since the program's inception in the Div 1 National Ranks, they've yet to produce a single player whose skills and promise is worthy of 1st-3rd Draft Selection to be used on (I'm sure ya woulda pulled the trigger on that 1st Rd Uconn RB that Indy took some time back- It's nice being the leader first to go over that rickety bridge, It's also exceptionally st#p#d & pointless).  When the Program starts to consistantly loom large on a Top 25 National Ranking (for the full course of 1 whole Season!), or when even the smallest fraction of UConn Football noteables play at an above-average level in the pros (who 'bout we ask for 1 UConn player to make the pro bowl...1 time?), THEN I'll jump on board, o.k.?

'Til then it's an !d!otic and pointlessly risky venture to start gambling 1st Rd'ers on one of these guys, Unless OVERWHELMINGLY obvious (as my joke implied...because it's not- you actually have to make that leap towing a semi-truck 50 yard field goal, piece of fictional-leap yourself- I AM sorry, sometimes I forget that computer programmers are people too).

Finally, NO...That's actually the exact opposite that I weigh 99.9999% of my evaluations on.

Janoris Jenkins svx because even verses the other star potential draftees at The Senior Bowl, He got destroyed (sorry bredbru...just go on that Walterfootball Senior Bowl homepage, and go practice by practice...take note of every single time Jenkins' name was mentioned on any given play and/or matchup...yea, all that despite the off-field garbage and 1st Rd Ranking).

Michael Brockers svx as well... I weigh measurables and the combine in only so much as IF it betrays your past failures.  Brockers is candidate A#1- 6'6 315, LSU...Man, put in Georgia, and that's the next Richard Seymour right there.  No...Seymour was running a 4.95 40 as a collegiate, Brockers Official time was something like a 5.35 40 (This IS noteworthy), while this 6'6 3 bills plus pounder threw up just 19 reps on the bench ("long arms" does not account for a 19 total tally here).  This stuff simply heightens, his terrifyingly underwhelming performance in College (does he HAVE a sack, I think he might have 1 or 2...but at least his tackling, solo tackles, and TFL production is tragically awful too).   And the guy's a 6 foot 6 315lber from an SEC Program (Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee), that is STELLAR at churning out those massively sized and extremely well-rounded talent-wise, and outstanding on-field producers, Absolute STUD performers in that D-Line trench...  

So no...you're wrong across the board- On my evaluation methods, LOL- On my prejudicial stances (this alone should come as nothing less than chair-flipping over, hilarious to people on here), you're wrong on as it stands right now at this very moment in time-Spending a covetous 1st Rd Selection on someone whom appears to be an "above-average" (but certainly not true blue-chip outstanding) UConn Player like Kendall Reyes, you're wrong on the notion that you have an actual personality....Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong- straight across the board.  Good morning...     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : Wow, you come off as a pretty big d#ucheb#g, right?  Look, just in case that your bread-crumb personality can't recognize things like satire based on heavy overexageration, with the intent of wishing to offer just about 2/3's comedic potentialities with only about 1/3rd of actual truth, I'll help'ya out here...  I'll explain: I'm hard on UConn because it really is an exceptional university.  I'm dismissive of UConn Football Players because this school's Football Program was a Division 1AA backwater (and a mediocre one at that) until 1 decade and a half ago...  Since the program's inception in the Div 1 National Ranks, they've yet to produce a single player whose skills and promise is worthy of 1st-3rd Draft Selection to be used on (I'm sure ya woulda pulled the trigger on that 1st Rd Uconn RB that Indy took some time back- It's nice being the leader first to go over that rickety bridge, It's also exceptionally st#p#d & pointless).  When the Program starts to consistantly loom large on a Top 25 National Ranking (for the full course of 1 whole Season!), or when even the smallest fraction of UConn Football noteables play at an above-average level in the pros (who 'bout we ask for 1 UConn player to make the pro bowl...1 time?), THEN I'll jump on board, o.k.? 'Til then it's an !d!otic and pointlessly risky venture to start gambling 1st Rd'ers on one of these guys, Unless OVERWHELMINGLY obvious (as my joke implied...because it's not- you actually have to make that leap towing a semi-truck 50 yard field goal, piece of fictional-leap yourself- I AM sorry, sometimes I forget that computer programmers are people too). Finally, NO...That's actually the exact opposite that I weigh 99.9999% of my evaluations on. Janoris Jenkins svx because even verses the other star potential draftees at The Senior Bowl, He got destroyed (sorry bredbru...just go on that Walterfootball Senior Bowl homepage, and go practice by practice...take note of every single time Jenkins' name was mentioned on any given play and/or matchup...yea, all that despite the off-field garbage and 1st Rd Ranking). Michael Brockers svx as well... I weigh measurables and the combine in only so much as IF it betrays your past failures.  Brockers is candidate A#1- 6'6 315, LSU...Man, put in Georgia, and that's the next Richard Seymour right there.  No...Seymour was running a 4.95 40 as a collegiate, Brockers Official time was something like a 5.35 40 (This IS noteworthy), while this 6'6 3 bills plus pounder threw up just 19 reps on the bench ("long arms" does not account for a 19 total tally here).  This stuff simply heightens, his terrifyingly underwhelming performance in College (does he HAVE a sack, I think he might have 1 or 2...but at least his tackling, solo tackles, and TFL production is tragically awful too).   And the guy's a 6 foot 6 315lber from an SEC Program (Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee), that is STELLAR at churning out those massively sized and extremely well-rounded talent-wise, and outstanding on-field producers, Absolute STUD performers in that D-Line trench...   So no...you're wrong across the board- On my evaluation methods, LOL- On my prejudicial stances (this alone should come as nothing less than chair-flipping over, hilarious to people on here), you're wrong on as it stands right now at this very moment in time-Spending a covetous 1st Rd Selection on someone whom appears to be an "above-average" (but certainly not true blue-chip outstanding) UConn Player like Kendall Reyes, you're wrong on the notion that you have an actual personality....Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong- straight across the board.  Good morning...     

Cute! Now let the air out and come down to earth. I do happen to agree with your take on Jenkins and Brockers (for reasons not addressed) but why not leave your self-absorbed attempts at humor at the door as well as your penchant for sarcasm when your humor misses the mark and revert back to what you do best...that being straight talk about your player observations and evaluations. 

We all are entitled to our opinions and deserve civility when they differ from yours...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : Cute! Now let the air out and come down to earth. I do happen to agree with your take on Jenkins and Brockers (for reasons not addressed) but why not leave your self-absorbed attempts at humor at the door as well as your penchant for sarcasm when your humor misses the mark and revert back to what you do best...that being straight talk about your player observations and evaluations.  We all are entitled to our opinions and deserve civility when they differ from yours...
    Posted by moskk

Because whenever you place yourself up on any given stage, you need to recognize that you're not gonna win over the entire audience...  That guy who walked in p#ssed off because his reservation wasn't ready that instant, sat down with a condescending remark about his wife's dress, then blew-up the waitress because there was only 2- not the specified 3 olives in his martini.....
     ...ya might have a tougher time in your attempts to make THAT fella, chuckle (lightly and under his breath...so noone notices).

He's the type of guy whose remark or point of yours, that he actually openly voices his agreement towards, would say something like this:

"I do happen to agree with your take on Jenkins and Brockers (for reasons not addressed)-"  -By you and me, looks like...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Maybe your intellectualism overbears your humanity. Sort of like a poor mans Hunter S Thompson. Maybe a 1 year retreat at some hermetic silent retreat would do wonders for your condition.     In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....:
    In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : Because whenever you place yourself up on any given stage, you need to recognize that you're not gonna win over the entire audience...  That guy who walked in p#ssed off because his reservation wasn't ready that instant, sat down with a condescending remark about his wife's dress, then blew-up the waitress because there was only 2- not the specified 3 olives in his martini.....  ...ya might have a tougher time in your attempts to make THAT fella, chuckle (lightly and under his breath...so noone notices). He's the type of guy whose remark or point of yours, that he actually openly voices his agreement towards, would say something like this:     "I do happen to agree with your take on Jenkins and Brockers (for reasons not addressed)-"  -By you and me, looks like...

Sections
Shortcuts