Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....

there is a draft thread 2012 that has very extensive information and objective info and free agents and draft choices.... For the Fun of it...When your ready, just list of the (now) 6 picks the pats have.. NAMES ONLY...and in order....After the draft  lets review and see what happened...
    1a) M Brockers  LSU  DT/DE
    1b )N Perry  USC      OLB
    2a)  H Smith   ND      S
    2b) M Jones  unc      WR
    3)  M Quick   App St   WR
    4) M  Brewster   OSU   C

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....

Well fisher, there is still FA and it's to soon to even fathom trades at this point without seeing what other teams fill via FA but if you are looking at straight picks I can give you those.

1a) Mark Barron Ala S
    1b) Andre Branch Clem OLB/DE
    2a) Derek Wolfe Cinn DE/DT
    2b) Kendall Reyes UConn DE/DT
    3) Brian Quick App State WR
    4) Chris Rainey FL RB/PR/KR

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

mark b arron would be a excellent pick for the patriots he hits and can cover and can balll hawk i like him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Would love to see them draft Barron, solid player. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Brockers and Perry look like they make it in the top 15 easy.  Especially Brockers who will probably end up the top DT taken.  Barron I see as gone also unless these rumors of operations or injuries are true.  There are a slew of teams that need safety help that pick before the Pats.

Hightower    ILB  Ala
    Branch        DE   Clem
    Minnifield     CB   Vir
    Allen           SS   SoCar
    Jones          WR   NoCar
    Manning      OLB  NoCarSt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Pick 27, Mark Barron S Alabama.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

27a)Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB
    27b)Fletcher Cox DT
    31) Mohamed Sanu WR
    48) Chase Minnifield CB
    63) Markell Martin FS/SS
    94) Michael Brewster C
    128a) Jared Crick DE/DT
    128b) Kheeston Randall DE/DT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

My guesses are:

1a - Mark Barron Safety Roll Tide
    1b - Fletcher Cox DT/DE Miss State
    2a - Andre Branch OLB Clemson
    2b - Nick Toon - WR On Wisconsin
    3 - Trumaine Johnson DB Montana
    4 - Keenan Robinson - OLB Texas

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My “Pre-Combine/Pre-Free agency” Mock:

1A.  Mark Barron- S Alabama 6-2 220-
    Big, instinctive, versatile, physical,  productive, ballhawk with a ton of experience and proven in the SEC.  Day 1 starter in NE.

1B.  Fletcher Cox- DL Miss State 6-4 295-
    Big, athletic, instinctive, versatile DL with a big motor that could start in both 34/43 fronts and could be NE's 2nd best DL from Day 1.  He’s also proven in the SEC.

2A.  Kendall Reyes- DL Uconn 6-4 300- Keeping with the trend of completely revamping NE's 34 front, he's another kid with good size, a big motor, good length and strength at the POA.

2B.  George Iloka - S/CB Boise State 6-3 222- Very good size/length and athleticism, versatile with experience at both S & CB, projects very well as a FS in Foxboro.

3.  Shea McClellin- OLB/DE               Boise State 6-3 248- Tough kid with a huge motor, very good quicks and versatility.  He's a durable, blue collar kid that can make plays off the edge.

4.  Marvin Jones- WR Cal 6-2 198-  Day 2 upside, as bottom line, the kid can separate in coverage.  Very good size, body control and ball skills.  Also has good (huge) hands with the ability to get behind a D.  BB goes back to Cal for another offensive playmaker.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

First pass

27 - Hightower - LB Alabama
    31 - Wolfe - DE/DT Cinc (reminds me of JJ Watt from last year)
    48- Zeitler - OG Wisc
    63 - Jones - WR Cal
    95 - Norman - CB Coastal Carolinia
    127 - Fuller - WR TAMU

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

27 - Jerel Worthy, a pass-rushing DT.
    31 - Chandler Jones, a pass-rushing DE/OLB.
    48 - Sanu, a polished WR from the Rutgers connection, accurate route-runner.
    63 - Chase Minnifield, CB.  Ras-I Dowling's ex-mate with the same scouting report, "first-round talent dropped due to injury concerns".

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

27 - Fletcher Cox DT/DE - Day 1 starter at DE
    31 - Stephon Gilmore CB/S - I project him as a FS, very high football IQ. 
    2A - Vinny Curry OLB/DE - High character with relentless motor
    2B - Billy Winn DE/DT - Winn is only 6'3" which is less than ideal but he's very quick for a 300lbdr.  Can line up inside 43, DE 34 or 43 DE when they are in short yards.  
    3 - Marvin Jones WR - Good all around WR who I think will begin rising up draft boards.
    4 - Jake Bequette DE/OLB 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You can't speculate until the combine, some of these guys will disappear faster than yesterdays steak chow fun noodle leftovers...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....:
    [QUOTE]You can't speculate until the combine, some of these guys will disappear faster than yesterdays steak chow fun noodle leftovers...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Wozzy, what do you think of Nick Toon WR Wisconsin with our second 2nd?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

After watching the college seasonm east west gane,,,,senior bowl prectices and game,the combine will really only show the players statsmmm If you leave it all up to the combine, dont know what to tell you

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]After watching the college seasonm east west gane,,,,senior bowl prectices and game,the combine will really only show the players statsmmm If you leave it all up to the combine, dont know what to tell you
    Posted by fishers5[/QUOTE]

Agree, combine is not what teams will draft a player by (unless you are Oakland, then fastest 40 goes to Raiders).
    Combine shows more that what you've seen is there and maybe if a player performs better go take a second look at his game tape but doesn't mean that player just because he's a stud in shorts now moves up to top of draft board.

I like to see the DEs and how they move in LB drills.  Because they don't have a ton of tape dropping into coverage you can see hips, how fluid ect

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]27a)Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB 27b)Fletcher Cox DT 31) Mohamed Sanu WR 48) Chase Minnifield CB 63) Markell Martin FS/SS 94) Michael Brewster C 128a) Jared Crick DE/DT 128b) Kheeston Randall DE/DT
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

Feb 21
    9:35
    AM ET
    Pat Kirwan, the Sirius XM NFL Radio host who previously wrote for NFL.com but has moved on to CBSSports.com, produces his first mock draft even though he acknowledges it's early to do so.
    "There are so many variables that go into the draft process that a mock draft before the combine and the start of free agency can be a stretch," Kirwan writes. "[But] putting together a first round is a good exercise in identifying the early talent and the needs of the teams."

Along those lines, Kirwan splits the Patriots' first two picks -- one on defense, one on offense. At No. 27, Kirwan envisions a scenario where Illinois defensive end/outside linebacker Whitney Mercilus is the pick.
    "The Patriots need pass rush help and this youngster had 16 sacks last year," Kirwan writes. "Mark Anderson and Andre Carter are both unsigned and Mercilus would provide pressure on opposing passers."

Then at No. 31, Kirwan targets Rutgers receiver Mohamed Sanu for New England.
    "The Patriots have tapped into the Rutgers program before and may do it again," Kirwan writes. "Sanu is a big outside receiver who would complement big inside passing game that features two tight ends and Wes Welker. Sanu had 115 receptions last year."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]First pass 27 - Hightower - LB Alabama 31 - Wolfe - DE/DT Cinc (reminds me of JJ Watt from last year) 48- Zeitler - OG Wisc 63 - Jones - WR Cal 95 - Norman - CB Coastal Carolinia 127 - Fuller - WR TAMU
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

I think this list makes a lot of sense.  It's not a sexy draft, but these are solid players & it's also a fairly realistic gauge of who fits the Pats needs and what players will be available when the Pats pick.....I really think Norman at CB will be a good pick later in the draft, he was great during the week of the Shrine Bowl.   Only time will tell.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

I for one hope BB holds on to all the picks this year. I feel the team needs them, and his history of tradeing down is poor.  The team has many holes on defense. Having said that, knowing how BB likes to trade down why even begin speculating on the draft, without factoring this into the equation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]My “Pre-Combine/Pre-Free agency” Mock: 1A.  Mark Barron- S Alabama 6-2 220- Big, instinctive, versatile, physical,   productive, ballhawk with a ton of experience and proven in the SEC.   Day 1 starter in NE. 1B.  Fletcher Cox- DL Miss State 6-4 295- Big, athletic, instinctive, versatile DL with a big motor that could start in both 34/43 fronts and could be NE's 2nd best DL from Day 1.   He’s also proven in the SEC. 2A.  Kendall Reyes- DL Uconn 6-4 300- Keeping with the trend of completely revamping NE's 34 front, he's another kid with good size, a big motor, good length and strength at the POA. 2B.  George Iloka - S/CB Boise State 6-3 222- Very good size/length and athleticism, versatile with experience at both S & CB, projects very well as a FS in Foxboro. 3.  Shea McClellin- OLB/DE                Boise State 6-3 248- Tough kid with a huge motor, very good quicks and versatility.   He's a durable, blue collar kid that can make plays off the edge. 4.  Marvin Jones- WR Cal 6-2 198-   Day 2 upside, as bottom line, the kid can separate in coverage.   Very good size, body control and ball skills.   Also has good (huge) hands with the ability to get behind a D.   BB goes back to Cal for another offensive playmaker.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Really MB - UConn again after Darius Butler?  Let's go SEC or some better place.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

For some reason...we have gotten off topic....this post was intended to be for the Patriots 6 picks .....i know its early but wth....we all have our favorite targets.

Thank you

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Baes on further review and imagining who ,ay be available at time of picks, i am posting a new list of ( wishful) draftees...No matter what happens in F/A//

1a) N Perry       LB  USC
    1b) F Cox         DE/Miss State
    2a) W Mercilius  LB/Illinois
    2b) M Quick (or M Mcnutt)   WR  App State
    3)  T Johnson   DB/Montana
    4)  D Brewster  C / Ohio State   

Sections
Shortcuts