Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnoaton. Show bnoaton's posts

Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....

27  hightower alabama
     31 Barron Alabama
    Trade to 2nds to draft Flecher Cox Miss
    Crapshoot the rest of the way

Sign a Free agent wide reciever and draft 1 in the 3rd round

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I like your first 2, but not The N.D. kid

and 2 WR's on the 1s day!!  No way!

I like your thinking though.

I would nab one of these safeties, but not until day 2  and same w/ WR.

DL, C, OLB, CB, all concerns to me you take on day 1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

1a) N Perry       LB  USC
    1b) F Cox         DE/Miss State
    2a) W Mercilius  LB/Illinois
    2b) M Quick (or M Mcnutt)   WR  App State
    3)  T Johnson   DB/Montana
    4)  D Brewster  C / Ohio State

Ok, I like this one much better. I am also intrigued by small school guy T.J. from Montana.

I dont know enough about the Lineman and Backers to say WHO, but I do like Cam Johnson on day 2 as a late sleeper falling due to sickle cell.

Perry is a good prospect, cant go wrong there, IMO

Any center will do for me...lol and I was impressed with Whitney Mercilus as well was Melvin " ? "

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from popopop. Show popopop's posts

1a  Fletcher Cox, DE/DT  /  Peter Konz, C
    1b  Whitney Mercilus, DE-OLB  /  Dontari Poe, NT
    2a  Harrison Smith, SS  /   Vinny Curry DE-OLB
    2b  Kelechi Osemele, G  /  George Iloka, S
    3    Brian Quick, WR  /  Jamell Fleming, CB
    4    BPA / BPA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

1a. Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama
    1b. Kevin Zeitler, OG/C, Wisconsin
    2a. Alfonzo Dennard, CB/S, Nebraska
    2b. Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest
    3. Billy Winn, DL, Boise State
    4. DeQuan Menzie, CB, Alabama

Also want to mention... no way are the Pats going to use these picks as is, and anyone who chooses players based on the combine deserves what they get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

I think it is interesting that so many of you guys want Quick. I go to Appalachian State, and I brought him up in MB massive post months ago. I can tell you, he is the real deal, and has a very high ceiling.

He has the size of a #1. Great hands. Not a burner, but neither are the likes of V Jackson or H Nicks.

Quick plays on special teams (which is rare of a #1 reciever coming out of college). And I think this alone makes him worthy of a look in the 3rd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....:
    Well fisher, there is still FA and it's to soon to even fathom trades at this point without seeing what other teams fill via FA but if you are looking at straight picks I can give you those. 1a) Mark Barron Ala S 1b) Andre Branch Clem OLB/DE 2a) Derek Wolfe Cinn DE/DT 2b) Kendall Reyes UConn DE/DT 3) Brian Quick App State WR 4) Chris Rainey FL RB/PR/KR
    Posted by PatsEng

like them all except barron, unless we also sign mario williams, then i'll take the whole package.  otherwise fs in fa 1a bpa.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....:
    there is a draft thread 2012 that has very extensive information and objective info and free agents and draft choices.... For the Fun of it...When your ready, just list of the (now) 6 picks the pats have.. NAMES ONLY...and in order....After the draft  lets review and see what happened... 1a) M Brockers  LSU  DT/DE 1b )N Perry  USC      OLB 2a)  H Smith   ND      S 2b) M Jones  unc      WR 3)  M Quick   App St   WR 4) M  Brewster   OSU   C
    Posted by fishers5

love the picks. dont know that perry makes it to 31. looks like he goes mid round 1 range.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

My “Pre-Combine/Pre-Free agency” Mock: 1A.  Mark Barron- S Alabama 6-2 220- Big, instinctive, versatile, physical,   productive, ballhawk with a ton of experience and proven in the SEC.   Day 1 starter in NE. 1B.  Fletcher Cox- DL Miss State 6-4 295- Big, athletic, instinctive, versatile DL with a big motor that could start in both 34/43 fronts and could be NE's 2nd best DL from Day 1.   He’s also proven in the SEC. 2A.  Kendall Reyes- DL Uconn 6-4 300- Keeping with the trend of completely revamping NE's 34 front, he's another kid with good size, a big motor, good length and strength at the POA. 2B.  George Iloka - S/CB Boise State 6-3 222- Very good size/length and athleticism, versatile with experience at both S & CB, projects very well as a FS in Foxboro. 3.  Shea McClellin- OLB/DE                Boise State 6-3 248- Tough kid with a huge motor, very good quicks and versatility.   He's a durable, blue collar kid that can make plays off the edge. 4.  Marvin Jones- WR Cal 6-2 198-   Day 2 upside, as bottom line, the kid can separate in coverage.   Very good size, body control and ball skills.   Also has good (huge) hands with the ability to get behind a D.   BB goes back to Cal for another offensive playmaker.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

nice picks, cox rising, dont see him making it to 31 at teh moment

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

F/A agency has come and BB has done really well...Pats are improved and draft is yet to come....So time to revise the 6 picks they have ( barring BB's pension for trades)

1a) N Perry  LB   USC
    1B) M Barron  S  Alabama
    2A) D Wilson  RB  VA Tech
    2B) T Johnson DB Montana
    3) M Jones     WR  Cal
    4) M Schwartz OL  Cal

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

1a. Peter Konz C Wisconsin- Get your Center for the next 10 years.
    1b. Brandon Boykin CB/KR Georgia- I love this kid can play several styles of DB.
    2a. Kendell Reyes DE UConn.- This is a guy that potentially could be "Seymourish"
    2b. Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois- Pin his ears back and just tell him go get the QB.
    3. Brian Quick WR Appalachain State- If this kid is there you have to take him because he could be special. His speed quickness (no pun needed) and hands outside the numbers makes him the heir apparent to Lloyd and brings so much depth.
    4. Vick Ballard RB Mississippi St.- Ballard totaled 1,189 yards and 10 touchdowns for an average of 6.1 yards per carry. To end 2011, he ran for 180 yards against Wake Forest after totaling 144 yards against Ole Miss. Teams sold out to stop Ballard and make Mississippi State beat them through the air. He has a nice combination of size and speed. Ballard could be a good sleeper running back on the third day of the draft. If he is there you have to take him.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

bump

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Baes on further review and imagining who ,ay be available at time of picks, i am posting a new list of ( wishful) draftees...No matter what happens in F/A// 1a) N Perry       LB  USC 1b) F Cox         DE/Miss State 2a) W Mercilius  LB/Illinois 2b) M Quick (or M Mcnutt)   WR  App State 3)  T Johnson   DB/Montana 4)  D Brewster  C / Ohio State   
    Posted by fishers5

only way that perry becomes available at 27 is if mercilus gets picked before him. so 1a and 2b cannot co-exist. curry might be available at 2b, but he does not want to play 34 olb

i really like perry but it's hard to imagine that he'd be there at 27. he was consistently productive in college. the knock on him was he was pretty light at 250 and therefore had difficulty getting through double teams. he showed up at the combine at 270 and still did a 4.64 40. with more mass he can now overpower a blocker whereas before he was relying on his quickness.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

My picks are based on who will be available. I believe Cox, Brockers, and Hightower are off the board. If not they would factor in instead of the below as available. I do not pick a WR, SS (Barron) or RB with any of our first 4 picks. 27- Kontz. - Center 31 - Reyes - DE 48 - Branch - OLB (trade up to get him if neccessay) 63 - DaTamu - DT

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snazzikon038. Show snazzikon038's posts

May draft 2 more TE's and go all out with a 4 TE set... just joking

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Here's mine-

#27 Mark Barron
    #31 Zack Brown
    #48 Jared Crick
    #62 Chris Polk

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sign:

- Tracy Porter
    - Matt Roth

Trade:

- pick 31 and Woodhead for Forte
    - pick 48 and Hoyer to Browns for pick 36 and 68
    - pick 95 for Freeney (restructures 3/21)
    - Edelman for a pick in the 105-115 range
    - '13 3rd, 4th and 5th for '12 late 3rd or early 4th (125-135 range)

Draft:

- pick 27 Barron S
    - pick 36 Reyes DE/DT
    - pick 63 Lavonte David ILB
    - pick 68 Joe Adams WR/KR
    - pick 110 Philip Blake C/OG
    - pick 130 Ryan Broyles WR (PUP/IR takes over for Branch '13)
    - pick 160 Nate Potter OG/OT

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Here's mine- #27 Mark Barron #31 Zack Brown #48 Jared Crick #62 Chris Polk
    Posted by Army2LT

i don;t think they are looking for a ILB in the first. zach brown is too small even for an ILB on bb's d, and does not tackle well.

crick  did not look good on the two games i saw him play. i am giving him the benefit of the doubt as he was just back from injury wen i saw him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

barron
    reyes
    janoris jenkins
    jefferey or plug in other big outside wr
    ben jones or other c
    wylie or other slot wr

udfa 
    a potential feature triple threat rb
    and junior hemingway or danny coale

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only.... : i don;t think they are looking for a ILB in the first. zach brown is too small even for an ILB on bb's d, and does not tackle well. crick  did not look good on the two games i saw him play. i am giving him the benefit of the doubt as he was just back from injury wen i saw him.
    Posted by seattlepat70

I think Crick is our guy.  He has three things that BB look for when drafting.  

1. Is a Senior 
    2. Has excellent size
    3. Spent the majority of his last season on IR

Sorry, but the stars are aligning on this one buddy.  I know it sounds crazy, but I have this feeling that BB will take him at #31, never mind #48.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

If I know BB, the draft will look something like this-

#21- CB Dre Kirkpatrick
    #31- DE Jared Crick
    #62- DT Josh Chapman

#48- Traded for 2013 1st Rounder
    #27- Traded along with #93 to Cinci for #21

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

Sign: - Tracy Porter - Matt Roth Trade: - pick 31 and Woodhead for Forte - pick 48 and Hoyer to Browns for pick 36 and 68 - pick 95 for Freeney (restructures 3/21) - Edelman for a pick in the 105-115 range - '13 3rd, 4th and 5th for '12 late 3rd or early 4th (125-135 range) Draft: - pick 27 Barron S - pick 36 Reyes DE/DT - pick 63 Lavonte David ILB - pick 68 Joe Adams WR/KR - pick 110 Philip Blake C/OG - pick 130 Ryan Broyles WR (PUP/IR takes over for Branch '13) - pick 160 Nate Potter OG/OT
    Posted by rameakap

This isn't madden dude.  Bellicheck is not trading pick 31 for a 26 year old running back off a knee jury.  

I still see the Brockers/Reyes combo in the first round of some sort. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I would take that draft in a second--only wish we could add Nick Perry!In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....:
    27a)Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB 27b)Fletcher Cox DT 31) Mohamed Sanu WR 48) Chase Minnifield CB 63) Markell Martin FS/SS 94) Michael Brewster C 128a) Jared Crick DE/DT 128b) Kheeston Randall DE/DT
    Posted by part-timer

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Love that draft-I live in Boise Id and have watched McClellin/Iloka a lot-- both high motors-tough as nails both also-both DE and OLB--great draft!In Response to Re: Patriots Draft for 2012....... picks only....:
    My “Pre-Combine/Pre-Free agency” Mock: 1A.  Mark Barron- S Alabama 6-2 220- Big, instinctive, versatile, physical,   productive, ballhawk with a ton of experience and proven in the SEC.   Day 1 starter in NE. 1B.  Fletcher Cox- DL Miss State 6-4 295- Big, athletic, instinctive, versatile DL with a big motor that could start in both 34/43 fronts and could be NE's 2nd best DL from Day 1.   He’s also proven in the SEC. 2A.  Kendall Reyes- DL Uconn 6-4 300- Keeping with the trend of completely revamping NE's 34 front, he's another kid with good size, a big motor, good length and strength at the POA. 2B.  George Iloka - S/CB Boise State 6-3 222- Very good size/length and athleticism, versatile with experience at both S & CB, projects very well as a FS in Foxboro. 3.  Shea McClellin- OLB/DE                Boise State 6-3 248- Tough kid with a huge motor, very good quicks and versatility.   He's a durable, blue collar kid that can make plays off the edge. 4.  Marvin Jones- WR Cal 6-2 198-   Day 2 upside, as bottom line, the kid can separate in coverage.   Very good size, body control and ball skills.   Also has good (huge) hands with the ability to get behind a D.   BB goes back to Cal for another offensive playmaker.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Sections
Shortcuts