Patriots draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

Patriots draft

Alright so I will admit that I am not a huge college football fan.  I was wondering what you guys think the Pats will do come draft time.  Any players that are promising?  Any trades that have been rumored? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Patriots draft

Funny thing about the Patriots is nobody ever seems to be close about who the Pats will draft. It's pretty amusing watching Mel Kiper be a mile off with his picks for the Pats.The Pats have a ton of early picks and judging from their history they will trade at least one of those for a good pick next year. My hope is for a good running back and then every defensive position they can get their hands on. There have been a couple of posts on trading up for Ndamukand Suh who is a monster D lineman but that is extremely unlikely given the Pats history. We'll have a better Idea of what's going on after the NFL Combine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Suh will be gone after 5 and if not 5, 10. I doubt the pats would trade up that far, basically compromising an entire draft, with a te The Dam that has some blatent wholes. I agree with ewhite the Pats usually have a pick out of left field, see Vollmer. I would like to see them draft a tough RB like Johnathan dwyer or Ryan Mathews. and my one sleeper that I would really like is Eric Decker out of Minnisota, big guy suited for the outside possession guy something this offense is lacking. The defense needs somebody for an outside linebacker that is solid in all phases of defense. Like Jerry Hughs, I think we could possibly get somebody like him in the first round. But its a toss up with BB and usually he suprises us both good and bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I now wish we had taken the Raiders' 2010 pick instead of 2011.

Not with the intention of drafting in the top 10, but with the intention of trading down multiple times and back into the first round for 2011.

Top 10 picks are not as difficult to trade down as it seems, especially if it's done a couple/few spots at a time with teams angling for a specific player.

The lead-up to the draft is so long that by the time the draft comes most teams are absolutely drooling over their favorite prospects.

We could have ended up with 2 2011 first rounders and some other future picks by trading down several times and then trading 2nd rounders for 1sts in 2011.

We'll be waiting 'til 2011 as is, so why not wait the same amount of time and exploit other teams' short-term needs and optimism in the meantime?

Not that I thought of this at the time of the Seymour trade, lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I wish the talk about Suh would end.  It's a pipe dream.  That team is going to want the world for that pick.  I mean wouldn't you hold the team wanting to move up for ransom?  Plus the fact that that team would be passing up on Suh as well.  Who ever has that pick will keep it.

I think Hughes is going to move up on the charts.  The secret's out.

1st round pick is Dwyer, RB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Gary I agree, Suh is a dream and not worth losing all the possible picks we would have to give up to get him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

1st round I would love Hughes but his stock is rising and he hasn't even done the combine.  He can go as high as late teens.
    A kid that I have seen since high school (Kell high school Marietta, GA) is Dwyer.  This kid is a baller, he will run over you.  Not a flashy runner but doesn't dance around the line, sees a hole and goes.
    A player I want to see what he does in the combine is Greg Hardy, at 6-5 260lbs has the body type BB likes in his OLBs.  He played DE in college and is a very good pass rusher rushing out of a three point stand.  If he can transition to a 3-4 OLB this guy could be above average pass rusher in the NFL.
    Other guys that I'll following are Von Miller OLB
    Jason Pierre Paul DE
    Jermaine Gresham TE
    Carlos Dunlap DE

We also need to find another weapon at WR, Golden Tate I believe will rise on draft boards and will not be available for NE. I like Eric Decker, his not a #1 speed guy but will be a solid #2. Big strong kid at 6-2 215, great hands and can be the guys to move chains when WW is doubled.
    If BB is not convinced at NT Rob Brace what about Terrence Cody, he's 6-5 365 lbs
    With 4 picks in the first two rounds this is what I say, who the hell knows what BB will do.  I think if he has the chance at a OLB he will not pass it again as he did Clay Matthews but again is a who knows.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobgr8. Show bobgr8's posts

Maybe the Pats might want to use that Raider pick in a deal this draft although the Raiders stink they are winning more games then expected .In 2011 that pick might not be as high as we all thought it would be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

I think the Pats should go after Jerry Hughes from TCU.  He plays DE in a 4-3, but he's light, only about 250.  He would project to be a Mike Vrabel kind of DE to OLB.  One of the best pass rushers in this year's draft.  We need more pressure off the edge and the line on this kid is that he's really smart and very athletic.  The Pats would really hit the jack pot if they could grab this guy. 
    If they could get Golden Tate at WR to put on the outside with Moss and leave Welker fully in the slot, this offense would be nasty. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Bobgr8, the pats could have gotten this years Raiders, pick and didnt.  Why would they now use it to get into this draft?  They wont!

Sections
Shortcuts