Patriots earn this win or was it handed to them on a few gimme gaffe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Patriots earn this win or was it handed to them on a few gimme gaffe?

Get first possession on botched punt at the twelve. Tan overthrows wide open Hartline who clearly beat Talib and resulted in zero points. A little confused about the phin's pick six that supposedly had offsetting illegal block penalties on both teams. Not sure if the official correctly announced the proper perps on the play. If offsetting, why does the league penalize the return team? That either resulted in 0 or 3 points. Fortunate to get out of Dodge with a W. Key to the game was the 7 minute plus drive at the end by finally having success in running the ball and forcing Miami to use all its TOs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Patriots earn this win or was it handed to them on a few gimme gaffe?

If you watch any game you would wonder the samething about any team.. any game.  They came to win and they won, even if it wasn't pretty.  The object is to score more then the oppenent.  I mean if you want to use that thought process then the Pats gave 3 games away this year. 

They should be undefeated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Typical Pats game in Miami...Fins ALWAYS play Pats tough down there. I remember as a kid in the 70s Pats NEVER won down there.. '85 AFC Championship was Pats first win in Miami since 1966

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Why are we the only fan base that criticize our teams victories? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

It's frustrating to be on this board right now...Even the tie breaker thread is making me mad.  Baltimore beat the Pats and someone is trying to tell me the Pats own the tie breaker....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get first possession on botched punt at the twelve. Tan overthrows wide open Hartline who clearly beat Talib and resulted in zero points. A little confused about the phin's pick six that supposedly had offsetting illegal block penalties on both teams. Not sure if the official correctly announced the proper perps on the play. If offsetting, why does the league penalize the return team? That either resulted in 0 or 3 points. Fortunate to get out of Dodge with a W. Key to the game was the 7 minute plus drive at the end by finally having success in running the ball and forcing Miami to use all its TOs.

[/QUOTE]

Who cares. With all the injuries, those miserable three early season losses, and watching the Ravens and Texans escape with fortunate wins over the past few weeks...we'll take it. It's rarely been easy for the Pats to beat a decent Miami team in the South-beach heat, in December.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from terminator-x. Show terminator-x's posts

They earned it with their last drive. They finally established the run when it mattered and killed 7+ minutes off the clock. That's how a team closes a game -- something they have been unable to do consistently since 2008.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In response to terminator-x's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They earned it with their last drive. They finally established the run when it mattered and killed 7+ minutes off the clock. That's how a team closes a game -- something they have been unable to do consistently since 2008.

[/QUOTE]

+1 Exactly.  They established the run when they had to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Before 2007 the Pats won a lot of games like this. Making less mistakes and capitilizing on your opponents is a hallmark of good football. By not making a lot of mistakes the Pats are always winning tough games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Before 2007 the Pats won a lot of games like this. Making less mistakes and capitilizing on your opponents is a hallmark of good football. By not making a lot of mistakes the Pats are always winning tough games.

[/QUOTE]

^^^^ This.  Op is troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Sorry, not feeling this at all.  That's about as bad as the Pats can play and still win.  They weren't handed anything.  Should have ran away with it, kept clanging balls to the turf or sailing them into space in the first half.  Nice victory, but that was way too close.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not every game is going to be easy! Heck, I'm not even going to bother to comment on this.

The Patriots won, they scored more points, the Dolphins didn't give them any of their points. Patriots earned it.

/thread

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Earned for sure. Tough division game on the road in a place the Pats have had trouble in against an opponent coming off a good win and really playing for their season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

They earned it for sure. As other have said, it was a tough division game on the road against a team still playing for the playoffs and always playing the Pats hard in Miami.

I really don't want to reopen the O vs. D debate, but only state that this was one of the better games from the D. IMO Miami had one (1) really good drive, their last before halftime where they scored a TD. In a close game the D stepped up in the second half, forcing numerous punts.

As mentioned, the drive at the end that lasted 7+ minutes was great. Give it to Ridley and let him stuff it down their throats. He crossed 1.000 yards in game 12, he can be a feature player for years to come. Welker tied the record for most games with 10+ receptions; pay the man, he's earned it plenty.

I've got a question regarding that last drive. On 3 & goal from the 2 (or close to it), Brady takes the snap from under center and falls to the ground. At first I thought it was because he fumbled and/or stumpled, but in slow motion he seemed in control. In retrospect maybe they just played the clock there, since it would be a two-score game regardless of af TD or FG, but still, it seemed odd. Your thoughts?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Division games, particularly on the road, are always tough.  Did Miami make mistakes? Absolutely and the Pats capitalized on them.  But the Pats made mistakes as well: Brady pick, Welker drop in the end zone.  Good teams overcome their mistakes and take advantage of the other teams' miscues.  An earned win indeed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what makes u think that statement is true?  I'm betting it's not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Patriots earned it.  The Dolphins played pretty good D and kept it close.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

A win is a win and we should be glad to take it. The next 2 games are monster games. If the Pats can win these 2, they will be the hottest team in the league.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what makes u think that statement is true?  I'm betting it's not.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is or maybe its not...I don't visit other teams forums...I just find it hilarious that every time the Pats win a game like this, someone starts a thread asking "Did the Pats win or did the other team lose?"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

A win is a win. Not great but the final drive was nice to see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The takeaway from this game for me was Brady getting the ball with 7 point lead in 4th qtr... At the time I was explaining to my girlfriend why football is such a great game since, all the work that you put in during the season and training camp to get conditioned, PAYS OFF in situations like this.

After exchanging the good bad and ugly for 2 -3 hours, which team will have the legs, the lungs, and the heart (and coaching) to finish the game off? 

Answer....  PATRIOTS. Bodes well for future  games and this is why you play  your offense  in the fourth qtr. in blowouts. then again put mallett in with the first unit and get him some work too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Years from now nobody will remember how this game was won, only that it was won.

Terminator-x is spot on.^

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I am thrilled they won down there!

Any other top team in the league wins every game in a blowout or does not get a lucky win?

Look at Texans, Balt, Falcons at least 3 wins each they pulled out of their a***

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's frustrating to be on this board right now...Even the tie breaker thread is making me mad.  Baltimore beat the Pats and someone is trying to tell me the Pats own the tie breaker....

[/QUOTE]

They do, in a three way with them, the Ravens, and Broncos. They don't all have common opponents, so head-to-head doesn't come into play. The Pats, right now, have a better conference record, with only 1 AFC loss. Recall losses to the Seahawks and that debacle agains the Cardinals?).

OK with it now? 

Sections
Shortcuts