Re: Patriots-Falcons Matchup?
posted at 9/26/2013 8:55 AM EDT
In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
I think that there are two other big problems:
1. Atlanta has a balanced attack and can hurt you on the ground or in the air. So BB usually takes away the top 1 or 2 things, let's say it is Gonzales and Julio. The running game can kill you. If it is the run and Julio, Gonzales can hurt you. So the balance and number of weapons is an issue
2. We are playing in Atlanta in a dome on a fast field without weather influences. This benefits the Falcons
I think this is a good test for this team and can tell us a lot about the team. I am looking forward to watching the game. It should be interesting.
The key is the first quarter and how close we are after the first quarter. If we are close entering the 2nd quarter I think our chances of winning go way up. If we are down 3 scores it will be harder to come back. Falcons do not finish well.
After 4 preseason and 3 warmup games, the season starts now and we need to see what our team can do. I hope Gronk can go and be effective. If so, it really improves our chances.
--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth
1) Steven Jackson is out. The rest of the run game is average. Take away the pass game and dare them to run.
2) without a doubt you are correct here. However, BB's emaphsis on speed the last couple years should negate alot of this advantage for Atlanta.
3) **response to Ghost's question right above yours about Gonzales; I hope we finally see some of Jamie Collins and what he can do.
I agree the first quarter will be huge for us. I think we will play well and do OK but I also see Atlanta winning because they are 1-2 and will be a desperate team. I feel like our team is currently to young to respond to that desperation.