Patriots fans jaws will hit the floor on draft day #1...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Re: Patriots fans jaws will hit the floor on draft day #1...

I've read this is a very weak RB draft - yes, its a deep draft - but not for RB's.  Supposedly Spiller is the best one this year, but if he came out in another year, he wouldnt be... I'd avoid drafting an RB, and in my opinion, focus on LB, DE, and CB... and oh yeah, TE & WR...... so many holes to fill....ugh

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Cannot see the Pats trading up to get Spiller and these type of threads are already taking on "McFaddenesque" proportions. Suh, JPP, and Derrick Morgan are the only players the Pats brass would go after. When they could get Hadesty, Blount, or Ben Tate in the later rounds (after the first) why trade up and lose a pick to get Spiller.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Drafting a RB at 22, I can see.  Moving up to around the top 10 to grab one will not happen.

Just my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

nightrider... Oakland would take a first next year since they don't have one along with a second this year for pick at #8.

PatsEng... Your look at the draft is correct I could see those scenarios. It is just that BB never does what is expected he always go against type on where he will pick a player. He says himself he would draft any position anywhere if the value dictated the pick.

To everyone who has mentioned Best... Two issues make him not  a likely Patriot pick at a second round cost... #1 is concussion issues, #2 Poor pass protection and Lacks physicality in pass protection to the point that California coaches took him out of games on obvious passing downs - they didn't trust him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Also to everyone who keeps saying there is too much defensive tallent out there to take a RB in round one you are making my point. That is precisely the reason you can take a RB in round one. The defensive positions of DE/OLB for a 4-3 elephant position will be there in the second round. Yeah you won't get JPP but other then him the rest grade out equally well. If you must have JPP then you are setting yourself up for a whole lot of dissapointment and you are handicapping the rest of your draft.

I am even willing to say they will not take a DE/OLB with their first pick. I think the reason I just stated makes it more likely to be a RB/WR/OL.

Sections
Shortcuts