Patriots; Feeling Insecure at Linebacker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

Re: Patriots; Feeling Insecure at Linebacker

In Response to Re: Patriots; Feeling Insecure at Linebacker:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots; Feeling Insecure at Linebacker : Good analysis of our underacheivers.  I had to chuckle when you brought up Alexnder and Woods.  I don't know why Alexander remains on the team unless they're saying he's the next Izzo who will essentially just plays special teams.  He's started one game in his career, albeit the AFC Championship in 2006, and I can't ever remember seeing him on the field others.  Woods I can only remember seeing on the field, not contributing, and the one play I remember was his non fumble recovery in the Super Bowl two years ago. So I think it's fair to say the mid round draft picks by Belichick have not panned out.  He either needs FA rookies, FE vets or first rounders - it's that simple.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione[/QUOTE]

Going through the depth at the position they deserved a name drop. I do agree, I do not like Woods or Alexanders progression or success at LB, I have noticed more broken plays than anything, I do not see much out of them, thats why the thining at the position is scary. BB has a group now that has potential, but we don't know if it is going to be used to its FULL potential. We will have to see who he lines up and how.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You know, for a top 5 defense we sure do have alot of questions. Here I thought that if we could just find a way to pressure the QB we would be a great defense. 

Only 3 problems on this Pats team,

1.) No Pass rush. QBs like Orton have too much fun. 
    2.) Inconsistent offense. If Brady and his boys finally snapped out of their woes in the Titans game we can squash that problem. 
    3.) Bad fans. We always want to blame the defense for something, never the offense. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

[QUOTE]You know, for a top 5 defense we sure do have alot of questions. Here I thought that if we could just find a way to pressure the QB we would be a great defense.  Only 3 problems on this Pats team, 1.) No Pass rush. QBs like Orton have too much fun.  2.) Inconsistent offense. If Brady and his boys finally snapped out of their woes in the Titans game we can squash that problem.  3.) Bad fans. We always want to blame the defense for something, never the offense. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

You are discounting every week maybe minus 1, maybe 2,  where the opposing offense did not easily rush over 100 yards mostly on the back of one guy. That is a problem thus far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm liking the Defense for the first time in about 3 years.  We are 4 and 2, we lost those two by a combined total of 10 points.  No issue for me.  It's been weird, but it seems to be getting better every week.  And we have this week and a bye to get better. Looking pretty good.  Not that I didnt think all the moving was weird, just that the reasons make sense when I hear them LATER.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Patriots; Feeling Insecure at Linebacker:

I lost you after "When you...."

I don't think your post was long enough......lol. Just kidding. Yes, the patriots LB corp is still trying to find their identity....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

With Farrior, Harrison and Woodley I might rank the Steelers LBs ahead of the Pats....based largely on what they accomplished last year (1st run 2nd pass....that is awesome). Mayo is exactly the type of player you build a LB corps around (smart, doesn't bite on fakes etc....); Guyton has all the physical tools. If he ever becomes as smart as Mayo, watch out. Thomas is still very good coverage (maybe are best LB in coverage after Mayo). We have yet to really see what MacKenzie is capable of so he is difficult to evaluate at such an early stage. Seau is a leader and a mentor; he may have lost a step, but he was three steps quicker than most to begin with. Crable had injuries and Woods is a solid tackler. After the retirement of Tedy, the trade of Vrabel, I believe the LB corps is very good, but as deep as it once was..this LB corps will improve over the course of the season. We are doing well now, but this LB corps will be even better (injuries excepted) as season continues..I'd much rather have an LB corps that plays great in January and February than one that plays great in September and October...although they look good right now they will be better come the playoffs.....and the Pats organiztion is about winning Super Bowls.....not compiling great personal statistics and appeasing fans that know considerably less about football than the people who run the team...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Patriots; Feeling Insecure at Linebacker : I lost you after "When you...." I don't think your post was long enough......lol. Just kidding. Yes, the patriots LB corp is still trying to find their identity....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Alright Bubba, damn it, I already said I should of addressed the different scenarios in sepearate posts, I got carried away but your sarcasm is still appreciated. I think in time, and hope that they do find their identity. I actually lived in Hawaii, and remembered going to one of the sports bars at 7am to get the game when basic cable said NO! it was cool to see how many Pats fans were out there, lots of CALI sports fans too. those bars were fun, everyone had their jerseys and it was like a constant cheering competition between all the games going on. I was in Waikiki BTW.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

[QUOTE]With Farrior, Harrison and Woodley I might rank the Steelers LBs ahead of the Pats....based largely on what they accomplished last year (1st run 2nd pass....that is awesome). Mayo is exactly the type of player you build a LB corps around (smart, doesn't bite on fakes etc....); Guyton has all the physical tools. If he ever becomes as smart as Mayo, watch out. Thomas is still very good coverage (maybe are best LB in coverage after Mayo). We have yet to really see what MacKenzie is capable of so he is difficult to evaluate at such an early stage. Seau is a leader and a mentor; he may have lost a step, but he was three steps quicker than most to begin with. Crable had injuries and Woods is a solid tackler. After the retirement of Tedy, the trade of Vrabel, I believe the LB corps is very good, but as deep as it once was..this LB corps will improve over the course of the season. We are doing well now, but this LB corps will be even better (injuries excepted) as season continues..I'd much rather have an LB corps that plays great in January and February than one that plays great in September and October...although they look good right now they will be better come the playoffs.....and the Pats organiztion is about winning Super Bowls.....not compiling great personal statistics and appeasing fans that know considerably less about football than the people who run the team...
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the ins and outs of the roster with our LB's, the inconsistent roatation seemed almost cyclical not a consistent linear pattern, but from what Bubba said as well I think in due time they will form an identity and be placed at what their good at.

Sections
Shortcuts