Patriots Football Weekly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Patriots Football Weekly

I assume there are others here who get this publication. Are any of you having problems receiving your papers in a timely manner? Ours are often a week behind when they should have arrived (I'm talking on a regular basis here), and sometimes we don't get them at all. I subscribed to this for my S.O. back in May I guess. Thus far I think we've gotten 90% of the issues but again, usually they are late (you'll note there is a deliver by date on each issue - well, a lot of the time we get them way beyond that date).

I tried calling PFW today at the number posted on their website, 1-800-494-PATS, and I get some message to call another number to talk to interesting people, or something stupid like that. lmao So, I ended up emailing them...

Anyway...anyone else having issues getting their PFW?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Patriots Football Weekly

What breed is that dog, Laurie? 

Sorry, I have no answer to your question.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Football Weekly:
    [QUOTE]What breed is that dog, Laurie?  Sorry, I have no answer to your question.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Hi. He is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi (and his name is Tedi). I've got two of them actually (Riley is the 'red' one). They are about a foot tall at the shoulder, long bodied, no tail and weigh around 25-35 lbs. Herding dogs and smarter than a high school honor student. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I live in NY and got the latest one today.  Sometimes they come on Thursdays and even Fridays.  Their very inconsistent at best Laurie.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I got mine today Laurie, it's printed on tuesday and then mailed, if you don't have it by tomorrow that's the postal people in your areas fault, the post office in my town has been known to sukk on occasion too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Football Weekly : Hi. He is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi (and his name is Tedi). I've got two of them actually (Riley is the 'red' one). They are about a foot tall at the shoulder, long bodied, no tail and weigh around 25-35 lbs. Herding dogs and smarter than a high school honor student. lol
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

Quick questions. 

1.)Are they difficult to train?
    2.) What's the average life span?
    3.) Are they loud barkers?
    4.) Where did you get them, and how much did they cost?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coast2CoastPatsFan. Show Coast2CoastPatsFan's posts

In Response to Patriots Football Weekly:
    [QUOTE]I assume there are others here who get this publication. Are any of you having problems receiving your papers in a timely manner? Ours are often a week behind when they should have arrived (I'm talking on a regular basis here), and sometimes we don't get them at all. I subscribed to this for my S.O. back in May I guess. Thus far I think we've gotten 90% of the issues but again, usually they are late (you'll note there is a deliver by date on each issue - well, a lot of the time we get them way beyond that date). I tried calling PFW today at the number posted on their website, 1-800-494-PATS, and I get some message to call another number to talk to interesting people, or something stupid like that. lmao So, I ended up emailing them... Anyway...anyone else having issues getting their PFW?
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

I was a PFW subscriber from their first year of publication to just a few years ago.  Being that I live in California I experienced similar delivery problems, so I contacted them via telephone many years ago and arranged to pay an additional amount per year ($25.00 IIRC) for expedited shipping to ensure on time delivery.  This worked as I received my issue typically by Friday just about every week.  On rare occasions I would not receive it, so I would call them and they would rectify the problem by sending the missing issue.  They were good to deal with back then, though not sure how they are today as I am no longer a subscriber.  Unfortunately, I had to pay the extra $$$ to ensure timely delivery, but this did resolve the problem.  Hope this info helps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

i live in ny and use to subscribe to pfw, but i always received it late as well; sometimes after the following weeks game. so cancelled subscription about 7/8 years ago because any information or new patriots news are easier and faster to get on the web now a days, so anything in the pfw was already 'old news' to me. 
    just a thought: you use to be able to log in online and read it if you had a subscription to it, that way it will always be on time, or atleast your time 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Football Weekly : Quick questions.  1.)Are they difficult to train? 2.) What's the average life span? 3.) Are they loud barkers? 4.) Where did you get them, and how much did they cost?
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

1.) THey are fairly easy to train as long as you do it right off the bat. They are incredibly smart, thinking dogs (as are all herding dogs) and are very eager to please their people. If you aren't careful though, they will be the ones training YOU. Trust me on this. lol They are somewhat active dogs and they do need a 'job' to do, so they aren't the best choice if you have a small apartment and they will be left alone for long periods of time. But generally, they are quite adaptable to most living situations as long as they get adequate exercise.

2.) They typically live 15+ years.

3.) As for barking, they are very vigilant watch dogs and will alert you to any noise going on that's out of the ordinary. This again goes back to their herding instincts. But they are not excessively loud and yippy generally.  But if you're looking for a dog that doesn't bark much at all, Corgis may not be your best choice. lol Also, these are not the kind of dogs you can leave tied outside with a dog house (not that I advocate that for any dog).

4.) I always get my corgis from reputable breeders and/or corgi rescue organizations. The cost for a pet quality puppy is $1000+. The rescue dogs can usually be obtained for a small fee to help cover the cost the organization had for fostering the dog (vet care, etc.). Typically it's around $100.

If you want you can email me and I can give you the names of some places you can contact to find out more (local corgi clubs, etc.).

Whatever you do I emplore you to NOT purchase a puppy (of any breed) from a pet shop, please. Those poor things are puppy mill dogs 90% of the time...and you don't even want to know what goes on in thos places. :(

Hope that helps. Feel free to email me at luvmycorgisforever@yahoo.com if you like.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Football Weekly : They aren't as cute as my Paps, Minnie and Ginkgo!
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

They are cute Patsfan. I've always liked Papillions and considered getting one years ago. But I fell in love with the pembroke welsh corgis hook, line and sinker when I used to show horses (very popular breed with horse folks).

As for who's cuter...not unlike parents, we always believe our dogs are the cutest don't we? lol ;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Well it looks like i'm not alone in my PFW problems. We just got the issue from LAST week, yesterday. lol I suppose we'll get this week's next week. *eyes rolling* It's mostly for my S.O. so he doesn't care to go on line and read the current issue. He's a pressman so he wants to have the paper in his hand. He said he'll put himself out of a job if he just starts reading papers on the net. lol

Anyway, thanks for the input guys. Guess I'll just have to deal with it but I doubt I'll renew next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]I got mine today Laurie, it's printed on tuesday and then mailed, if you don't have it by tomorrow that's the postal people in your areas fault, the post office in my town has been known to sukk on occasion too.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

Yeah good point. I thought of this too as we've had repeated problems with our deliveries this year. The mailman that delivered our mail for the past 10 years retired. Boy did we ever not appreciate him! Now we have all kinds of different people delivering and 1/2 the time it's not even OUR mail. *sigh* So who knows, maybe someone else is enjoying our PFWs because of our mail carrier's errors, or maybe it's a combo of both PFW and the mail.

Sections
Shortcuts