Patriots Full Of Character Guys?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Patriots Full Of Character Guys?

That's what the Patriots PR department would like for the public to think.  In reality, the team is prolly a mixed bag.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Patriots Full Of Character Guys?

No the Patriots media department has never tried to make anyone think that. Why are you trying to stir up nonsense? I think BB's policy is he likes his team leaders (CPT's like Mayo, TB12, Vince, Slater etc.) to be high character guys, so the majority of "knuckleheads" will fall in line. BB nor the media department ever tried to fool anyone into thinking that Aquib Talib or Alfonzo Dennard were choir boys when he aquired them. Your posts are usually better than this nonsense anonymis.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

No the Patriots media department has never tried to make anyone think that. Why are you trying to stir up nonsense? I think BB's policy is he likes his team leaders (CPT's like Mayo, TB12, Vince, Slater etc.) to be high character guys, so the majority of "knuckleheads" will fall in line. BB nor the media department ever tried to fool anyone into thinking that Aquib Talib or Alfonzo Dennard were choir boys when he aquired them. Your posts are usually better than this nonsense anonymis.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A bit puzzled by this thread as well.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I dunno, it goes a little deeper than that.  The NFL is basically entertainment. High visibility players and coaches are basically celebrities. Fans of these entertainers subsequently buy into the "character" that is portrayed by the media in various forms.  I'm admittedly cynical, - and don't place these individuals on a pedastal.

My point is that the players that make up this team are no better or worse than your average citizen - and they lie, cheat, evade taxes, commit domestic violence, commit suicide, do drugs probably near the same rate as the average (upper income) joe.

Yes, there are some "do-gooders" on this team - but there are quite a few outstanding people in the local community who of "high character" (and aren't recognized for it).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well, other than the murderer, they are!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

This is a fallacy for EVERY team perpetuated by some of its fans.  I am not begrudging this.  I just wish we would all stop it. 

Many of these players come from backgrounds of nothing along with entitlement for everything.  The team pushes charity and the players respond.  Some players are truly charitable AND classy, but that is never the case with ALL players. 

Teams are classy or "of high character".  Individuals are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The Pats couldnt go thru a season with out contraversey. Its never the football that gets talked about. its how this guy was a reach and this guy never lived up to expectations. These guys come from garbage some of em. If you hit the lottery the first thing you should do is cut all ties and start new, but that never happens. Your not going to get a kid to to that. Do your job means just that when on the clock thats all that matters.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is a fallacy for EVERY team perpetuated by some of its fans.  I am not begrudging this.  I just wish we would all stop it. 

Many of these players come from backgrounds of nothing along with entitlement for everything.  The team pushes charity and the players respond.  Some players are truly charitable AND classy, but that is never the case with ALL players. 

Teams are classy or "of high character".  Individuals are.

Kraft wants it in his organization, though. The Pats clearly put it as a high priority as much or more than any other team in the league.

[/QUOTE]
    Most owners want it in their organization, but not if it means failure.  Kraft has allowed Belichick to bring in/draft a number of players with questionable backgrounds/character.  Sure there's an expectation of "shape up or ship out", but expectations and reality are two different things. 

Not saying some with questionable character didn't shape up, but they don't always.  Teams don't demonstrate high character.  Individuals do. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Most owners want it in their organization, but not if it means failure.  Kraft has allowed Belichick to bring in/draft a number of players with questionable backgrounds/character.  Sure there's an expectation of "shape up or ship out", but expectations and reality are two different things. 

Not saying some with questionable character didn't shape up, but they don't always.  Teams don't demonstrate high character.  Individuals do. 

makes sense to me.....and people say you're just a troll....lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

(anyone who needs a moving GIF for their profile post has a serious attention-seeking glitch). 

"No the Patriots media department has never tried to make anyone think that. Why are you trying to stir up nonsense? "

C'mon man, none other than owner Bob Kraft has made a big fuss over this in the past, and it came up again when his wife passed. 

Example: "“I had made clear to the people drafting that I never wanted to bring somebody to New England knowingly who would hurt the family name. I’ve told every one of our coaches, ‘If we need thugs or hoodlums to win, I need to know that because I’m out of the business.’ ’"

The problem of course is that this admirable stance conflicts with winning football, in particular the Belichick style of winning which involves claiming "value players" out of the bargain bin, some of which have been marked down for character issues, as was the case with Hernandez. 

So yeah, you're wrong the Pats have never made a show of the high character thing. And yeah, it has the potential to make them look like hypocrites sometimes, especially given BB's player acquisition philosophies. The Pats are no better than any other team in this regard and I suspect Kraft will quit trumpeting this going forward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Take football as a whole. Theres a lot of crappy guys. I don't feel sorry for any of them. Their handed millions. All they have to do is save some of it for the future and be clean till they retire. Then they can turn into Joe Namath.

Their entertainers, no more, no less. When their old and broken no one cares about them anymore. Their paid handsomely to abuse their brains and bodys but thats what they choose. The easy road. So I pretty much guarantee there will be a number 81 on the field this year one way or another.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I may be young and wild, but I’m not [anymore],” he said

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130619-old-issues-relevant-again-with-gronkowski-hernandez.ece

Sometimes it's hard to change one's stripes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I don't understand why fans are upset with Hernandez. It's not like most fans even know the dude - so, why idolize these entertainers?

If u want to place someone on a pedastal - one prolly only need to look around oneself to find good role models.

Sections
Shortcuts