Patriots gain 3 comp picks....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

It's my understanding, although vey, very few people know for sure, that, in addition to what others have said, who the team replaced the departed player with and what their production was also plays a roll in what pick is awarded.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

There are 4 compensatory picks in the 3rd this year-
    NE- Samuel - 56 mill, 6 years
    Cin- Justin Smith- 45 million, 6 years
    Chi- Bernard Berrian- 42 mill, 6 years
    NYG- Gibril Wilson- 39 mill, 6 years

Turner- 34 mill, 6 years

Looks pretty easy for me to comprehend

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Posted by Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff March 23, 2009 07:50 PM

The number of compensatory picks equals the net loss of compensatory free agents for a team.

Compensatory picks are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by the formula.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

ok, ok, you got screwed this time j-bolted. No way Turner is worse than Smith, Berrian, and Wilson. It may be based on salary but I think both the Pats and Bolts should have gotten a 3rd rd comp. But the Pats get screwed plenty so...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

jbolt...your team is barely relevant in the scheme of things presently...we refer to the bolts now as ...JetsWest...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

I consider this payback for having to pick after 3 teams that made the playoffs, San Diego being one of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Its hard to compare apples to oranges, sacks to rush yards, tackles to touchdowns so its based on something factual. You can't argue with playing time and contract amounts. Stallworth has a larger contract (35 mill) than Turner but missed games so we get a lower pick. I wouldn't say we got screwed there, its just the system.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The size of teh contract has something to do with it Jbolt and Asante got the bigger contract but i agree you got screwed. And dont talk to us about Favoritism man the pats get screwed all the time, do you not remember the over blown spygate? Or how aboutthe simple fact that if Randy Moss was mentioned to be involved in a shooting the way Marvin Harrison was it would still be all over ESPN.com not to mention all the haters that complain about anything that ever happens with the Pats. You got screwed this time Jbolt but we get screwed all the time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

The Pats have too many picks. I think they will use some of their regular picks to swap places in a round to get a particular player, and still have to trade some into next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[Quote]jbolt...your team is barely relevant in the scheme of things presently...we refer to the bolts now as ...JetsWest...[/Quote]

Did the Jets win a playoff game while the Patriots were on the couch?