Patriots General Free-Agency Thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Patriots General Free-Agency Thread.

Figured we could use a thread to keep track of the Pats moves during free-agency. Lots of talk about other teams, but we're making some moves as well. Anyone can post in this -- just provide a link or source while posting information. Save the rumors and speculation for other threads.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Patriots General Free-Agency Thread.

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
    As @UTKevinAcee reported, safety Steve Gregory visiting with Patriots. He is en route to New England today, source says.

Steve Gregory entered the NFL as a rookie free agent out of Syracuse. Special teams background as well. Fast. From Staten Island, NY.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Good stuff, Ben. RT: : DE Kendall Langford has a visit set up with  tomorrow, and might set one up with 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Patriots blog on : Per , the Patriots & Matthew Slater finalizing deal, source says. 

Think Slater was one of their top priorities entering this thing. Important guy for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Patriots make minor move to open 2012 free agency, re-sign LB Niko Koutouvides to 1-year deal, reports ESPNBoston's Mike Rodak.

Niko Koutouvides played well on special teams for Patriots after he was signed midway through 2011 season. That is his primary role.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I stoked that were trying to get Slater back. I love those special team tackles at the 10!

Lots of teams making big slashes early, the Pats are moving at their own pace which is good, let the dust settle a bit then move in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
    Bengals checking out BenJarvus Green-Ellis. RT: @JasonColeYahoo: RB green-Ellis to visit Cincy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
    Big name would generate some excitement among Pats followers. RT: @JasonColeYahoo: Pats show interest in LaRon Landry

Pats show interest in LaRon Landry

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

YES!  Thats what I wanted to hear. Atleast they are kicking the tires on Landry. Why wouldnt you?

IDK his injury situation going forward, but in this system , if healthy Landry could make a Harrison type impact like in 03'

I am not concerned with the lack of major moves because Hey, we were just in the SB, we shouldnt need to change much. Just upgrade and add depth here and there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yeah... but Landry can't stay healthy...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Glad to hear they are atleast interested in Landry, when healthy, he is a nasty presence at SS. Key thing is his health, if he can stay healthy( Big IF, I know) this would be a great pick up. Landry and Chung in the defensive backfield? Oh my goodness..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Washington he couldnt, you are right. As far as going forward, noone knows.

Cant hurt to take a look. I just wonder what people will say if he does come here.  Im sure B.B. will do the proper research and make sure he doesnt get burned, but u have to kick the tires on a former top 5 pick and if it doesnt look good, oh well, atleast we tried.

Its not like there are a bunch of great players out there at the position. If we get the Stevens guy will everyone be happy about our secondary? I doubt it.

Moss didnt get hurt while here for 3 years and played in every game. The 2 years before that all we heard was how his legs were done and injuries had caught up to him. There are always 2 sides to a story, IJS, maybe Landry knows something nobody else does. What we DO know is that he wanted out of Washington.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Mike Reiss

LB Tracy White, who was 2nd on club in special teams tackles in 2011, agrees to terms to return to Patriots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Another HO HUM free agency period.  So much for going after the QB or having some faster/bigger Wr's......maybe we'll have a great draft?  Ya, probably not!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

What's there to talk about? We have nothing yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Source confirms Laurent Robinson agrees to a 5 yr deal with the Jaguars worth $32 million with $14 million guaranteed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Landry will bring a physical presence to the secondary and experience, but this guy has steroids written all over him...he's hurt a lot and is hurt now. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I actually like how their locking down STs studs in Slater, White and Koutovides. That's a good group.  Important pieces.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots General Free-Agency Thread.:
    [QUOTE]I think Landry will bring a physical presence to the secondary and experience, but this guy has steroids written all over him...he's hurt a lot and is hurt now. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

so did/does ventrone

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]I actually like how their locking down STs studs in Slater, White and Koutovides. That's a good group.  Important pieces.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Good point.  Often over-looked players who are very important to the team.  Smart buisness getting these guys tied up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

So, in all 49ers hosting/will host several WRs: Brandon Lloyd, Chaz Schilens and Mario Manningham 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I din't realize the General was a Free agent.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots General Free-Agency Thread. : Good point.  Often over-looked players who are very important to the team.  Smart buisness getting these guys tied up.
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE]

shoulda been done before free agency on these guys