Patriots get Tommy Kelly and Vince Wilfork back in team drills

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Posted by Josh Alper on June 18, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
    Tommy Kelly
    AP
    The middle of the Patriots’ defensive line got torn apart by injuries last season, but it looks like things are shaping up for New England to have both of their veteran defensive tackles back in the lineup this year.

We already knew that Vince Wilfork was doing well enough to shimmy his way through preparing ribs for a family meal and Tuesday brought good news on the Tommy Kelly front as well. Kelly and Wilfork took part in some 11-on-11 drills during Tuesday’s practice at the Patriots minicamp, the first time they have worked together since Wilfork tore his Achilles in late September. Kelly went down the next week with a torn ACL, but says that he’s not worried about his knee after months of rehab and also has little concern about Wilfork’s ability to bounce back this year.

“Pretty much what I know of V, I think V is going to be all right,” Kelly said, via the Boston Herald. “He’s a very hard worker and he’s the type of person that once he commits his mind to something, he’s going to get it done. I don’t think we should worry too much about him. He’s going to be OK.”

With first-round pick Dominique Easley also available at the position, the Patriots should not experience a recurrence of their issues on the interior of the line as long as everyone stays healthy. That’s a big if given their injury histories and the age of Kelly and Wilfork, but all is looking well so far in New England.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/18/patriots-get-tommy-kelly-and-vince-wilfork-back-in-team-drills/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Patriots get Tommy Kelly and Vince Wilfork back in team drills

Here is to both of them staying healthy.  Nice to hear they are already in team drills.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Awesome!! If they can both stay healthy for the year, this defense will stuff a lot of run plays. And passing on the Patriots won't be as easy this year as it has been in the past.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Pats need them both and the DL could be pretty special if these two behemoths return to form. I was really impressed with Kelly last year before he got hurt. It also says something about Kelly's desire that he took a couple weeks off after getting injured and tried to return last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Devastating news for BB Bashers and the trolls. They kept trying to mock BB about signing Kelly or thinking Vince was done.

Priceless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats need them both and the DL could be pretty special if these two behemoths return to form. I was really impressed with Kelly last year before he got hurt. It also says something about Kelly's desire that he took a couple weeks off after getting injured and tried to return last year.

[/QUOTE]

He also took a cut to stay and come back.  I'll never forget the mocking of BB last year and those who claimed the "warnings were out people!".

Mt Hurl led that charge, but Kelly was as durable as any DT for years and years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the Williams offer was more a reflection on Armstead and Easley, not Vince or Kelly. WOuld not surprise me if Armstead does not make the cut, or is PUP'd. Easley is turning strange. There is no issue with his salary slot, but the injury language is a line in the sand both sides seem intent on digging in for. Easley has no leverage, other than to simply not show up. I dont believe he is medically cleared to practice yet anyways, but will get interesting in the next 3-4 weeks. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Williams offer was more a reflection on Armstead and Easley, not Vince or Kelly. WOuld not surprise me if Armstead does not make the cut, or is PUP'd. Easley is turning strange. There is no issue with his salary slot, but the injury language is a line in the sand both sides seem intent on digging in for. Easley has no leverage, other than to simply not show up. I dont believe he is medically cleared to practice yet anyways, but will get interesting in the next 3-4 weeks. 

[/QUOTE]

"Anyways" is not a word. It's "anyway", Mr. MBA. Harvard requires that you know that before you enter their program. lmao

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Anyways" is not a word. It's "anyway", Mr. MBA. Harvard requires that you know that before you enter their program. lmao

[/QUOTE]

your jealousy of me is delicious, yet creepy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL! He does seem to follow you around and hangs on your every word.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding me. This is the same guy I've exposed as a fraud who wants to be some legendary NFL insider type rubbing elbows with players in towels outside the showers. LOL

I've exposed him across the board from his fake college degrees to his mere speculations when he's usually wrong or just cuts and pastes material, claiming it to be his own.

Anyone who believes he has an MBA and doesn't know basic 4th grade grammar is a moron, so I thought I'd point out another example of that.

Keep in mind, RKrap is a known Jets fan who has been beating the Woody Johnson PSL drum here on BDC.com, possibly as a plant here, for years.  Since 2010, anyway.  Hey!  I just  used the word "anyway" correctly like a big boy!  Wow!

Also, RKrap's wife is a mod per MellyMel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding me. This is the same guy I've exposed as a fraud who wants to be some legendary NFL insider type rubbing elbows with players in towels outside the showers. LOL

I've exposed him across the board from his fake college degrees to his mere speculations when he's usually wrong or just cuts and pastes material, claiming it to be his own.

Anyone who believes he has an MBA and doesn't know basic 4th grade grammar is a moron, so I thought I'd point out another example of that.

Keep in mind, RKrap is a known Jets fan who has been beating the Woody Johnson PSL drum here on BDC.com, possibly as a plant here, for years.  Since 2010, anyway.  Hey!  I just  used the word "anyway" correctly like a big boy!  Wow!

[/QUOTE]

He brings a lot of solid info to this board IMO. The Pats are so secretive it's good to hear his insights. Who picks "anyways" out of a paragraph and calls someone out for that?

Settle down and don't hang on every word!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He brings a lot of solid info to this board IMO. The Pats are so secretive it's good to hear his insights. Who picks "anyways" out of a paragraph and calls someone out for that?

Settle down and don't hang on every word!

[/QUOTE]

You don't get it.  His info is available elsewhere on the web.  HIs "observations" are also littered with negativity and the sky is falling/lowest common denominator tone so he can get attention here.

He brings ZERO info to the board, really.  All he says is "my sources are telling me".  His sources are Curran and those types who are in the business of speculating to keep their jobs, hoping they're right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I love reading this. Kelly, imo, looked better than VW last season in those first 4 weeks and brought an element to the pass rush as well. I cant wait to see TK and VW back out there creating havoc inside stuffing all runs. Add Easley to that as a sub rusher to really bring the heat from the inside... damn I cannot wait

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love reading this. Kelly, imo, looked better than VW last season in those first 4 weeks and brought an element to the pass rush as well. I cant wait to see TK and VW back out there creating havoc inside stuffing all runs. Add Easley to that as a sub rusher to really bring the heat from the inside... damn I cannot wait

[/QUOTE]

LOL

Be prepared to be attacked by Cupcake and his merry band of wet blanket trolls.   They would love nothing more for Brady to not answer the bell again in January and to somehow blame it on the idea that Kelly and Vince won't be Deacon Jones in his prime all wrapped into one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's try a little logic here. If this is true would his wife allow you to change his screen name in all your posts without deleting your posts?

Back to the subject matter: Kelly / Wilfork. My apologies for getting off track.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's try a little logic here. If this is true would his wife allow you to change his screen name in all your posts without deleting your posts?

Back to the subject matter: Kelly / Wilfork. My apologies for getting off track.

[/QUOTE]

No idea what her accessibility is as a mod. How is that for logic?  LOL

She sure has quickly deleted my comments or banned me very fast in the past when I've been in confrontations with him before.

Ask Mel. He  is the one who said RKrap finally admitted to his wife being a mod.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No idea what her accessibility is as a mod. How is that for logic?  LOL

She sure has quickly deleted my comments or banned me very fast in the past when I've been in confrontations with him before.

Ask Mel. He  is the one who said RKrap finally admitted to his wife being a mod.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm not asking Mel. Is Mel a PI or something? Getting in a debate with you is like wrestling the family dog. You know you're going to get fur all over you and your hands will be smelly but you still do it on occasion.

Kudos to BB for the Kelly signing. Hopefully both Vince & Kelly create a lot of havoc this year.

Gotta go. Have a good night!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hopefully Kelly and Wilfork come back strong. Until Easley is ready we are going to need both desperately. Don't want a repeat of last years make shift group which was one of the worst interior DL's in the league. I do wonder how much we are going to get out of Kelly. He took the paycut so quickly because he knows if they cut him he might be out of the league. Esp, after that injury so expecting full time reps might be pushing him to hard and lead to another injury (like last year). When they get that up in age you really need to start cut their reps back into a increasingly rotational role or risk more injures, not to mention keep them going all year. Wish they did more to shore up the interior line this year and I think they did too if they made Williams an offer but it is what it is and we'll have to cross our fingers that they can last the year this year. Maybe their might be a mythical Armstead sighting. I heard from some that he was a brilliant steal only BB could pull of and be our savior on the DL. Still think he was worth the signing but as I said, there was a reason we got him for cheap and he had to spend a year in the CFL and it's not because he's a early 2nd round talent. Sometimes I wonder what the world looks like in kool-aid glasses but it must be full of unicorns and show ponies everywhere.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Don't forget though that Wilfork had the injury coming out of camp and it finally just snapped as he tried to play through it. Kelly looked good in those couple games he played. Hopefully he can return to that form. If Easley is healthy and you have a rotation through the year it might be a good group but thinking we might get the same Kelly back after that injury at his age might be asking a lot. It's why the Pats cut his pay, they know it's a gamble or that he might not be able to give as much so they limited the damage if he can't recover form otherwise they would have left it the same.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully Kelly and Wilfork come back strong. Until Easley is ready we are going to need both desperately. Don't want a repeat of last years make shift group which was one of the worst interior DL's in the league. I do wonder how much we are going to get out of Kelly. He took the paycut so quickly because he knows if they cut him he might be out of the league. Esp, after that injury so expecting full time reps might be pushing him to hard and lead to another injury (like last year). When they get that up in age you really need to start cut their reps back into a increasingly rotational role or risk more injures, not to mention keep them going all year. Wish they did more to shore up the interior line this year and I think they did too if they made Williams an offer but it is what it is and we'll have to cross our fingers that they can last the year this year. Maybe their might be a mythical Armstead sighting. I heard from some that he was a brilliant steal only BB could pull of and be our savior on the DL. Still think he was worth the signing but as I said, there was a reason we got him for cheap and he had to spend a year in the CFL and it's not because he's a early 2nd round talent. Sometimes I wonder what the world looks like in kool-aid glasses but it must be full of unicorns and show ponies everywhere.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

When was it that the Patriots junk punched you and stole your milk money? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

About the same time you lost touch with reality

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

About the same time you lost touch with reality

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I lost reality because I think we have a great team and Belichick is responsible for it? Last I checked I didn't root for the Raiders so where am I wrong?.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

I lost reality because I think we have a great team and Belichick is responsible for it? Last I checked I didn't root for the Raiders so where am I wrong?.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Older players wear down quicker, older players coming back from injury have a long time to get back to form if ever, Armstead hasn't done jack despite posters on this board penciling him as a starter last year. Where am I wrong that you made that statement? Your sarcastic spiteful comments with no substance add to your hypocrisy but you don't see it so thought I toss it back since you seem to have lost touch with some realities here, regarding some moves the Pats have made. Then again you did say Fanene was a great signing even after he was cut and don't believe a players track record is an indication of what might happen in the future. 

The sky is blue too btw.

Sections
Shortcuts