R. Gronkowski8101127
    A. Hernandez435115
    D. Woodhead334014
    D. Branch221015
    B. Green-Ellis111011
    S. Ridley1202

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Re: Patriots/Giants SB Rematch

We really need Gronk to be 100% for this one.  He had a great game against them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots/Giants SB Rematch:
    Another thing that makes this interesting, which fully supports the term "on any given Sunday"...  is the Giants are 11 - 7 while the Pats are 15 - 3 going into the SB.  Imagine that, an 11 - 7 team in the SB while the 15 - 2 Packers are at home!!!!
    Posted by agcsbill

Yup, and they were a 6-loss team when they met an 18-0 team in the SB in '08. Having just beaten the 1 and 2 seeds back-to-back on their home fields, they have to be loaded with confidence. Maybe overconfidence.

Anyway, SB should be a great game. I sure hope Gronk is fully healthy for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

brady didnt have two touchdowns....he had one rushing td, no other td's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

78Andrews, StacyTRES6'6"3186/2/19819Mississippi

65Beatty, WillOTRES6'6"3193/2/19853Connecticut

Is it just these two O-linemen on IR, i thought they were missine a few more starters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

What do you think the gameplan will be?  The one last week that we all agreed upon seemed to work well.  

That was:
    A. Contain Rice
    B. Double and triple team Suggs

I think the main thing we need to look out for is big throws to Cruz and Hicks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The idea that the Giants will be favored by many and no longer are an underdog will help the Patriots prepare and win this time.

The fans of NY with their big mouths will refuse to let their team be an underdog.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If Brady doesn't turn the ball over - Patriots are champions.

Simple formula.  2 picks + 1 fumble last time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

nwe needs to score at least 28 to win the sb.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

How do you suppose we shut down Cruz?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Come on Pats you can do this. The younger guys are so excited to be going but I hope they settle down and focus. We need this SB win. Need all to be sharp and score early. Need to play like we did against Denver and of course we will be the underdogs but so what. We can win this. Go Pats

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The Giants are a worthy foe and a serious team. Keep in mind however they have strung together a ton of must-win games. They can also have an off game occasionally. It's gonna be one heck of a game. This is Brady and BB's legacy game...we'll find out. Gronk's health could be a big key.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

...Gronk's health could be a big key.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

that ankle turned similar to how ben's did. i hope gronk's soft tissue is more durable

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

This year the Pats offense is much different than 2007.  Also, SMith and the 49'ers just couldn't get anything donw against the Giants.  Smith has open receivers at which he threw at their feet and couldn't hit the side of a barn tonight.  Gonna be a long two weeks and we will constantly hear about how good the Giants D is and how bad the Pats D is!!!
    Posted by agcsbill

Yup Bill, thats exactly what I was thinking. Going to be a really long two weeks hearing about the Giants.

I think we matched up better with the Niners....Eli, as much as I despise the guy, is much better than Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, and Tebow. The Giants WR's are overall, better than those other teams as well.

Brady has got to play a heckuva lot better against the Giants than he did today. I know Rusty thinks the Pats D was spectacular in earlier in the year against the Giants, but either way, we lost. BB has got to have a good game plan, our D line has got to get pressure on Eli, and Brady has to play a good game.

One of the toughest things to do in the NFL is beat a team twice in one season. So that should be to our advantage. I've always said that if the Pats hadn't played the Giants in the regular season in 07, we would have won the SB. So hopefully the reverse is true this year.

It's gonna be a good one!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

As I said on another thread, Tom needs to loosen up in playoff games like he does in regular season games.  

He didn't have a great 2007 superbowl, (yes, he was playing injured) but since then, he's been tight, forced, and making bad decisions.  

He needs to realize that this D that has shown up the last couple of weeks is good enough to win without him having to score 36 or more points.  He needs to tune out all of the naysayers and his own demons about his post season play. 

Today it appeared the only receiver he really trusted was Wes and felt he had to force the ball to his other receivers.  It didn't seem to me the Raven's defensive line was giving him that much pressure that he couldn't have taken that extra split second for the recievers to break.  Granted, the coverage was much tighter than most games we played, but I think he hurried himself wanting to shake out his demons.

If he relaxes, if everyone stays healthy, if Vince, Spike, Anderson, Chung, & Mayo play like they did today, we win.  

Let's face it, we survived Tom's turnovers, no other playoff team this season has survived their turnovers.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

As I said on another thread, Tom needs to loosen up in playoff games like he does in regular season games.   He didn't have a great 2007 superbowl, (yes, he was playing injured) but since then, he's been tight, forced, and making bad decisions.   He needs to realize that this D that has shown up the last couple of weeks is good enough to win without him having to score 36 or more points.  He needs to tune out all of the naysayers and his own demons about his post season play.  Today it appeared the only receiver he really trusted was Wes and felt he had to force the ball to his other receivers.  It didn't seem to me the Raven's defensive line was giving him that much pressure that he couldn't have taken that extra split second for the recievers to break.  Granted, the coverage was much tighter than most games we played, but I think he hurried himself wanting to shake out his demons. If he relaxes, if everyone stays healthy, if Vince, Spike, Anderson, Chung, & Mayo play like they did today, we win.   Let's face it, we survived Tom's turnovers, no other playoff team this season has survived their turnovers.    
    Posted by BrocktonMike

You know Gronk had almost 100 yards before he got injured. Seemed like Brady had plenty of confidence to me. Brady wasn't good, but we got to remember that the Ravens are a first class defense. They are the real deal. Ravens do a really good job of mixing up coverages and giving a false read on the blitz. That also contributed to Brady's poor performance. Got to give the Ravens their due and admit they caused Brady some fits. So I don't think it was as simple as Brady just not playing well. Going against a great defense will do that.

In the end, we just made a couple more plays than the Ravens.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

It will be a good game. Tom had a bad day out there today, and we still won. He doesn't have too many days like this, but a win is a win. Just feeling really good about this SB 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I Think the key will be stopping that D Line of the Giants, I'm not so afraid of the G-Mens secondary and if Brady gets time he can most likely shred that D.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Giants won at Foxborough earlier this year w/out Nicks or Bradshaw.  The Giants have a better passing game than the Ravens.  The Giants rush the passer better than the Ravesn.  Eli is far better than Flacco.

This will be the Pats greatest challenge. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

So, i guess thier front 7 is one of the best that we've seen all season, what are thier weaknesses?  The secondary?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

BB has never lost to a team twice in 1 season

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

Giants offence goes thr' Victor Cruz and Bradshaw. Protect the middle of the filed as cruz is playing almost like welker. 

Sections
Shortcuts