Patriots give Browns permission to interview Josh McDaniels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots give Browns permission to interview Josh McDaniels

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/31/patriots-give-browns-permission-to-interview-josh-mcdaniels/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Patriots give Browns permission to interview Josh McDaniels

TEBOW resurrected!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I understand the want to be a HC. However Josh has been there once and was brought back by BB.

Am I the only one that thinks Josh would be better off staying put and becoming BB's heir to the Pats HC job?????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I take this as very good news in that it means BB ain't going anywhere anytime soon and JM knows this so figures why not look around....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TEBOW resurrected!

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!

BUT I'm still waiting for Tebow to catch passes from TFB at TE like RallyC said he was going to do.  You know, RallyC said he knows these things since he played in the CFL.  Hahaha!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

If he's offered the job he should take it without question.  There are only 32 guys that can say they are NFL HC's.   You never know when/if you'll ever be given that opportunity again. 

And the Browns are not in bad shape.  A good draft and they can be a playoff team next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I understand the want to be a HC. However Josh has been there once and was brought back by BB.

Am I the only one that thinks Josh would be better off staying put and becoming BB's heir to the Pats HC job?????

[/QUOTE]

Can't see why he would leave when BB won't coach much longer and he could inherit the Patriots from him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't see why he would leave when BB won't coach much longer and he could inherit the Patriots from him.

[/QUOTE]

I don't want him here as GM or coach, anyone who would choose tebow in the first round, or had lost control of his locker room in record time , I could never feel good about

Kraft must have a succession plan, he is too smart not to. And the time is coming for both BB and TB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Thank God!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I said these exact thoughts in another thread Jim. If I were him I'd stay right where I am.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

TEBOW resurrected!

[/QUOTE]

Is that a play on words?..BWAHAHAHA!!!...BLASPHEMER!!!! He's not playing in the NFL ever again...he lacks the talent...period...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

It's a a horrible situation for him...he should talk to Dabol (OC) and BB (HC)about Cleveland, both were there, at different times of course...if the Pats keep winning he'll walk into a sweet job here or somewhere that is a much better situation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he is the heir apparent, and many don't want him to be.

When BB is done, I hope he's done as GM too, and Kraft hires a new guy, not of the BB coaching tree.

I would accept Tom Brady as HC  before McDaniels.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Josh McD isn't head coach material yet, give him a few more years under the best in the game, BB, then he just might but as of now, I think a team would be making a big mistake signing McD. 

Read this on a site... 

If you saw how McDaniels ran the Broncos draft two years in a row, you'd commit suicide. He worked out less than 15 players TOTAL each year, claiming he knew enough from game tape to make judgements, then only drafted players he worked out. By the time he was canned, it was just a talentless shell of a team. Turned over more than 40 roster spots in two seasons.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Didn't see this and started a thread, my bad Kansas.

I think McD wont ever make a good HC, he has already proven to be a bad talent evaluator. He would be stupid to go to the Browns, especially after what they did to Chud. BB, I almost certain, will not give McD and the Browns the ok to interview until the Pats are done with the playoffs. 

I personally cant wait to see McD leave after this year, but no distractions for this team while BB is running the show.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Josh McD isn't head coach material yet, give him a few more years under the best in the game, BB, then he just might but as of now, I think a team would be making a big mistake signing McD. 

Read this on a site... 

If you saw how McDaniels ran the Broncos draft two years in a row, you'd commit suicide. He worked out less than 15 players TOTAL each year, claiming he knew enough from game tape to make judgements, then only drafted players he worked out. By the time he was canned, it was just a talentless shell of a team. Turned over more than 40 roster spots in two seasons.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure he LOOKS LIKE a head coach.  Not that appearance is everything, but doesn't it count for something...?

Maybe since he came up through Pats ranks since he was a young buck,  but I can't get past the college boy look with the visor,  etc.

Not saying it matters all that much but if you're a 300 #er looking at boy wonder jr. ,  does he get the necessary 100% cred...?

When McD came back here as OC,  I thought part of the reason was he had some limitations getting the team to buy into his schtick, and that OC was a better fit for a guy with his skill set overall.  The funny part is when you see a clip on sportstonight talking about MCD interviewing they do a quick montage of him shouting instructions and being animated...lol.  But he still looks a little young for some reason.  At least Obrien went bald so he has that going for him...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TEBOW resurrected!

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!

BUT I'm still waiting for Tebow to catch passes from TFB at TE like RallyC said he was going to do.  You know, RallyC said he knows these things since he played in the CFL.  Hahaha!!

[/QUOTE]

Never bought into the Rally as a former player thing. No way to verify that kind of thing. In hindsight, I think the receiver problems early on assured TT would be cut.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

screw that. i hope MCD goes to cleveland for the sole reason that BB will fleece his azz and get a 2nd rounder for Mallet. maybe joshie (who was dumb enough to take Tebow in the first round) willl give us a first? who knows? could be a blessing in disguise

Sections
Shortcuts