Patriots give up on O'Connell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Patriots give up on O'Connell

its more like crable gets cut,and banta cain on the outside.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I couldn't believe how much better the Redskins backups were than the Patriots. I'm sure I'll think the same thing again when we watch them play the Giants. I would really like to see them upgrade this position with a more solid backup.

I thought Hoyer looked decent, but he is no experience. I definitely wasn't impressed with Walter. We have a ton of draft picks; if we need to trade a late round pick for another backup that woud give us the insurance policy we need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots give up on O'Connell:
    In Response to Re: Patriots give up on O'Connell : Its a good thing Bill didnt listen to you about Cassel. It says a lot to me anyway about Bradys shoulder. I guess it wasn't as bad as it looked. Pats have to like Andrew Walter at this point.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Or it says that the shoulder is hurt (a little) and we realistically may need to have someone step in (if needed).  Cassell was what ?  in his 4th year last year.  Sure he looked crappy but he had all that practice time under his belt and 4 years is 4 years.  Fast forward to today.  O'Connell has 15-16 months under his belt, perhaps they simply surmised that he'd be unable to step in and perform *translation:  we don't have the luxury to wait for him to develop).  

I really think that Walter is clearly a beeter option and after afew more weeks capable enough of stepping in (if needed).  That being said, the perception of O'Connell's stature changes, technically he's competing with Hoyer for  #3.  Simply stated they probably like Hoyer and feel at this stage in the development cycle that he has more upside and value as a #3 than O'Connell.  Just my 2 cents. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

its more like crable gets cut,and banta cain on the outside.
    Posted by mosseffect43

As an aside, The Pat's have little tolerance guys like Crable, Chad Jackson young drafted guys that can't seem to get on the field, not because of catastrophic injurries each year, but because of constant dings. etc.  To me, it's patheic that 24-25 year old guy has a succession of nagging injuries.  They either don't work hard enough or simply aren't cut out for it.  If they can't get a guy on the field due to naging injuries now what's it going to be like as they hit 30?  Again my point is these guys aren't suffering from freak season ending injuries, they are recurring nagging injuries,  At some point you have to say good bye. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots give up on O'Connell : Guyton plays in the middle, Crable plays on the outside. They aren't in direct competition with each other. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Against the Redskins when the Pats went to a 4-3, Guyton was on the outside in the 3 with Mayo on the inside.

Sections
Shortcuts