Patriots---go get Gonzalez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Patriots---go get Gonzalez

great opportunity to bring in hall of fame TE-- he says he doesn't want to be traded, but the Falcons , out of the running , owe him the opportunity to win a SB what a great opportunity for him and the Patriots to win it all. Foxboro is the best place for him   he won't play next year and the Patriots/Falcons  connection could make it happen!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Patriots---go get Gonzalez

Yes.

Rusty and the girl agree.

Tony Gonzalez has stated he doesn't, but Rusty and the girl think otherwise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

ummmmm it's hottie girl!! to you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yes.

Classy post, as always. "The Girl" has proven that she has forgotten 10x more about football than you ever knew.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

But are you hot? 

No way TG leaves to join a new team now.  Does he deserve a SB?  Yes.  But I didn't see Dan Marino or Jim Kelly get one either.   He will stay in Atlanta and continue to pad his stats now.  The guy is amazing.  Watching him last night still being a huge impact to the game after 17 years, simply amazing.  Guys like that don't leave mid season to go chase a ring with a new team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

this is destiny waiting to happen

Tony Gonzalez doesn’t want to be traded

per

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/08/tony-gonzalez-doesnt-want-to-be-traded/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't worry about him. He's never touched a girl. But, he did once touch himself in a feverish fashion aroun some fat, old men smoking and drinking in the balcony of the Boston GArden once.

That's why his nickname is "Handy".

Poor Handy.

[/QUOTE]

harv trolling for some action, he-he

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

[QUOTE]

this is destiny waiting to happen

Tony Gonzalez doesn’t want to be traded

per

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/08/tony-gonzalez-doesnt-want-to-be-traded/

I agree.  I also put no stock in any public statements weeks before the deadline.

Posturing is posturing.

[/QUOTE]
    you should know about posturing, you like to pose as the greatest armchair GM pats fan in the history of the franchise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Gonzalez has not stated anything.   The Falcons are trying to save tickets and concessions not being sold in arguably the worst sports market in the country. They have 2 weeks to win 2 games to make it appear they can save the season, but losing even one with their schedule, will put the writing on the wall.  What else are they supposed to say?
    "We're giving up! Come get him!"?

LIke I said, if they drop to 1-6 with no way to save the season, Dimitrioff, trained by BB, will know the best move is to get what you can.

Cannot imagine a HOF TE who wanted to retire, came back for 1-6 and chance at the playoffs my mid season, but that's just me.

If he had a ring, sure. He's got one maybe plays it out and then walks.  He doesn't.  He wouldn't want to play with Brady and see this good D as a better chance? Why not?

He can be had if Atl loses to TB at home and @ Arizona when the team quits officially on Mike Smith, which is very likely. They lack leadership right now. If White has a hammy that is not healed yet, they're in trouble.

KC and NE would be the obvious top 2 landing spots.  I don't think Denver has the 2 mil in cap space. lol

While TG would love a ring, he isn't going to let that define what he has done for the game.  He was ready to walk after last season without a ring but there was tremendous pressure for him to come back, he did.  Didn't work out.  He will continue to play hard and give it his all and pad his stats.  Greatest TE ever. 

If by some crazy chance he did go to play for another team at this point, I could see the Chiefs.  Start there end there and they are undefeated too. 

Denver is probably very happy with what they have going on there at the TE spot.

You really think the Pats would be 1 of only 2 obvious choices?  Why?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

great opportunity to bring in hall of fame TE-- he says he doesn't want to be traded, but the Falcons , out of the running , owe him the opportunity to win a SB what a great opportunity for him and the Patriots to win it all. Foxboro is the best place for him   he won't play next year and the Patriots/Falcons  connection could make it happen!!!

Why not Jared Cook? St Louis isn't going anywhere!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd love to see this happen...put him and Gronk out there with Amendola and our young guys and I think this offense will bounce back into something teams have to worry about again. Play action will have to be respected - which it isn't now - that happens when teams know your receivers aren't going to hurt you and you have no tigh ends that will be a threat down the middle. Gonzalez would change all that and then some.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

[QUOTE]

But are you hot? 

No way TG plays his entire career with the Falcons and then takes off mid season to join a new team.  Never happen.  He would be a joke if he did that.  Does he deserve a SB?  Yes.  But I didn't see Dan Marino or Jim Kelly get one either.   He will stay in Atlanta and continue to pad his stats now.  The guy is amazing.  Watching him last night still being a huge impact to the game after 17 years, simply amazing.  Guys like that don't leave mid season to go chase a ring with a new team.

[/QUOTE]

well dirty uncle  he did not play his entire career with the Falcons--guess what team he spent most of his career with until 2008?? I guess you became a football fan in Sept/2013,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to viewer222's comment:

but is he as good as Gonzalez who told Gruden I came back to win a Super Bowl--it's not going to happen now. Atlanta should let him go to a team that has the best opportunity to win a SB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Ha Ha Ha I guess dirty uncle realized his mistake and hurried to erase  it .. come on mr dirty admit you didn'r know anthony gonzalez did not start his career with the falcons---- hottie girl got you going!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

It'd be nice, but that ship has sailed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yes.

Bro you're racist AND sexist?  Jeesh man.  You need to learn to think before you post.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to viewer222's comment:

but is he as good as Gonzalez who told Gruden I came back to win a Super Bowl--it's not going to happen now. Atlanta should let him go to a team that has the best opportunity to win a SB.

It is true that Gonzalez would be a great addition. It is obvious that the Pats need a second "pass catching" TE. But have you watched Jared Cook play? He is very good on a not so good team. He would also open up "play action" So Gonzalez is pick #1, Cook #2 . The Pats who are no dummies, are aware they need another TE How will the Pats answer? Will they sign Daniel Fells? or are they looking for a "bigger impact"player ?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Players say stuff like that all the time and end up getting traded. What was he supposed to say when the reporter asked him? Yeah this team stinks I want out of here? Not saying it'll happen but it was the right thing to say at the time "I don't want to be traded"

I'd also like to add as he was just on E:60. I forgot how freakin hot his wife is!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

It'd be nice, but that ship has sailed.

Which ship?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Players say stuff like that all the time and end up getting traded. What was he supposed to say when the reporter asked him? Yeah this team stinks I want out of here? Not saying it'll happen but it was the right thing to say at the time "I don't want to be traded"

I'd also like to add as he was just on E:60. I forgot how freakin hot his wife is!!

yeh she is   he s just a great football player-- would love to see him a patriot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Love this idea. I have said several times on here that we need another TE, not another WR. Brilliant.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Ha Ha Ha I guess dirty uncle realized his mistake and hurried to erase  it .. come on mr dirty admit you didn'r know anthony gonzalez did not start his career with the falcons---- hottie girl got you going!!

Yes I did realize my mistake, my best friend who I grew up with has always been a chiefs fan and I knew TG played most of his career with them.  I don't know what I was thinking when I was typing that.  Once I realized I quickly changed it, not because you told me.  If you notice a few posts after my original post I wrote he would probably go to the Chiefs, start there end there. 

I would put the odds of him ending up in NE at slim, very slim.  Less then 5% chance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

She is more cute then hot.

If you are into fitness you should try his supplements.  His whey protein is great stuff!  His pure creatine is excellent too and for those not into whey protein he has a great veggie protein.   Check it out.