Patriots---go get Gonzalez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Patriots---go get Gonzalez

In response to melswitt's comment:

patriotrain and Uncle Rico are the same jets troll poster...... he is niether a Pats nor a Gonzalez fan and would hate to see the Pats sign him...But I'd love it!

Great, another mr. know it all who is wrong.  I am not a jets fan, I am a Patriots fan.  I would love to see TG come here, it would be awesome.  But lets be real, he ain't coming here.  

This place is a mess.  I join this place last month, nice and polite, everything going like a fan forum should, getting involved in some good discussions and then people don't like my opinion so they start saying I am a jets fan and the same person as bustchise.  Now melsdimwit is accusing me of being someone named patriotrain.  Unbelievable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ, its a great idea and I am sure everyone in pats nation including myself would be jumping for joy if TG came here, but I think the most likely spot IF traded is KC. Start and finish career there which may be his preference. I figure if the falcons are interested, TG is too and multiple teams come calling, out of respect they will ask TG where he wants to go...assuming all offers are faiirly equal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What young and, potentially, rising Pats star are you willing to give up to get Gonzalez or draft picks?  Sell the future for present satisfaction?  All I am saying.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The guy is a F**KING legend! Gronk and Jimmy Graham have big shoes to fill when this guy retires. He won't leave ATL though, BB tried to acquire him when he was first traded and he turned us down if my memory serves me correctly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Is Atlanta throwing in the towel? They are only two games out of the wildcard race. They play in the weaker NFC and if they can get Steven Jackson and Roddy White healthy they could still make a run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Gonzalez has not stated anything.   The Falcons are trying to save tickets and concessions not being sold in arguably the worst sports market in the country. They have 2 weeks to win 2 games to make it appear they can save the season, but losing even one with their schedule, will put the writing on the wall.  What else are they supposed to say?
    "We're giving up! Come get him!"?

LIke I said, if they drop to 1-6 with no way to save the season, Dimitrioff, trained by BB, will know the best move is to get what you can.

Cannot imagine a HOF TE who wanted to retire, came back for 1-6 and chance at the playoffs my mid season, but that's just me.

If he had a ring, sure. He's got one maybe plays it out and then walks.  He doesn't.  He wouldn't want to play with Brady and see this good D as a better chance? Why not?

He can be had if Atl loses to TB at home and @ Arizona when the team quits officially on Mike Smith, which is very likely. They lack leadership right now. If White has a hammy that is not healed yet, they're in trouble.

KC and NE would be the obvious top 2 landing spots.  I don't think Denver has the 2 mil in cap space. lol

You obviously have never been to Tampa Bay! Guarenteed 10 X worse as far as Sports markets go!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Question...  Why does going after gonzalez make more sense to y'all...

NOW vs. when he was a FREE AGENT......???  ( yes, the thread I posted under the same title had very little support)  That was last spring after falcons lost in the playoffs ... look at you all now. 

I  pointed out the injury history of gronk, hern, and Ballard, the awesomeness of Gonzalez  and he was FREE.  Evryone posted how TE was a position of strength.  really?  Hernandez wasn't even aTE (hback) so looking closer you had surgery- boy and big exjint who couldnt run. Fells showed nothing ever , and hooman who is solid but limited.

THAT was the time to swoop in with an offer. Asking him to BAIL on his teammates in midseason is really a wussy move and has likely zero chance to  succeed.  

(I do get the fact the NEGAME gets more action since she's hot.  ). But hey maybe admit you missed the boat and so did BB... ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Gonzalez is a class act. I'd love to see him come here. NE needs to get the 2TE offense running again, it's so integral to generating a rushing attack and the young WRs are a ways off from being able to stage a full scale spread like NE ran in 2007. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

This is something Belichick has to at least look into.  I would love for this to happen.