Patriots - GO GET STEVE SMITH WR CAROLINA!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Patriots - GO GET STEVE SMITH WR CAROLINA!

Instead of all this chat about VJAX which the Pats will never get due to the HIGH price tag of picks and bonuses, the Pats will never go for a guy like this.  Branch won't give us much at this point in his career, as he can barely stay on the field.  Although,
    A WR who was mentioned from a Mel Kiper article which was posted in another discussion in the front burner was about Steve Smith WR - Carolina! (see below)

Now I think - kicking the tires here with Carolina for Steve Smith is the way to go!  Might cost you a 3rd for him - and he could clearly be a #1 WR here in NE! We all know this guy is a nasty WR who play TOUGH HARD NOSED football!  I think he would go OFF playing with #12 Brady!  Oct 19th is the trade deadline and Carolina is/should be blowing up that team!  they need picks....Hopefully the Pats see this too and go after Smith!  The Pats have the Picks! - Now, if MONEY is the issue, SHAME on the Patriots organization.  Go Get him! at least do it for BRady! 

Kiper:
    What about trading picks now?
    When you have eight picks in the first four rounds, you have ammo to go and get a player if you think that guy can make an immediate difference. I don't see the Patriots getting Vincent Jackson (partially because of the stance and price we've seen from Chargers GM A.J. Smith thus far), but even a player like Steve Smith can't be considered an impossible get when you're holding such a massive picks portfolio.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Patriots - GO GET STEVE SMITH WR CAROLINA!

no thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Why are we assuming SS is available.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I don't know if he's available but he's definitely a player worth acquiring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots - GO GET STEVE SMITH WR CAROLINA!:
    I don't know if he's available but he's definitely a player worth acquiring.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

he's kinda beat up and whines alot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots - GO GET STEVE SMITH WR CAROLINA! : he's kinda beat up and whines alot
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I think if they added him, he'd be there for just this season. Generally new players tend to behave under such a short time period especially when they're going from a winless team to a potential contender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hasn't he been a head case at times?  I'm actually happy with who we have now.  As was also pointed out in the media, we have more talent on offense now than we had in the Branch/Givens/Brown/etc era.  Really, Brady has done more with less than what we have on board now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Go get Jerry Rice!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

They'd want the second rounder they gave us. How old is the guy? I like him as a player, no doubt, but he has a history of being a punk. Merriweather and him would really light up the Boston and Providence night life.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Patriots - GO GET STEVE SMITH WR CAROLINA!:
    Instead of all this chat about VJAX which the Pats will never get due to the HIGH price tag of picks and bonuses, the Pats will never go for a guy like this.  Branch won't give us much at this point in his career, as he can barely stay on the field.  Although, A WR who was mentioned from a Mel Kiper article which was posted in another discussion in the front burner was about Steve Smith WR - Carolina! (see below) Now I think - kicking the tires here with Carolina for Steve Smith is the way to go!  Might cost you a 3rd for him - and he could clearly be a #1 WR here in NE! We all know this guy is a nasty WR who play TOUGH HARD NOSED football!  I think he would go OFF playing with #12 Brady!  Oct 19th is the trade deadline and Carolina is/should be blowing up that team!  they need picks....Hopefully the Pats see this too and go after Smith!  The Pats have the Picks! - Now, if MONEY is the issue, SHAME on the Patriots organization.  Go Get him! at least do it for BRady!  Kiper: What about trading picks now? When you have eight picks in the first four rounds, you have ammo to go and get a player if you think that guy can make an immediate difference. I don't see the Patriots getting  Vincent Jackson  (partially because of the stance and price we've seen from Chargers GM A.J. Smith thus far), but even a player like  Steve Smith  can't be considered an impossible get when you're holding such a massive picks portfolio.
    Posted by NOISE

NEGATIVE!!! Steve Smith isn't the player he was in 2004. He's 31 years old, and has seemingly become injury prone. Furthermore, Smith has stated that he no longer wishes to be the #1 WR on his team...which to me signals that his competitive fires are burning out.

Unless the Pats can pick up a guy like Vincent Jackson on the cheap with regards to compensation, they should avoid any stop gap measures, keep their draft choices, and continue the youth movement. Give the Pats a top notch DE and OLB, and they're back. With the picks they have stock-piled, they have a shot at filling these needs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

They'd want the second rounder they gave us. How old is the guy? I like him as a player, no doubt, but he has a history of being a punk. Merriweather and him would really light up the Boston and Providence night life.
    Posted by mthurl

what about Lee Evans.......3rd rd pick??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Evans makes a lot more sense than Smith.  He's younger and more of a deep threat.  Evans had a real down year in 2009 because of TO and Buffalo not having a quality QB. He's not Moss, but I don't think he's far from Jackson in talent.

I'd inagine they kicked the tires on Evans too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Getting tired of all the negative nellies.... Brady will now find the open man and now we will all see if the players can step up and keep improving....I think Tate will surprise us with his ability to get deeper dow the field...( one handed catches maybe not....) but will show us over the next 13 games what he ( and they have)............

Cmon nellies....bring it on...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

i would rather trade up in the draft and get the best wideout (aj green) and have a young kid who absolutely a monster than a broke down always hurt steve smith or a guy who is one dui from getting a years suspension. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Please no. Don't give up a draft pick for a one year wonder.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Give the kids on the current roster a chance!  Why does everyone ASSUME the Pats have to get another, high profile, WR so soon?  I do not think too many think that BB most likely feels good about what he has now.  But, since fans can't see inside the coach's head, they think otherwise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Please name atleast two WR besides Steve Smith on the carolina Panthers without looking them up. Can you? I sure can't.

They have a rookie QB, why would they dump off the ONLY starting caliber WR and weapon at the WR position that they have?

Their TE's are not pass catchers and they lack WR's. If they got rid of Smith their passing game would ceaze to exist.

Use your brain before mindlessly posting" Get this guy, we have the picks to do it" you have to look at every situation from both teams point of view. Carolina would have to out of their minds to do this.

Sections
Shortcuts