Patriots had 4...2nd round draft picks in 2009.....Zero are on the roster right now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Patriots had 4...2nd round draft picks in 2009.....Zero are on the roster right now

Rusty....I just started this because it was a slow evening with Patriots FA movement.....I knew you could provide everybody here some entertainment.....Obviously this thread provided it!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Patriots had 4...2nd round draft picks in 2009.....Zero are on the roster right now

In response to Rocky's comment:

"Hi....My name is Rusty......(Deep breath...................) and I was wrong!"

Rusty not just wrong...DESTROYED!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

BB is not the best GM ever. He is good at manipulating the draft boards and managing the cap, but his drafts leave a lot to be desired.

Pats have been a good team for a while, and the biggest treason for that is BB the coach and Brady...and some luck that the AFC East has been a subpar division for a while.

His picks lately have me excited, but it's still too early to judge most of them other than Hern and Gronk

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Thanks Rusty!  That was the first time I have ever been called a troll!  

And I feel honored to have you be the first one to call me one!

Thank you!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

BB is not the best GM ever. He is good at manipulating the draft boards and managing the cap, but his drafts leave a lot to be desired.

Pats have been a good team for a while, and the biggest treason for that is BB the coach and Brady...and some luck that the AFC East has been a subpar division for a while.

His picks lately have me excited, but it's still too early to judge most of them other than Hern and Gronk

You do realize he has to draft to replace much faster than any other GM the last 10 years, right?

How many times have players left NE for more money under the cap, to the point he had to possibly draft more for need than he would have liked?   Many, many times.  After winning 3 SBs, it became very clear rival AFC teams in particular would overbid on NE's recent draft picks simply to steal them away.  

You act like there somehow better GMs with better track records and there aren't. 

Compare BB to Bill Walsh and you'll find having to deal with a lot more than Walsh did.

Either that, or name ONE GM better in the last 10 years.  No one combines the draft and the FA market better than BB.

Either name the GM and explain why or just forget it.   

Tom Brady-AFC East

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Thanks Rusty!  That was the first time I have ever been called a troll!  

And I feel honored to have you be the first one to call me one!

Thank you!

I am pretty sure it's not the first time for you, Rocky.

I am pretty sure it is Rusty......

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I get what you are saying Russ about rebuilding and having to restock , but that doesn't explain the point of this post which is the 2009, 2nd round. Yes, you can look at things in a macro sense, and overall, bb's tack record in the draft is just better than average but not by much.   Like I said before, he has picked more than any other GM in rounds 1-3 since 2006 and his hit rate is right around 50%. He has made some really great late round picks, but by and large his 1-3 round selections, which are premium picks have been less that the stellar GM you make him out to be. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I get what you are saying Russ about rebuilding and having to restock , but that doesn't explain the point of this post which is the 2009, 2nd round. Yes, you can look at things in a macro sense, and overall, bb's tack record in the draft is just better than average but not by much.   Like I said before, he has picked more than any other GM in rounds 1-3 since 2006 and his hit rate is right around 50%. He has made some really great late round picks, but by and large his 1-3 round selections, which are premium picks have been less that the stellar GM you make him out to be. 

I gotta tell ya, this thread is great that it was started by a troll and trolled by Phat Rex aka "Navin Johnson" with his cover being ruined.

BB will never be good enough for some of you and that's a shame.  It really is.  He takes all the blame via the media and some fall for it every year.

It's somewhat sick, actually. 95% of NFL teams would drool over him being their coach and GM.

The last 3 postseason games it has been Brady crapping the bed, not BB.

Rusty..... why are so upset about this thread?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

You do realize he has to draft to replace much faster than any other GM the last 10 years, right?

How many times have players left NE for more money under the cap, to the point he had to possibly draft more for need than he would have liked?   Many, many times.  After winning 3 SBs, it became very clear rival AFC teams in particular would overbid on NE's recent draft picks simply to steal them away.  

You act like there somehow better GMs with better track records and there aren't. 

Compare BB to Bill Walsh and you'll find having to deal with a lot more than Walsh did.

Either that, or name ONE GM better in the last 10 years.  No one combines the draft and the FA market better than BB.

Ted Thompson has been pretty good.

Kevin Colbert has done a nice job too

Ozzie Newsome has won 2 Super Bowls with two different QBs.

BB inherited some pretty good players from the Parcell's era. Obviously, Brady is the biggest key to success and I think has covered up for a lot of BB's recent short comings. Building a team is much easier when you have an all time great as your QB.

Look at Polian, '06 and beyond, he did a pretty bad job drafting...yet the Colts still won at least 12 games every year because of their QB and the division they were in. 

Getting a good QB covers up a lot.

And just in case you whip out the Matt Cassel argument, I will say that it was a great coaching job by BB. But the team lost to pretty much all the playoff teams they faced. They're best win was probably against the NFC Champ cardinals...and that was a 1:00pm game in the snow...something that obviously doesnt shape up too well for those West Coast teams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Patriots made four 2nd-round picks in 2009: Chung, Butler, Brace & Vollmer. as of right now, none of the four are on the current NE roster.

Let the venting begin!

The 2009 was a disaster. But...what's done is done. No sense in re-hashing past failings. Time is better spent figuring out how to get things back on SB championship track.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I gotta tell ya, this thread is great that it was started by a troll and trolled by Phat Rex aka "Navin Johnson" with his cover being ruined.

BB will never be good enough for some of you and that's a shame.  It really is.  He takes all the blame via the media and some fall for it every year.

It's somewhat sick, actually. 95% of NFL teams would drool over him being their coach and GM.

The last 3 postseason games it has been Brady crapping the bed, not BB.

Nope!  BB not being able to draft DB's and WR's has hurt the team for 5 yrs.

Bottom 5, D last 3 yrs.   BOTTOM 5!!!!!  Even the 2-14 RAms had a better D.  UGH

TB's the reason they aren't picking top 5 in the draft like the RAMS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Tom Brady-AFC East

That's like saying Montana-NFC West

BB>Walsh

Nice try, though.

nice try but walsh won in a tougher conference against superior teams and not in the "offensive" era you whine about-be great to see montana and rice play today huh? add two more lombardi's - and he and never lost a sb, neither did montana...but even that is besides the point-walsh actually drafted montana and made him the starter-bellichick stumbled on brady and got lucky when bledsoe got hurt-huge difference if ur gonna claim greatness

you claim bellichick is the "greatest" ever but u never seem to acknowledge all the misses/busts and the fact that u call kraft the best owner and brady is acknowledged as the best qb of his era but it's going on 10 years without a title

no one claimed walsh was the greatest gm but ur claiming bellichick is so ur gonna have to do better than to keep crying about the cap when evaluating his track record...and while ur at it try admitting that the cap can actually be a positive because it stops teams from keeping all the free agents and stars they have and buying everything in sight-something the smaller market/tight-fisted pats would never do (see glenn sather edmonton vs new york)-be grateful the cap is there or bellichick would really have to pick stars not "value"

btw the rams in the nfc west in montana's era were much better than any team the jets dolphin and bills have fielded in over a decade...and pats beat the 85 Bears or the 86 Giants? no way no day

nice try though

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Not saying he isn't a great coach . He is probably o e of the best. What I am saying Russ is he is not as godly a GM as you make him out to be, specifically drafting. 

If he is the premier GM, his draft hit rate shoud be higher than 50%. It's not. And, he has more whiffs in the early grounds than most, even with the 22 or so picks he has made in rounds 1-3 since 2006. You can't debate tht because the success and failures in the draft are evident. What he has craftily done is cover up the early misses with late rounders and UDFAs. However, you got to ask, if he had hit on 10-15% more of those early rounders and we didn't have to play the guys at the end if the draft, how better would the team be?

btw...the reason the pats seal the division every year and make the playoffs is because of Brady and the offense. Not your defense 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Not saying he isn't a great coach . He is probably o e of the best. What I am saying Russ is he is not as godly a GM as you make him out to be, specifically drafting. 

If he is the premier GM, his draft hit rate shoud be higher than 50%. It's not. And, he has more whiffs in the early grounds than most, even with the 22 or so picks he has made in rounds 1-3 since 2006. You can't debate tht because the success and failures in the draft are evident. What he has craftily done is cover up the early misses with late rounders and UDFAs. However, you got to ask, if he had hit on 10-15% more of those early rounders and we didn't have to play the guys at the end if the draft, how better would the team be?

btw...the reason the pats seal the division every year and make the playoffs is because of Brady and the offense. Not your defense 

very fair and reasonable but of course not nearly good enough for rusty

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

very fair and reasonable but of course not nearly good enough for rusty

Of course nothing is fair enough, reasonable enough, or good enough for Rusty the board "Troll"

Sections
Shortcuts