Patriots have had harder Schedule than Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Patriots have had harder Schedule than Broncos

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

Meh....Let the Broncos go and blow everyone out on their way to bye week and a 1 and done. We know ALL about having a team that runs in front and isnt tested. We will be a better team by years end for the adversity. No team gets better when everyone tells them they are great and they play creampuffs!

BTw, they still dont look anything like the 07 Pats. They look very vulnerable. Its just noone has played them that can matchup. Im gonna enjoy when that Castle comes crumbling down in week 12.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

They look very vulnerable

UNREAL  Undecided

[/QUOTE]

Coming from somebody who follows a team that is the poster child of proving "They look very vulnerable", I find your scoffing rather ironic jints.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I want to see what happens when Denver finally gets a game against a top 5 defense, or if that even happens this season.  Don't mean to backslap the 16-0 Pats, but they also got beat in the SB by a team that went what, 9-7?  10-6?  That Pats team also had a relatively "easy" schedule.  This Broncos team reminds me a lot, so far, of the undefeated Pats team. Just saying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to soups' comment:

I want to see what happens when Denver finally gets a game against a top 5 defense, or if that even happens this season.  Don't mean to backslap the 16-0 Pats, but they also got beat in the SB by a team that went what, 9-7?  10-6?  That Pats team also had a relatively "easy" schedule.  This Broncos team reminds me a lot, so far, of the undefeated Pats team. Just saying.

Are you kidding? The 2007 Pats ran the gauntlet of good NFL teams that year.

A full 1/4 of their schedule was against division winners.

Eleven of their 16 games were against teams at least 7-9.

They played; Chargers 11-5, Browns 10-6, Cowboys 13-3, Skins 9-7, Colts 13-3, Steelers 10-6 and Giants 10-6.

That nearly half of their schedule had a combined 76-36 record.

One of their tougher schedules over the years.

What was an easy schedule was in 2008. If Brady didn't get hurt they likely would have gone undefeated again, and then completed the perfect season.

Pollard probably has cost us 2 rings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to pauldeba's comment:

Patriots opponents are 5-11, Broncos opponents are 4-12

Patriots are 2 home and 2 away, Broncos are 3 home and 1 away

Now, they have 2 Chiefs and 2 Chargers, Dallas, New England, Tennesse, Indianapolis and Texas

we have Denver, Miami twice, the team that lost to Buffalo yesterday, New Orleans, the team that lost to cleveland yesterday and the Texans

Time for the Bronco 16-0 chatter to pipe down

Like the Pats in 2007, all they can do is play the schedule they were given.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

The jealousy of Denver continues to amaze. Wow

And your jealousy of New England is even more amazing and transparent.  Get lost, Phat Rex.

Ok, Rusty. Gee, I haven't heard that one before... except from 1 other person. Undecided

lol.  Like clockwork: every time I call you out, you pull the lame Rusty label to save face.  You truly are pathetic.

Kind of like you pull the PhatRex label, right?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

One thing about the "myth" of the more difficult schedule argument is the presumption NFL teams will always play to expectations every week.  The league really is going true to form with the "..on any given Sunday." thinking.  There are teams right now with surprising records both ways that many did not think would be the case at the quarter pole.  The Pats, for one, I do not believe ANYONE thought they'd be 4 - 0 considering the roster turnover on offense and the players they have lost to injuries so far.

The "more difficult" schedule argument is a rationalization used by some to diminish the accomplishments of a team given each NFL team is trying to win the game they are playing.  I do not think any team is laying it down for their opponent.  When all is said and done, the Pats, and any other NFL team for that matter, do not control their schedule and how the other team fares week to week.  The Pats can only control the game they are playing that day.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

Good post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

1. Make the playoffs.

2. Focus on Team Gomer Horseface if you face it then.

3. Beat them.

4. Next.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I"m not a fan of schedule-measuring contests. 

The Broncos are clearly the real deal and an AFC title contender. 

There are a handful of teams in the AFC that could challenge and beat them in a winner take all game. 

From what I seeing now, I believe the Pats can be one of those teams. The loss of Wilfork will have to be overcome, and I believe we will need a healthy Gronk from whenever he comes back to the rest of the year. But I don't see any reason why it can't happen and why we couldn't play the Broncos in the AFC championship game - and win. 

I expect the Broncos to be there and I expect it's likely we will be there too. 

I have been hard on Belichick as I felt he put the season at some risk with this offensive personnel decisions, but the fact is we are 4-0 and it looks to me like: 

1. Enough of the young receivers are going to stick to the wall

2. Especially if Gronk and Amendola can eventually play

3. Loss of Welker has been compensated for (Belichick is right that we didn't need Welker in the slot). 

4. The defense should be excellent AS LONG AS Talib stays healthy

If we advance deep into the playoffs I will give Bill his due for this year's work. On the other hand if Edelman were to go down and Amendola not get back on the field, the Welker thing gets revisited all over again. If Welker beats us in the playoffs, that will raise questions also. 

Right now I like where the team is headed and I'm not worried about the Broncos. If we round into shape we will be good enough.