Patriots have offered a 2nd and 4th round pick to Chicago for Matt Forte.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

Re: Patriots have offered a 2nd and 4th round pick to Chicago for Matt Forte.

In Response to Re: Patriots have offered a 2nd and 4th round pick to Chicago for Matt Forte.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots have offered a 2nd and 4th round pick to Chicago for Matt Forte. : Hey newb, word of advice, watch how you talk to senior members.  Sportsbozo adds a lot to the forum.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

So now we are assessing our status based upon how long you have been posting from your parents bedroom? You must be the king!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I don't believe it. They used picks for Vereen and Ridley, I don't expect a top tiered (and priced) RB. The Bears fan who's worried about him going to the Packers makes a better case. Not that I wouldn't like to see him in Silver and Blue, but I doubt it ever happens. You cannot believe any of these "rumors" anyway, they will drive you nuts!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

What is the saying " if it sounds too goood be true ... it probably is!"

Cmon only a 2nd and a 4th?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

bump

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots have offered a 2nd and 4th round pick to Chicago for Matt Forte.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots have offered a 2nd and 4th round pick to Chicago for Matt Forte. : So now we are assessing our status based upon how long you have been posting from your parents bedroom? You must be the king!
    Posted by Runer[/QUOTE]

Apparently you have not been around here long enough to read many of his posts, Sportsbozo has some good insight.  Of course everyone isn't going to agree on everything but really, to make a remark like you did is just childish and shows how new you are here.  Grow up and have some intelligent back and forth instead of just shooting off your typing fingers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

Maybe just maybe the pats could get him for two number twos but no way does Chicago let him go for a two and four. Then fitting him under the cap for a long term would have to be done before the deal would be finalized.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots have offered a 2nd and 4th round pick to Chicago for Matt Forte. : Apparently you have not been around here long enough to read many of his posts, Sportsbozo has some good insight.  Of course everyone isn't going to agree on everything but really, to make a remark like you did is just childish and shows how new you are here.  Grow up and have some intelligent back and forth instead of just shooting off your typing fingers.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

New around here. LOL Sorry I did not mean to offend all of you "Pats fans since 2001"

Carry on!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I would love this move but I just don't see it happening.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The man in charge of the Bears, Ted Phillips, says that his team is not going trade Forte: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-spt-0327-bears-phillips--20120327,0,1077310.column

We'll see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Forte wants to get PAID. That's the entire issue for him in Chicago.
    So on top of N.E. giving them a 2nd and a 4th, they'd have to step up and give Forte the money he's looking for as well.

In summary, about a 2% chance of this occuring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Threads with rumors shouldnt be posted as fact. We might get Steven Jackson for a 2nd and a 4th, although being pick rich the Rams will hold out for better trade deals now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Big money running backs are often a waste of time, they come and go like the weather.  I'd rather see the money spent on improving the O-line.

Edit: Now Steven Jackson is a different story imo he is a manchild.  But this is all speculation, for that matter the thread title shouldn't be framed as it is, totally misleading...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

I'd love to see this move. Look what happend when they picked up a man named Corey Dillon. I have high hopes for Ridley and Vereen but If they can't produce then how can we keep our D off the field?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots have offered a 2nd and 4th round pick to Chicago for Matt Forte. : New around here. LOL Sorry I did not mean to offend all of you "Pats fans since 2001" Carry on!
    Posted by Runer[/QUOTE]
    67 posts, here since last late last year.  You know nothing about the people here and this board.  Pats fan since 2001 makes you a genius? LOL @ U. Sit back and learn.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Big money running backs are often a waste of time, they come and go like the weather.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

I agree with andrew.

I mentioned this in one of the BJGE threads last week, but take a look at all the guys you would consider "fantasy" running backs and check out where their teams finished last year.

It will tell you something about who is and is not going to "get paid" in this brave new NFL . . .  at least by teams with any hope of winning anything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I heard this rumor may have some legs. A lot of things never end up happening, but make no mistake, B.B. is always on the phone looking to improve the team.

I think Ridley could improve and show himself to be a reliable starter, but it doesnt change the fact we still need more bodies.

As for the comment about looking where the fantasy backs have faired , I think you have to look at the QB play. Its not fair to just say, IF you have a Top back, you wont go anwyhere, Thats pretty shallow.

Adrian Peterson had Who at Qb last year. What about M.J.D? Oh, he had Blaine Gabbert, the rookie.

What about ummmm Arian Foster. He had no qb halfway thru the season,but the defense on the other side was pretty good. Marshawn Lynch??  NO Qb.

Its pretty simple. We already have a QB, We are just missing a DEFENSE and a SOLID RB on this team.  Im not buying this cra p about fantasy backs holding you back. This is still a Qb league. How about making sure you have a Good QB AND RB..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Bears appear prepared to "go to the mattresses" over Forte contract: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827ec70f/article/lovie-on-upset-forte-its-not-about-one-person?module=HP11_headline_stack

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but we still don't have anything more than fan speculation or did I miss something?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

From Rotoworld Evan Sylva's Prediction -  hope he's right but I'd don't think the Pats have a 6th round pick...but anyways, food for thought

1. Bears running back Matt Forte

Forte has done his best to make the organization look bad in repeated ESPN appearances, complaining about his contract status. He was particularly displeased with the Bears' signing of Michael Bush, even though shared rushing attempts could actually work to prolong Forte's career.

Forte is a good back. New GM Phil Emery knows it, or else he wouldn't have slapped Forte with the franchise tag. But the Bears now have a starting-caliber replacement, and can find another on day two of the draft. On the trade market, Forte could fetch a second-round pick and then some.

Prediction: Traded to New England for second- and sixth-round picks.

Sections
Shortcuts