Patriots have signed free-agent guard Mitch Petrus.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Patriots have signed free-agent guard Mitch Petrus.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/13/pats-pick-up-mitch-petrus/

mankins or connoly may be out significant time

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Patriots have signed free-agent guard Mitch Petrus.

hello. new interior lineman. you all heard?

word is good run blocker, crappy pass blocker. lets see what scar thinks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Haven't yet. Thanks for the heads up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not a big move imo. He's mainly a depth guy that's better then the options they have on their PS. I mean the Giants released the kid and the Giants aren't exactly a steller OL to begin with. I have a feeling this kid will be cut before the seasons over

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I actually like this signing.  Maybe its the fact that the Giants offense went up against our defense, but they're line has always looked pretty decent...at least for the last couple of years.  I thought the G-men O-line gelled quite a bit and were fairly consistent.

I think he'll help.  Seems like a big, stout kid...here's hoping coach Scar gets him ready.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Tom Coughlin of the Giants is of the same bloodline as Bill Belichick.  They both go back to Parcells.  So, a Coughlin guy might be a good stopgap in a Belichick blocking scheme. 

It's always nice to have an ex-Giant on the team, just in case the G-men come up as the NFC champions and the Patriots come up as AFC champions.  The 6-4 Giants sometimes miss the playoffs but when they scratch their way in the door, they have a habit of suddenly getting good in January.  The 6-3 Patriots, 3-0 in their division, have to be already looking beyond the regular season schedule to January in Foxboro.  And remember, if you're unemployed, the Krafts pay $10/hour for snow shovelers a day or two before home games.