Patriots have so many Weapons - This Ravens game should be easier then week 3.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Patriots have so many Weapons - This Ravens game should be easier then week 3.

The Ravens offense is playing easily their best ball of the year. Big time.

THIS WILL BE A REAL TEST OF THE PATS D. And it will test our O too. And special teams. But our D will need to come up big agasint a team with multiple weapons and playing VERY well. Flacco is not TB but he is playing very very good ball lately. ANd he is not without confidence.

Hear is to hoping our D steps up. I think they can and I thnk they will.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

Re: Patriots have so many Weapons - This Ravens game should be easier then week 3.

In response to RockScully's comment:

Agree with TFB12. No one is saying "easier". Don't look at a word like that and knee jerk an opposite reaction.

The positives for NE outweight those of Baltimore.  Let's be honest that on D NE is much better than in late September.

Talib, Dennard, Arrington now inside where he thrives, McCourty looking better as a Safety, some good play from guys like Francis and Deaderick up front, etc.

If you're a Baltimore fan and ignoring these facts, you're just beng delusional.

It doesn't mean NE is going to win, it just means NE matches up well with Baltimore and Baltimore not so well with NE.

There was a time, back in November, where I came on here and said:  "This is the worst 9-2 team I've ever seen."

It's somehat true. Doesn't matter on Sunday, but there is a reason I said that.  The Ray Lewis factor has catapulted their emotion and their play into another level, which is good for them. The question is, will that be good enough on Sunday on the road again with some matchup problems on both sides of the ball for Baltimore?

No one said easier?  That's the title of the thread!

Again I think the Pats should win this game! But I just don't understand why folks are so quick to write off the Gronk injury (no, not an excuse a legitimate concern).  Nor do I understand how getting a player like Suggs back and a new OC means that Baltimore is the same.  

Has the Pats defense grown?  Yes, it is greatly improved.   Have other players stepped up? Yes to that too.  But Baltimore is improved also, and it's the playoffs.   This should be a hell of a game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

the patriots are a better team than last year, and earlier this season. bb has done an excellent job rebuilding. gronk being out hurts but they have pleanty of weapons, it was great to see vareen have the game we all know he is capable of when given a chance. the defense is also better, 2nd youngest in the league i think. 

wondering why dennard was out today? hopefully nothing serious.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to sporter81's comment:

the patriots are a better team than last year, and earlier this season. bb has done an excellent job rebuilding. gronk being out hurts but they have pleanty of weapons, it was great to see vareen have the game we all know he is capable of when given a chance. the defense is also better, 2nd youngest in the league i think. 

Not injury related. I am hoping it's not the flu.  Crossing fingers.

yeah, i was thinking that too... as expected dennard was one of the steals in the draft to where he fell to. i really like his game, in some ways he reminds me of ty law, smaller but he's physical, doesn't back down , and makes plays. I remember when he first started seeing playing time against denver earlier in the season and manning trying to go after him like 3 times in a row, dennard made the play on all of them. pretty good stuff for a rookie.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

okay thanks for that.... better than the flu

Got to the facility late becasue of snow and they sent him home.

Well that's what Adalius Thomas told me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Too bad this was made at the begin of the year...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Some other notes from previous Raven games that i dont think were mentioned.

Hernanandez didn't play week 3.

And i think most importantly in last years Champ game  Mankins was playing with, what a torn ligament or something. I can only assume he is healthier now ( of course he could have a severed limb and still be listed as probable) and our RBs are a big improvement over last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Call me crazy, but I don't think we could of asked for a better chance to go to the Super Bowl than having Baltimore come here to play us. I just think our defense is better than it was earlier in the year when we blew that game against them and I think we should have more weapons than the time we played them in the AFC Championship game last year. If I remember correctly Hernandez was either coming off a concussion or ankle injury and then we lost Gronk late in the third. Ocho Cinco was still running around the field as clueless as a parking lot attendant...Lloyd wasn't here and we have a little more pop at the running back position.

I don't think it will be easy, but I like our chances better than having to go to Denver in that thin air, with the refs working to the crowd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

nice picture!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Patriots by 3 TD's

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Defense better.

Offense better.

OC better.

We are a better team than last year.

Vegas has it right. I'm thinking double digit win for all the reasons stated.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Defense better.

Offense better.

OC better.

Agreed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

nice picture!

Thanks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Great picture!  Did you do this?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If the Patriots used the same game plan they used for the Texans the Patriots would win big. Of course they won't now that they used it against the Texans but they could easily use something close to it.  With Gronk in there they probably tend to go heavy game plan with Gronk which if the D shuts Gronk down like in their first game then it makes it a tough close game.  With Gronk out then I believe they will mix it up a bit especially now that they see what Vereen can do I'm sure they will add him into it.  Get Ridley, Woodhead and Bolden in on the running attack, Hooman catching a few, Hernandez heavy in the game plan with Welker and a dash of Lloyd... No can defend!!

I just wish we could get a good punt/kick return going.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Its as simple as this..

THIS DEFENSE with Talib, Dennard, DMC at Safety, Gregory and the rookies with 17 games on their shoulders is gonna contain the Ravens to 20 - 24 pts.

THIS OFFENSE with or without gronk can score 30+ points to almost every Defense in the league on every single weekend.

Broncos had 3 TO: 1 int for TD a Fumble at a HUGE point in the 4thQ and anothe INT to kill themselves. AND MANAGED the clock bad in the 4th Q. Thats why the Ravens won.

If NE plays clean, good football (nothing amazing or great) can win this game by 5-6`pts.

Denver lost Moreno (2nd RB) and played the last chunk of the game with their 3rd RB.

We have a healthy set of RB´s... thats huge !

Pats 31  Ravens 24

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

okay thanks for that.... better than the flu

Got to the facility late becasue of snow and they sent him home.

Well that's what Adalius Thomas told me.

that was awsone !!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Defense better.

Offense better.

OC better.

Agreed

Those guys at Vegas haaaaaaaaaate to lose money, right ????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

TFB I hope you are right. 

A couple realities I didn't see you take into account: Ravens defense is on a roll last three games. Held Manning to 21 points in more than four quarters of play. Flacco's deep ball has never been better. I see the Ravens having the luxury of shutting down Welker given that they won't have to worry about Gronk. They'll use Ed Reed/Pollard on Hernandez. I think a lot of it will come down to Llloyd. Lloyd will have open looks and if Llloyd has a huge game we are going to win because they are not going to take their extra coverage of Welker and Hernandez. I'm nervous counting on Lloyd in a big game but I really think he's key. 

If he plays well that will also open up the running game and we should be in business. 

I think it's going to be a very tough and close game. Again I hope you're right though TFB, I'd much rather watch a blowout and not stress on Sunday. :) 

The one thing I think folks miss though is that football being one-and-done has a really different dynamic. I think if we play these guys ten times on a neutral field we win 6. Meaning there are scenarios that could take us out of this game and put us on our heels. But: we could also get a pick 6 and change the tone from the beginning. Go Pats!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Great picture!  Did you do this?

Yes. Not in your league but yes I did.